PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Yaris 2993 programming by tacho universal

devilsadvocate
30th August, 2010, 08:09 PM
Hi, i had a Toyota Yaris today for mileage change and i gave up on it. Please explain to me how should i program the eeprom with Tacho Universal. When i opened the dash, there were 3 eeproms on the board which all looked similar. Only one of em had something written on it like lc46A, so i figured this must be it. I used the smallest clip provided in the tacho universal to connect but it failed reading the mileage. I did not unsolder the eeprom. Please provide pictures if possible. Thanx

ION CRISTI
30th August, 2010, 08:25 PM
desolder eeprom 93c46. read eeprom with tacho use adaptor 93cxx port 1 or port 2. best use a programmer to read the memory and then calculates the tachosoft.

GMXcool
30th August, 2010, 08:36 PM
Hi

93LC46A is rotated pin !!!

NORMAL ROTATED
Pin 1 = CS Pin 3 = CS
Pin 2 = SK Pin 4 = SK
Pin 3 = DI Pin 5 = DI
Pin 4 = DO Pin 6 = DO
Pin 5 = GND Pin 7 = GND
Pin 6 = ORG Pin 8 = ORG
Pin 7 = DC Pin 1 = DC
Pin 8 = VCC Pin 2 = VCC

Regard

Hi, i had a Toyota Yaris today for mileage change and i gave up on it. Please explain to me how should i program the eeprom with Tacho Universal. When i opened the dash, there were 3 eeproms on the board which all looked similar. Only one of em had something written on it like lc46A, so i figured this must be it. I used the smallest clip provided in the tacho universal to connect but it failed reading the mileage. I did not unsolder the eeprom. Please provide pictures if possible. Thanx

devilsadvocate
31st August, 2010, 10:47 AM
Ok so now i hav another problem. After screwing the dash back in the car. I cant see the odo lights during the day. The small area where the odo, fuel and clock were showing are not visible during the day unless i turn on the parking lights. Where have i gone wrong. Have i blown something? I hope its not a big issue

devilsadvocate
31st August, 2010, 10:53 AM
Its ok. turns out one of the LED was blown. Dont have an idea how it happened though. I have changed the led and now its fixed

u.s
10th February, 2011, 10:52 AM
sorry to dig up an old thread, but can someone confirm the following:
on a 2004 Yaris with a 93c46 eeprom, can we just clip it and read with tacho?
it is only the 93lc46 eeprom that has the rotated pins?

thanks

dave11674
10th February, 2011, 12:00 PM
ive always done jap stuff in situe mate

clip OSC and clean eeprom and clip
all good

but 100% always safe to remove eeprom

and always not the pin 1 position

dave

u.s
10th February, 2011, 12:07 PM
thanks for the reply mate, so it is only the 93lc46 that has the rotated pins?
if the 2004 yaris dash has a 93c46 then just clip it and read?

z786
10th February, 2011, 03:22 PM
correct :)