PDA

View Full Version : picture freezing on A780

benthewolf
31st August, 2010, 09:41 AM
Morning folks.
Very pleased with the A780 (had it 3 weeks now)
When watching TV the picture occasionally stutters. It seems obvious that this is a server update issue, maybe to do with my ADSL (Talk Talk).
Anybody else had the same issue?

DW190
31st August, 2010, 08:50 PM
Morning folks.
Very pleased with the A780 (had it 3 weeks now)
When watching TV the picture occasionally stutters. It seems obvious that this is a server update issue, maybe to do with my ADSL (Talk Talk).
Anybody else had the same issue?

Only had the very odd occasion of freezing for 2 to 3 seconds.

Have you got the latest update?

Menu
installation
S/W update

gadgetfiend
2nd September, 2010, 12:48 PM
tbh with this kind of system you really have to expect the occasional freezes and glitches, more so if your on vm bb when their network latency problems are apparent.

RP3X
3rd September, 2010, 03:54 PM
The real test of the inbuilt server will be when a few thousand that get there box today/tomorrow and then try it ;)

benthewolf
6th September, 2010, 09:16 PM
tried the s/w update and it has downloaded. I will see how it goes. My concern is that the server may be struggling now.
I have a 1 sec freeze every half hour or so

jumpinjo
6th September, 2010, 09:50 PM
My concern is that the server may be struggling now.

your concern is unfounded bud

gadgetfiend
7th September, 2010, 11:11 AM
talk talk can be a pain as well m8 my brother in law uses it on his c/s sat dreambox and gets glitching all the time and it aint server related.

benthewolf
9th September, 2010, 10:57 AM
I have done the S/W update from the box and it seems to have improved dramatically. Thanks all for the help. I didnt realise that the software could be updated without loading new firmware.

cactikid
9th September, 2010, 07:56 PM
clever box is it not lol