PDA

View Full Version : HELP please, Accessing the files!

ronb62
15th April, 2008, 09:56 PM
Hi, complete newbie so be gentle please. My son-in-law's Nokia dbox has stopped working he has asked me to "look at it" I can connect to it with FTP progs and transfer files from it but it won't allow me to write any back to any folder. I get :-[15/04/2008 21:49:22] Connecting FTP data socket... 192.168.0.4:43105...
[15/04/2008 21:49:22] 553 Could not create file.
ERROR:> [15/04/2008 21:49:22] Access denied.
There does not seem to be any file system control using the DBOX remote. There is a folder called TUXBOX which is the program i think !!! i need to access to set write permissions to allow me transfer files onto the box but I can see no way of starting this from the dbox menu. YWEB interface is flaky it stops working after a couple of selections using explorer. How do I get it to accept files??? using FTP Many thanks in advance . Ron

Devilfish
15th April, 2008, 10:20 PM
That fact that you can ftp from it is a good thing. If it won't allow you to transfer any files TO the box then the image has locked and it is read-only.

You will need to flash the image again.

You can get a 1x image here (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=103) and a 2x image here (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=102).

If it's a nokia then it will be a 2x image you'll need. If it's a Sagem, then it could be either a 2x or 1x box, maybe you're son-in-law will know. This means it either has 1 flash chip (1x) or 2 flash chips (2x). You can remove the cover or peer through the vents to see how many it's got. It should say Intel Flash or AMD on the flash chips.

Once you've got the image you need, FTP the .img file to the /tmp folder on the box. This should still be writable.

Using the remote...do the following...

DBOX
SERVICE MENU
SOFTWARE UPDATE
EXPERT FUNCTIONS
WRITE ONE PARTITION
FLASH WITHOUT BOOTLOADER

Select the image from the list and then OK.

It will then be flashed to the box.

When it reboots, you will need to alter the network settings again to match your home network. Connect to it with ftp again. You'll now need to transfer over the new auto update files (links in my signature).

Once that's done, do a channels scan and set up your bouquets.

That's it! Easy peasy! ;)

ronb62
16th April, 2008, 06:33 PM
Mega thx have done everything except when I got to -
Remember to enable AU { 02 } in the camd_cfg file and mg_cfg file.

Couldn't see how?? probably so obvious , can you help??
BTW the image update also made YWEB work properly too! YAY!!
Thanks again Ron

C64
16th April, 2008, 06:59 PM
Tthen the image has locked and it is read-only.

Mate, any idea why boxes sometimes do this, seems to happen to me a fair bit.