PDA

View Full Version : How to update PIWIS?

SprintStar
1st September, 2010, 04:20 PM
Hello All!

I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot but how does one update the PIWIS? I'm on V26 and I have a install disc for V27.

When I click on Tools->Update DVD, I get a "No valid signature" message.

Do I have to log out and log in as different user? If so, what account to log in & what password? Thanks!

By the way, my PIWIS is on a KTS650. Thanks!

Sprint.

Geo9146
1st September, 2010, 08:03 PM
Porsche says wait 5 minutes and try again.
You may have to try several times, or reboot the KTS or both.
Just keep trying till it works, maybe burn the disc again at a slower speed and/or with a higher quality disc.
Good luck

SprintStar
1st September, 2010, 09:06 PM
Porsche says wait 5 minutes and try again.
You may have to try several times, or reboot the KTS or both.
Just keep trying till it works, maybe burn the disc again at a slower speed and/or with a higher quality disc.
Good luck

The files that I downloaded are for a setup disc. It has V26 setup.exe & V27 setup.exe in seperate folders.

How do I update? Using the CD Update function in PIWIS or log in the system as Admin and the run the program from Explorer?

If log in as Admin, what the userid & password? Thanks!

Sprint.

911 Turbo
2nd September, 2010, 01:32 PM
I had the same issue on my PIWIS clone - it wouldn't update using the Tools>CD Update function. I found that it would update fine if I ran the setup.exe file in the root directory of the install DVD from Start>Run in Windows.

I'm not familiar with the KTS650 installation, but if you can access the Start menu, give that a try.

speederman
2nd September, 2010, 01:59 PM
Where did you get that update ? Is it an original DVD ?
I had this problem several times and I fixed it by burning the DVD at a lower speed, then it worked.
If it's not the original DVD or a copy of it, then you'll have to run the .exe files from the start menu, but you will need password, that I'm sure you don't have...

911 Turbo
2nd September, 2010, 04:15 PM
Hmmmm. I didn't need a password to do the update. I did need to reset the Windows password to get back into Windows, but I used ERD Commander to do that.

fred83
19th January, 2011, 01:34 PM
Hello everyone,
could you install piwis on kts 500? If it's possible, please, let me know what version goes with it. Where can I find the software piwis in this case? thank you