PDA

View Full Version : switch from cable to sat

lowrider207
1st September, 2010, 06:18 PM
hi guys am thinking of switching to sat from cable, can you guys help me by telling me what i will need. i have an openmedia box which am using to watch cable channel. ( most of the channel are gone)

EAMO 2
1st September, 2010, 08:12 PM
hi guys am thinking of switching to sat from cable, can you guys help me by telling me what i will need. i have an openmedia box which am using to watch cable channel. ( most of the channel are gone)

You will need to connect your box to Sat. dish.
Change over selector from cable to sat. [power-off box first]
Scan Astra 28.2 to get freeview channels.
If you want to watch Sky Sport etc. ******
Read up Sat-Dreambox in SAT section on this forum

lowrider207
7th September, 2010, 01:16 AM
thanks for the reply eamo

johnyblowhorn
9th September, 2010, 12:11 AM
can anyone tell me if i need normal 75ohm coax cable to connect into this box, i have/had a starview box but today i have fallen victim to the nagra3 and i cant be dealin with welfare tv

cgscott
9th September, 2010, 12:27 AM
can anyone tell me if i need normal 75ohm coax cable to connect into this box, i have/had a starview box but today i have fallen victim to the nagra3 and i cant be dealin with welfare tv

Dont do welfare TV. Pay for it. They only charge max 10 quid a week. Nothing really when you think about it.

johnyblowhorn
9th September, 2010, 12:49 AM
10 quid a week = 40 quid a month ??? are you off your head?

johnyblowhorn
9th September, 2010, 12:52 AM
thats nearly a quarter of my jigger, think of all the cans of heldenbrau super i could buy with that

cgscott
9th September, 2010, 10:43 PM
thats nearly a quarter of my jigger, think of all the cans of heldenbrau super i could buy with that

Whats a Jigger is that another word for Giro (benifit package)?

opsmonkey
13th September, 2010, 12:04 AM

you're taking the p1ss right..?

psats
14th September, 2010, 04:07 PM

tough do without.lol