PDA

View Full Version : Tuned file for Elan SE Turbo 1990

Floyd
2nd September, 2010, 05:55 PM
Hi all,

I have had my car in for a custom remap using emulator after some issues last year when I tried myself with a tune file from my normal tuner.
The peron who's trying to do it this time is using an emulator, however everytime he makes a change, after a short while the engine check light comes on. He's looked at the file for checksum correction area and can't see an area that would allow for checksum correction. He sent the file to the emulator manufacturer and asked their advise regards the software he's using and they didn't have an answer either!

How are Superchips doing this, because it seems to be an odd one?

Anyone have a a Superchip or known good tune file for this car as we are pulling our hair out over this, or some suggestion on the checksum issue?

I have attached the standard read serially using Elanscan.

Thanks

oldford
2nd September, 2010, 06:29 PM
Superchips is using encrypted eproms with a special decryption board. I doubt if one of those is much use.

Floyd
2nd September, 2010, 06:31 PM
Superchips is using encrypted eproms with a special decryption board. I doubt if one of those is much use.

Yes it would be of some use as I can have it decoded.

easytech
2nd September, 2010, 08:22 PM
The checksum is common Delco and very easy!
Edit: I will tell here, Checksum is calculated from adres 0008-7FFF. The value is stored at 0006. Thats it!

Furax
2nd September, 2010, 08:25 PM
Is it possible to copy a superchips eprom?

Floyd
2nd September, 2010, 08:33 PM
The checksum is common Delco and very easy!
Edit: I will tell here, Checksum is calculated from adres 0008-7FFF. The value is stored at 0006. Thats it!

Thanks, I'll pass it on to the person tuning it.

easytech
2nd September, 2010, 08:38 PM
If you can decode the eprom contents then yes. It can be done.

oldford
3rd September, 2010, 10:14 AM
Is it possible to copy a superchips eprom?
Of course you can copy the eprom. Remove it from the protection board and copy it as usual. The only downside is that the copy can only be used with another protection board.

Furax
14th September, 2010, 11:18 AM
Of course you can copy the eprom. Remove it from the protection board and copy it as usual. The only downside is that the copy can only be used with another protection board.

Is there no way to plug the entire board into my reader and copy it in the format the ecu reads... ie one i can burn onto a standard eeprom.

oldford
14th September, 2010, 04:06 PM
No. The board is pretty smart. It detects it's in an eprom reader and will send random meaningless data.

tirlibibi
14th September, 2010, 07:08 PM

No, do not remove it from the protectin board, put the protection board on the Eprom Programmer (must as the same pin number as it is solder on the ecu instead of the ori eprom) and read it, you will have a decoded eprom !

Furax
14th September, 2010, 08:17 PM
If i do that, because its read linearly the chip basically locks out and returns garbage data.

The only way i could see to read it, is to read each address hten power down the eeprom and back up again for the next address. Or read it randomly untill the entire read is done. It doesnt sound to complicated on paper but finding an app that can do such a thing just doesnt seem to exist :(

easytech
16th September, 2010, 06:33 PM
The CS (chip select) signal has to have a valid high to low transition for the copy protectionboard to function. Normal reading with a programmer CS is always Low. Some programmer however do have this good chip select signal. But there is a way to decode it with the garbage read.

Furax
17th September, 2010, 09:35 PM
Care to explain better how i can decode the garbage? :)

easytech
18th September, 2010, 11:10 AM
Is not so easy to explain, you have the ori file?
Then take a close look in binary format not in hex, then you can find out which data is swapped. Also take a good look at the PCB there are some adress and data lines swapped. At the end it becomes difficult. Under some preprogrammed conditions in the little chip on this protectionboard data lines are inverted and swapped again.