PDA

View Full Version : Openbox S9 HD PVR Linux Satellite Box

Pages : [1] 2 3

mhalley
2nd September, 2010, 06:32 PM
Hi All

Just wondering has anyone tried out the Openbox S9 HD PVR Linux Satellite Receiver saw them on ebay for ?125

Manic01
2nd September, 2010, 06:36 PM
same as skybox/solomon etc I believe.

mhalley
2nd September, 2010, 06:39 PM
Never heard of any of those what image are they using

hooley
2nd September, 2010, 07:10 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f11/solomend-hd-pvr-800-a-106420/

tony34567
5th September, 2010, 02:05 AM
hi, I am using this box since last 6 weeks and is working fine for sly uk.... In the begining the box had a rebooting issue , but after change the software it is working fine.

pitman1791
6th September, 2010, 03:02 AM
after owning this box just for two weeks im
selling it:)i think this says a lot.

im new to linux and it is my first linux stb,so i
can not compare whit anything else.

it is my own judgement of Open s9:

PQ is little bit better after the last updates,but
still nowhere near that i expected, on both SD and
HD.
it is keep freezing on premium
channels.pixalization and PQ distortion are also
there.not sure if this a server or the box.

SD PQ is awful comparing to freeview.

connecting via HDMI to telly it is like watching
3D without glasses,so im use component.not sure
again,maybe upcoming updates will fix it?

does not support FTP and Telenet.

nothing at all to play with(usual dreambox things
like images etc.)

altogether i give it 2/5.
2 stars, first-easy to use,second- low price.

pitman1791
6th September, 2010, 03:20 AM
this is last updates

tony1998
10th September, 2010, 06:11 PM
greetings to all! I have just taken and I would download this file to true s9 HD but the administrator says that I cannot... That must I do? Greetings from tony1998.

satsmo
10th September, 2010, 06:22 PM
Nice to post an introduction post first. Along with your welcome email, please read this thread http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f2/new-forums-how-make-your-first-post-couple-other-helpful-tips-30279/

McGvaer
12th September, 2010, 09:33 AM
Anybody test this device with Irdeto card, because now I test and it not work

Data7
12th September, 2010, 09:52 AM
after owning this box just for two weeks im
selling it:)i think this says a lot.

im new to linux and it is my first linux stb,so i
can not compare whit anything else.

it is my own judgement of Open s9:

PQ is little bit better after the last updates,but
still nowhere near that i expected, on both SD and
HD.
it is keep freezing on premium
channels.pixalization and PQ distortion are also
there.not sure if this a server or the box.

SD PQ is awful comparing to freeview.

connecting via HDMI to telly it is like watching
3D without glasses,so im use component.not sure
again,maybe upcoming updates will fix it?

does not support FTP and Telenet.

nothing at all to play with(usual dreambox things
like images etc.)

altogether i give it 2/5.
2 stars, first-easy to use,second- low price.

I have about 20 of these boxes out with ppl. the picture quality you mention is defo your server the picture quality on the servers we use are every bit as good as the dm800. as for not having ftp or telnet why would you need this if all you want to do is watch sly tv. for the price it is unbeatable. not perfect but compared to what is out there is is miles ahead of the compotition.:celticparty:

polo2kilo
12th September, 2010, 10:25 AM
I agree with Data 7 the picture Quality is as good if not better than my V+ HD box. I also have no freezing problems on cccam and newcamd. for $125 you get an HD receiver which preforms very well as a client. Unbeatable in my opinion.

jfish
13th September, 2010, 04:49 PM
is this same as the Skybox, got quoted sample box for $85 and say $15 shipping, comes to ?70 quid

Manic01
13th September, 2010, 05:11 PM
They are all the same openbox/solomond/skybox just some have different firmware.

lucky1313
14th September, 2010, 01:02 PM
Hi anychance of a link or PM with a link ? :) I'm looking for one of these as the cheapest i've found is ?110 inc del

Data7
14th September, 2010, 06:30 PM
is this same as the Skybox, got quoted sample box for $85 and say $15 shipping, comes to ?70 quid

you are dealing direct with china. that is why it is cheap. now if you want to go to the trouble of importing them paying customs ontop of your ?85 then sell them for ?85 and say they have a problem with it and send it back to you to fix or send back to china at your cost then you might know why they are ?100 plus to buy in this country m8.:celticparty:

btuk2003
14th September, 2010, 09:05 PM
Hi

does the Openbox S9 work with N3 ( Vermin )

BTUK2003

nobbystyles
15th September, 2010, 12:55 AM
you are dealing direct with china. that is why it is cheap. now if you want to go to the trouble of importing them paying customs ontop of your ?85 then sell them for ?85 and say they have a problem with it and send it back to you to fix or send back to china at your cost then you might know why they are ?100 plus to buy in this country m8.:celticparty:

It's 85 dollars, not pounds, and he wouldn't pay any customs charges on that amount, the threshold is ?135.

6585liam
15th September, 2010, 08:14 AM
Hi There i am thinking about buying a Skybox S9 HD PVR Wheres the cheapest place to get one from ?? And how do i program it to recieve all the sly Uk channels including the HD Channels ?? im abit new to this lol need abit of help cheers

hooley
15th September, 2010, 11:22 AM
Hi There i am thinking about buying a Skybox S9 HD PVR Wheres the cheapest place to get one from ?? And how do i program it to recieve all the sly Uk channels including the HD Channels ?? im abit new to this lol need abit of help cheers
search button

Manic01
15th September, 2010, 12:26 PM
Its not a cable box, you need to add something to it we can't discuss on here.

ph1l
16th September, 2010, 04:16 PM
hello everyone im new to the forum so be gentle.ive just got the openbox hd but so far i dont rate it as i cant even get the cccam to work ive put the firmware on but cant seem to up load my cfg.file or find any cccam versons installed in the firmware. any help would be good please

hooley
16th September, 2010, 04:32 PM
try this out for your box, it says solomend but its the same as your box. if its still not working try a different usb stick

Guide:

http://filesave.me/file/4533/Solomend-HD-PVR-800-Sharing-Setup--rar.html

ph1l
16th September, 2010, 07:29 PM
hey hooley,im currently downloading word so i can read the doc u posted.ive got the firmware on and clearing ftas but when i put the cccam.cfg file on the usb the same usb i successfully loaded firmware with it say click to update cccam.cfg which i did and it then says updated!! click info for details so when i pressed info which i hadnt done earlier it says no account found any ideas

hooley
16th September, 2010, 09:31 PM
hey hooley,im currently downloading word so i can read the doc u posted.ive got the firmware on and clearing ftas but when i put the cccam.cfg file on the usb the same usb i successfully loaded firmware with it say click to update cccam.cfg which i did and it then says updated!! click info for details so when i pressed info which i hadnt done earlier it says no account found any ideas
i was helping another lad here before, even though he could load the firmware from the usb, it still wouldnt read the cfg for some reason . He changed usb and job done.

satsmo
16th September, 2010, 09:35 PM
Please remember ours rules in relation to CS concerning CCcam etc. Non technical discussion is fine anything else, e.g. cline queries will have to be discussed off site or directed elsewhere.

hooley
16th September, 2010, 09:51 PM
Please remember ours rules in relation to CS concerning CCcam etc. Non technical discussion is fine anything else, e.g. cline queries will have to be discussed off site or directed elsewhere.
apoligies satsmo. @ph1l you have pm

satsmo
16th September, 2010, 09:57 PM
No problem, as per your pre-edited post, I understand that they are one in the same, but the timeline of posts and naming of STBs may confuse peeps if merged.

However you seem like you know this particular box inside and out so if you really want them merged and think it will help I will do so. Just let me know.

ph1l
17th September, 2010, 03:44 AM
sorry satsmo i'll watch what i say,big thanks to hooley and the site anyways for the help ive been pulling my hair out for 3 days on this,will keep u posted as theres not alot of info on these receivers

z11
20th September, 2010, 08:11 AM
was wondering - the post on the openbox s9 hd, the last entries were deleted and my post( & pm) to the guy selling one

hooley
20th September, 2010, 11:29 AM
I presume its because this isnt a buy and sell thread.

z11
20th September, 2010, 11:46 AM
Pm wouldnt fall into that, but thanks for your input anyway.

munna_07
21st September, 2010, 10:30 PM
hi guys, new to this forum so il keeo it short an sweet! a mate of mine has had this box for a couple of months and he says its amazing! true hd quality and does everythin wot dreambox's do.

totomorris
21st September, 2010, 11:17 PM

Hi I am new here and finding the info, expertise and knowledge wery helpful. I had a box of the D2 pursuasion that died on me. So I am looking for a replacement and search t'internet and found this v cool site.
Any hoolooking to replace the old box with new one and found thid thread.
My question is the info on where to buy this receiver, at that price, really avaliableon this website ??

tradics
23rd September, 2010, 08:27 PM
i will test the image now...
the box arrived today...in germany :)

dava
23rd September, 2010, 08:45 PM
hi chaps just got mine today got it all working apart from the reciver wont move my motorised dish set it to usals put my long/lat ect says moving dish but it dont motor is tech2100 got power to it i can see the power light was working yesterday on my openmedia box v strange im at a loss any ideas? tia

opsmonkey
23rd September, 2010, 09:07 PM
hi guys, new to this forum so il keeo it short an sweet! a mate of mine has had this box for a couple of months and he says its amazing! true hd quality and does everythin wot dreambox's do.

then to be honest your mate doesn't know much about dreamboxes.. it wont do the one major thing a dreambox does for a start... its more like a spiderbox

manxspud
23rd September, 2010, 09:18 PM

More than likely got some for sale lol

hypersonic
27th September, 2010, 07:55 PM
hi chaps just got mine today got it all working apart from the reciver wont move my motorised dish set it to usals put my long/lat ect says moving dish but it dont motor is tech2100 got power to it i can see the power light was working yesterday on my openmedia box v strange im at a loss any ideas? tia

you need to go deeper into the Antenna menu - set to diseqc 1.2 then goto > menu > antenna settings > scroll down to motor settings > OK > position settings or limits > OK on position settings & move the motor east or west using the remote. Don't forget to set the motor position number before you save.

the man
27th September, 2010, 08:13 PM
i need this firmware

hi welcome to the site, nice first post,
how are you? where did you hear about our site?

i need to win the lotto

6585liam
28th September, 2010, 07:59 AM
Hi there hopefully some can help me ive got a SkyBox S9 HD PVR and when looking through my channel list the box decides to reboot itself and then turn back on :banghead:.

Can someone please help........

Also every 30 seconds or so the picture crakles and goes sort of pixelated.

Thanks

ams3521
28th September, 2010, 08:25 AM
Try pulling out the lnb feed into the box and it should start up ok.

The problem lies with certain sky hd channels i believe, theres an astra channel list somewhere around the forum, try updating your channel list with that via usb and the box should work fine.

ams3521
28th September, 2010, 08:28 AM
The astra channel list can be found here..theres also a text file in there telling you what to do.
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f11/openbox-s9-158982/#post781342

wong
28th September, 2010, 12:20 PM
its a good box works well easy menus but you need a 20db antena for thouse hd channels on 28 deg:congrats: then works very well.
pm me if you need advice:congrats:

6585liam
29th September, 2010, 09:11 AM
HI there i have the skybox s9 hd pvr and my epg listing isnt working correctley it isnt showing all programs tht are on it just shows blank spaces is this a firmware issue ??

munna_07
29th September, 2010, 10:31 AM
Hi there hopefully some can help me ive got a SkyBox S9 HD PVR and when looking through my channel list the box decides to reboot itself and then turn back on :banghead:.

Can someone please help........

Also every 30 seconds or so the picture crakles and goes sort of pixelated.

Thanks
this problem wll continue until next firmware. make a note of the channel. switch the box off. take lnb antenna out. switch box back on. go to menu = channel list and delete that particular channel (see ur user manual how to do that). reboot the box and problem will be sorted.
by the way iv had my box running for a couple of days now and i must say im really impressed, a lot cheaper than most boxes out there but very good, picture quality is very good. apart from the sky channels and no epg issue it looks good.

6585liam
29th September, 2010, 12:24 PM
when wil the new firmware be out for these boxes ? Does any1 know .

hooley
29th September, 2010, 07:27 PM
HI there i have the skybox s9 hd pvr and my epg listing isnt working correctley it isnt showing all programs tht are on it just shows blank spaces is this a firmware issue ??
You will only get now and next with most providers. S*y Germany give a full epg and a few others.

hooley
29th September, 2010, 07:31 PM
when wil the new firmware be out for these boxes ? Does any1 know .
New firmware attached
1. French HD channels problems
2. CCCAM characters problems
3. Add Hungarian, correct french language

harrybo
30th September, 2010, 12:14 AM
sorry to jump in guys but my head is in bits just got my openbox s9 and its stuck on ON. it doesnt display on the tv or anything. does any one have any ideas. thanks

dorchester
30th September, 2010, 08:18 AM
hi all
harrybo this should solve the problem.
You will need to use this tool, connect a serial lead to the box and follow the instructions.
Hopefully it will bring your box back to life.
its from swansides site so all thanks to him.

hypersonic
30th September, 2010, 11:54 AM
New firmware attached
1. French HD channels problems
2. CCCAM characters problems
3. Add Hungarian, correct french language

Tried this update today ~ Box reboots with sly HD and then every time I change a program (even SD) it reboots ~ managed to revert to august f/w and everything back to normal.

romey
30th September, 2010, 05:18 PM
I'm looking at purchasing the openbox. Does this have the ability to use softcams? If not, is there any way of using the keys required?

I see that one of the firmware updates allows the use of vi@ccess 2.5 but not sure what this actually means. lol

romey
30th September, 2010, 05:36 PM
Tried this update today ~ Box reboots with sly HD and then every time I change a program (even SD) it reboots ~ managed to revert to august f/w and everything back to normal.

Have you tired unplugging it from lnb, turning box on, then deleting some sly channels. Think the sports ones have been mentioned. This should solve rebooting problem.

harrybo
30th September, 2010, 10:55 PM
thanks for the upgrade tool it worked a treat

hooley
1st October, 2010, 06:37 PM
New Firmware 01/10/10

Solve bug with french ORANGE channels on astra 19.2e.
Solve problem with hungarian langage : selectable at First Audio, Second Audio, Subtitle Language and Teletext.

For viewing HD channels CSAT Card SECA
replace.list
X: ((1811) (0100))

If you have a card Csat SECA:
This improves the speed of opening of channels:

edit: link not working. try next post
ignore.list
V: (30) 28 March
S: (17) 00 33
V: 03 (00) 0b

hooley
1st October, 2010, 06:39 PM
NM_HDS2_CMT_1010010611.rar (http://www.mediafire.com/file/5e5g4c4zfq7nd8n/NM_HDS2_CMT_1010010611.rar)
try that link, last one not working

earsapoppin
4th October, 2010, 07:00 AM
does openbox have a 8psk module

hypersonic
4th October, 2010, 09:34 AM
thanks for the upgrade tool it worked a treat

Harrybo m8

Mine is also stuck "on" but when I use the tool I get "wrong file"
any help will be appreciated. Are there any instructions for this fix?

dagenham67
4th October, 2010, 05:51 PM
my box kept locking up with ON displayed on LED every time I attached sat feed then when I unscrewed sat feed box would respond again then I messed about wirh camconf and noticed that c line I had updated was not active only prob I have now is that I tried to enter another c line and comes up with message file not
found

ams3521
5th October, 2010, 12:18 AM
Harrybo m8

Mine is also stuck "on" but when I use the tool I get "wrong file"
any help will be appreciated. Are there any instructions for this fix?

When you have the option to 'browse' for file, make sure you select the correct HDS2 dump you want to use not the default .abs file that comes with the uploader tool.

Its usually the latest firmware release that should be in this forum somehwere.

ams3521
5th October, 2010, 12:20 AM
In fact its in this thread...post 58

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f11/openbox-s9-hd-pvr-linux-satellite-box-158127/index4.html#post789249

loose_cannon26
5th October, 2010, 01:32 PM
I have been using my Openbox S9 for months now and have to say for Sly uk it's fine. 13 and 19 east I would probably not recommend. Picture quality on HD is good. I have found issues with sound on Sony tv's though. A new firmware was released a couple of days ago that is a huge improvement. Just do a search for nm_hds2_cmt_1009270839.abs and you will find it.
I did have rebooting issues two firmwares back but that is now resolved.

loose_cannon26
5th October, 2010, 01:39 PM
I would just like to add I only use CCcam as a receiver, I would use a Ubuntu server or my old DM 7000 for anything else. This is not a hobby box like a Dreambox. It's a turn it on and watch TV sort of affair, it has a clunky interface that does exactly what it says on the tin :)

My final thought is ?100 - ?130 is not a lot to pay (a lot less if you look to Hong Kong) for something this good. Otherwise you could go down the DM800 Clone route. So, do you want to watch TV or tinker. If it's TV, this is a very low cost, well built option.

hypersonic
5th October, 2010, 07:56 PM
thanks to ams3521 for solving my problem.
1 was loading the wrong file.
I used the oct f/w abs file and switched on the S9 just after going for the next button.

Many thanks from hypersonic:congrats:

jagopc
7th October, 2010, 03:03 AM
i have the BUD 10' i am from puerto rico and i have one openbox s9 hd but i dont view this hd channel other channel hd is ok but dont this

please help me

dagenham67
7th October, 2010, 09:48 AM
I am getting driven mad with this can udgrade via usb but everytime attached lnb box reboots cant seem to get null modem to connect any help greatly appreciated

hypersonic
7th October, 2010, 10:34 AM
Try the file Upgrade_PVR800_HD_Tool and the short Tut

dagenham67
7th October, 2010, 10:54 AM
Managed to flash via null modem when trying to add c line states file not found this is added to usbpen worked prior to reflash must have missed out part of process at least I am a bit further on than earlier today

jocaspi
8th October, 2010, 09:17 PM
S9 HD Skybox not connect via Telnet, FTP or network cable RS232 cable comes nullmodem.El ping right.
Help please

Manic01
9th October, 2010, 08:59 AM
It cant FTP or Telnet as it's not open linux.

theboydan
10th October, 2010, 12:51 PM
Hi I have a dm500 and I am looking at changing to a HD box is the openbox a good box? or will I be annoyed by the lack of menu?

Thanks

hooley
10th October, 2010, 02:52 PM
If you want a basic box for watching tv and nothing else its perfect for the price. If you like to tinker a wee bit and want a better epg maybe spend a bit more. The menu is basic because its a basic box that does exactly what it says on the tin.

kingkad
10th October, 2010, 05:56 PM
Has anyone got a channel list for this with the reboot channels removed?

munna_07
11th October, 2010, 12:29 AM
hi guys. i could do with somw help here. all the channels are coming up with the 'scrambled' message. the free channels are ok. at first it used to happen a few times a day, gradually got worse and now not a single channel. my first thought is the server and the subscription. dish seems ok - perfect picture on free channels and internet connection is working fine - typing this message. any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

tony34567
11th October, 2010, 02:31 AM
munna_07,
try to reboot your router by taking out the electric pin then put it back again . hopefully it will sort the problem.

munna_07
11th October, 2010, 03:06 AM
munna_07,
try to reboot your router by taking out the electric pin then put it back again . hopefully it will sort the problem.

i tried this at first but made no difference.

thanks

manxspud
11th October, 2010, 09:07 AM
I,m not a expert on these boxes, however have you a cline to put in the box. Its not a case of set it up and hey presto you open all the channels.

@manx

hooley
11th October, 2010, 11:42 AM
hi guys. i could do with somw help here. all the channels are coming up with the 'scrambled' message. the free channels are ok. at first it used to happen a few times a day, gradually got worse and now not a single channel. my first thought is the server and the subscription. dish seems ok - perfect picture on free channels and internet connection is working fine - typing this message. any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance
Sounds like a server problem if your fta channels are working. Get on to your provider

jocaspi
11th October, 2010, 12:54 PM
What version of Linux uses the Skybox?
As I can connect to the PC?
You can load software. Nfi Dreambox replacing. Abs?
Thanks

munna_07
11th October, 2010, 08:08 PM
i have 4 clines which have been setup. iv been watching it for a few weeks now but recently the problem have occured

viganothing
11th October, 2010, 08:15 PM
What version of Linux uses the Skybox?
As I can connect to the PC?
You can load software. Nfi Dreambox replacing. Abs?
Thanks
Skybox/openbox , does not run on Linux

manxspud
11th October, 2010, 08:25 PM
It runs on a closed linux not open linux.

@manx

sob1467
11th October, 2010, 11:01 PM
It runs on a closed linux not open linux.

@manx

I am not trying to this thread of topic but can you briefly describe whats the difference between open linux and closed linux.

manxspud
12th October, 2010, 10:37 AM
Open source software is software whose source code is published and made available to the public, enabling anyone to copy, modify and redistribute the source code without paying royalties or fees. Open source code evolves through community cooperation. These communities are composed of individual programmers as well as very large companies

Closed is the opposite .... source code not available ect ect

the os for these boxes is basic, does not give the owner much chance to play around. No telnet or ftp , cheap and cheerful hd boxes. Am tempted to get 1 myself.

@manx

munna_07
12th October, 2010, 10:30 PM
excellent explanation mate, thank you

borderfox
13th October, 2010, 09:45 PM
Hi folks. I heard mention of $85/box from China/HK earlier in this thread. Does anyone have a link of a reputable supplier (as i know quality varies depending on who you order off)?

Not sure what the forum rules are (i know, i should check them!) but if its not permissible to post links, maybe someone could pm me the details?

Thanks & Regards,

borderfox

dagenham67
14th October, 2010, 08:50 AM
I managed to sort problem of successfully entering c line. The file was saved as text file rather than Cccamm.cfg file.Once changed to this box read file ok

Martyo
14th October, 2010, 12:24 PM
hi could you point me in the direction of a tut for an openbox.........marty

hooley
14th October, 2010, 07:12 PM
hi could you point me in the direction of a tut for an openbox.........marty
What do you need to know?

munna_07
14th October, 2010, 11:01 PM
New English firmware released today 14 -10-10, it mainly addresse's the following problems, this is the second release that is aimed at correcting the following, as the first one was a beta release.

1. French HD channels
2.CCCAM Characters
3. Add Hungarian, correct French Language

This release correctly addresse's the French HD Issue, and as long as you have access, the channels are now opening.

not my work.

jennifer
15th October, 2010, 12:40 PM
hi guys just a quick question ive backed up my channels by usb stick how do i send them back to the box

dorchester
15th October, 2010, 05:09 PM
use the upgrade by usb option
then i think you select misc files and tick which files you want to update.
Tools > Upgrade by USB > Upgrade Mode: Misc Files > Select and Upgrade > TP_PROG.dbs > Add > Upgrade.

Mr. Mister
15th October, 2010, 07:52 PM
Hi guys..
A friend of mine arrived at my house yesteday with one of these receivers.. and he expects me to get it working for him..

Well. all i can say is what a night-mare.. Firmware update was fine.. no issues there.. then done a scan on 28E as thats all he is interested in.. Thats went fine also..

Got the config file in ok as well.. but ever since then it will not allow me to change channel.. its stuck on sky news.. and each time i try to change channel it just reboots.. It does not matter what button i press.. it just reboots.. Cant even do a factory reset as menu button is just reboot..

Any suggestions on what i can do to cure this problem..

Thanks

romey
15th October, 2010, 08:00 PM
Hi guys..
A friend of mine arrived at my house yesteday with one of these receivers.. and he expects me to get it working for him..

Well. all i can say is what a night-mare.. Firmware update was fine.. no issues there.. then done a scan on 28E as thats all he is interested in.. Thats went fine also..

Got the config file in ok as well.. but ever since then it will not allow me to change channel.. its stuck on sky news.. and each time i try to change channel it just reboots.. It does not matter what button i press.. it just reboots.. Cant even do a factory reset as menu button is just reboot..

Any suggestions on what i can do to cure this problem..

Thanks

Turn satellite receiver off, remove lnb cable. Turn receiver on and delete offending channel. It's normally some sly channels, the sports which cause it to reboot

Mr. Mister
15th October, 2010, 08:11 PM
How do i delete channel please.. ??

hooley
15th October, 2010, 08:15 PM
How do i delete channel please.. ??

Menu- channel list. Delete it from there. You might have to delete a few sly channels

opsmonkey
15th October, 2010, 09:22 PM
alright hooley bud.. any word if this box will have the friends option soon

Mr. Mister
15th October, 2010, 09:43 PM
Thanks for all your help so far guys,..

Just 1 more thing.. and then i am working perfect..

When i go to cccam manager in the menu.. i can see the 2 lines i have added.. but both are showing as offline..

I have restarted the box.. and i know the 2 lines are live..

Any suggestions.. ??

Sorry mods & admin if this is a bit close to breaking the rules as far as lines goes.. please remove if i am out of order..

Thanks..

ams3521
15th October, 2010, 10:12 PM
Make sure the wee tick boxes next to the c lines are ticked.

hooley
15th October, 2010, 10:13 PM
Thanks for all your help so far guys,..

Just 1 more thing.. and then i am working perfect..

When i go to cccam manager in the menu.. i can see the 2 lines i have added.. but both are showing as offline..

I have restarted the box.. and i know the 2 lines are live..

Any suggestions.. ??

Sorry mods & admin if this is a bit close to breaking the rules as far as lines goes.. please remove if i am out of order..

Thanks..
Did you turn dhcp on?

hooley
15th October, 2010, 10:14 PM
alright hooley bud.. any word if this box will have the friends option soon
Nowt that I've heard so far man.

Mr. Mister
15th October, 2010, 10:18 PM
Hi guys.. Thanks again..

I love my Vu`s compared to this open box.. lol

DHCP is on.. and also.. both lines are also ticked.. and still no joy..

Anything else i can try.. ??

hooley
15th October, 2010, 10:29 PM
Hi guys.. Thanks again..

I love my Vu`s compared to this open box.. lol

DHCP is on.. and also.. both lines are also ticked.. and still no joy..

Anything else i can try.. ??
Not a lot more you can do bud. You havent another box on at the same time and they are both using the same things?
Ive been caught out a few times with that.

Mr. Mister
15th October, 2010, 10:50 PM
No buddy.. i just wrote the lines myself from my 2 Vu`s So all is ok there.. I just cant understand why they are showing offline..
I following the tutorial to the letter.. and am really baffled..

hooley
15th October, 2010, 10:56 PM
No buddy.. i just wrote the lines myself from my 2 Vu`s So all is ok there.. I just cant understand why they are showing offline..
I following the tutorial to the letter.. and am really baffled..
Which firmware have you loaded?

Mr. Mister
15th October, 2010, 10:57 PM
Just a thought guys,,

Should there be anything in the constant.cw ..??

Mr. Mister
15th October, 2010, 10:58 PM
The latest one just released the last day or 2..

Which firmware have you loaded?

satsmo
15th October, 2010, 11:00 PM
Gents keep the c:line posts down a bit please.

hooley
15th October, 2010, 11:06 PM
The latest one just released the last day or 2..
try this one
NM_HDS2_CMT_1010010611.rar (http://www.mediafire.com/?5e5g4c4zfq7nd8n)

Mr. Mister
16th October, 2010, 12:07 AM
try this one
NM_HDS2_CMT_1010010611.rar (http://www.mediafire.com/?5e5g4c4zfq7nd8n)

thanks buddy.. that worked a treat,., thanks so much

hooley
16th October, 2010, 12:48 AM
thanks buddy.. that worked a treat,., thanks so much
Happy days. Enjoy

pooluop
16th October, 2010, 01:31 AM
my box is the same the box decides to reboot itself and then turn back on.do not now.

hooley
16th October, 2010, 12:57 PM
my box is the same the box decides to reboot itself and then turn back on.do not now.
Need a bit more info than that. Is it rebooting when your changing a certain channels e.g Sly sport ones.
At what point is it rebooting?

Mr. Mister
16th October, 2010, 01:34 PM
Hi guys..
Just noticed a wee glitch today..

Should the remote be going into sleep mode.. when its not in use for 15 mins.. ??
The only way i can wake it up is to reboot the box manually with the buttons on the front..

Anyone else had this problem..??

also.. any EPG available for 28E..?? if yes.. how do i install it.. ??

Thanks

hooley
16th October, 2010, 03:54 PM
Hi guys..
Just noticed a wee glitch today..

Should the remote be going into sleep mode.. when its not in use for 15 mins.. ??
The only way i can wake it up is to reboot the box manually with the buttons on the front..

Anyone else had this problem..??

also.. any EPG available for 28E..?? if yes.. how do i install it.. ??

Thanks

Never had the remote problem. Epg is now and next only I'm afraid.

sombel
16th October, 2010, 04:22 PM
Hi evrybody

I just wanna to buy an openbox S9 in this site based in china ( i don't know if i can trust them)
Dreambox DM500C Digaital cable receiver (http://www.sat-multimedia-onlineshop.com/OPENBOX%20S9%20HD%20PVR.html)
prices: 170$ DHL freight included

By the same way i hesitate to buy a dreambox 800HD clone ( 350$ for the clone in morocco)

I need your help for doing the good choice and i am waiting yours advices.

Where can i buy the openbox S9 ?

hooley
16th October, 2010, 05:01 PM
Hi evrybody

I just wanna to buy an openbox S9 in this site based in china ( i don't know if i can trust them)
Dreambox DM500C Digaital cable receiver (http://www.sat-multimedia-onlineshop.com/OPENBOX%20S9%20HD%20PVR.html)
prices: 170$ DHL freight included

By the same way i hesitate to buy a dreambox 800HD clone ( 350$ for the clone in morocco)

I need your help for doing the good choice and i am waiting yours advices.

Where can i buy the openbox S9 ?
Ours advices is to use google

jjaco71
16th October, 2010, 06:28 PM
hello all I question whether there is any way to the hd channels sky de, d +, sky uk work in cccam :hmmmm2:

ams3521
17th October, 2010, 12:49 PM
I bought mine from Maxsat, same price as above inc free delivery, the only charge i had to pay was ?3 paypal charges. The box arrived within a couple of days.

satfans
18th October, 2010, 04:20 PM
my god !!
long time not go there,
i have openbox s9 and dreambox800hd ,
1.it's same support HDTV and MPEG-4 DVB-S2 Ccam cardsharing ETC.Dreambox800hd turner only support SR max 43M,openbox support SR 45M
2. Openbox have some basic function, like support HDD REC,play Video from HDD etc
3.Dreambox800hd have good software and plug support, openbox not have it
4.for price, openbox is winner,i buy 10pcs openbox from (500s.us) only $980 usd,
5, if you are a installer,you can choose openbox, if you are a TVRO,you can choose dreambox800hd, it's can play well

6585liam
19th October, 2010, 08:31 AM
Hi the does any1 know how to upload a new Sky Uk channel list to these boxes. My Channel List have messed up :hmmmm2:

romey
20th October, 2010, 11:55 AM
Hi the does any1 know how to upload a new Sky Uk channel list to these boxes. My Channel List have messed up :hmmmm2:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f11/openbox-s9-158982/#post781342

opsmonkey
20th October, 2010, 12:07 PM
hello all I question whether there is any way to the hd channels sky de, d +, sky uk work in cccam :hmmmm2:

CAN YOU NOT READ MATE..?? We don't have many rules..

Gents keep the c:line posts down a bit please.

romey
20th October, 2010, 12:11 PM
Well I've read up a bit on the box but still haven't found out if this box can accept keys?

My second option is a DM800 which I know does quite a bit more, but at twice the cost. Thanks

munna_07
20th October, 2010, 11:52 PM
latest firmware.

1. Solve France HD channels cann't be played well
a. upgrade the firmware.
b. edit the replace.list like this:
X: { { 1811 } { 0100 } }
c. update the replace.list by mgcamd
2. Add hungarian ,correct french and russian language
3. solve the cccam's short characters problems, add from 17 to 32
4.Add much more CCCAM accounts,it can support 9 at most
5 Add NEWCAMD Server Setting,it can be taken as server

not my work but enjoy

the man
22nd October, 2010, 12:14 AM
Hi All

Just wondering has anyone tried out the Openbox S9 HD PVR Linux Satellite Receiver saw them on ebay for ?125

can get one for ?77ish total , guy who have used one what do you think about the box?

opsmonkey
22nd October, 2010, 12:50 AM
Once it gets a CCcam server option this will be the hottest ticket in town

sombel
22nd October, 2010, 09:02 AM
hello

I have just seen an offical spainish distributor of the openbox S9.
We don't need to oder till china now .
The price is 99 euro or ?87

OpenBox Top Deco HD (http://www.openboxspain.com/index.html)

ENJOY

sombel
22nd October, 2010, 11:49 AM
very goods prices the postage is include in the price
overhall you will pay 87? = receiver + include postage

the man
22nd October, 2010, 02:53 PM
not fussed about the server thing tbh , my intrested if its oing to have a good epg .

z11
22nd October, 2010, 03:55 PM
Guys,
Just got one - loaded the new firmware (20/10/10) from usb, then the sept fav channel list, but reviever just keeps saying `boot` and wont start fully up.
Tried the serial tool upgrade but just comes back with "set stb memory error"
Can anyone help?
Thanks

z11
22nd October, 2010, 11:52 PM
After being off and disconnected for a few hours there it has come on. The channel list- can that be loaded from usb( *.abs files option)?
Are there any channel lists on here edited for most sats?
Thanks

z11
24th October, 2010, 12:51 AM
Got channel list etc loaded, rec ran fine for a while then started rebooting, then stopped at on again. Tried the serial loader but getting same error as above again.
Can anyone help?
Thanks

romey
24th October, 2010, 12:56 AM
Got channel list etc loaded, rec ran fine for a while then started rebooting, then stopped at on again. Tried the serial loader but getting same error as above again.
Can anyone help?
Thanks

STB memory error is to do with the image your flashing over. You might have to try a different dump.

hypersonic
24th October, 2010, 10:28 AM
Can anyone help?
Thanks

Try the tool & helpfile on the Openbox S9 thread by adeobolo further down this section of DK.

z11
24th October, 2010, 01:04 PM
Was gonna try that and tick the bootloader option as when it crashes it says `boot` and tries for a time to start freezes then only shows `on` (with the lnb unpluged) then after being off for a while will start, but i still cant get the prog to connect to the box(serial settings are ok and its the lead i used fro my Tm1500 &5400).

tikjda
24th October, 2010, 02:14 PM
please
can someone tell us how to configure a newcamd as serveur ?
you know the only problem of this box is the server! Please tell us how to do that ?
thank you !

Dreamer
25th October, 2010, 03:41 PM
please
can someone tell us how to configure a newcamd as serveur ?
you know the only problem of this box is the server! Please tell us how to do that ?
thank you !

It is against the rules to discuss cardsharing on the forum..

terrorman
26th October, 2010, 08:55 AM
hello

I have just seen an offical spainish distributor of the openbox S9.
We don't need to oder till china now .
The price is 99 euro or ?87

OpenBox Top Deco HD (http://www.openboxspain.com/index.html)

ENJOY

beware of this shop, this web is dangerous

suranjith
27th October, 2010, 08:12 AM
hi dear friends,

any one have open box s9 user manuals? can you upload this manual

thank you

maxsuma
28th October, 2010, 02:19 AM
ibeen using linux seens 2004 i never ever seen this shxxxxt box it dozent connect internet most of time if you modify your router this shxxxt box dozent see also pictures rubbish very very crap on my lg 3d tv look likes snowing

dont buy this crap guy waste of money pay some extra get medialink 9700 or something else fake dreambox 800 or spider 7000

61center
28th October, 2010, 09:35 AM
skysports 2sd and 4sd are the only channels on 28astra that make the box reboot with the latest firmware (20-10) i organized the hd channels on 28east and 7east and still working on the other sats. you can get the firmware from my website google 61center and go to the download section.

hypersonic
28th October, 2010, 10:53 AM
ibeen using linux seens 2004 i never ever seen this shxxxxt box it dozent connect internet most of time if you modify your router this shxxxt box dozent see also pictures rubbish very very crap on my lg 3d tv look likes snowing

dont buy this crap guy waste of money pay some extra get medialink 9700 or something else fake dreambox 800 or spider 7000
S9 works fine for me!:wavey: maybe you should bin your lg 3d tv

terrorman
28th October, 2010, 03:37 PM
Nagra3 NewCamd Server not work

Config RSA KO
Config BoxKey KO
Config Mhz Card KO

This is going to solve?

you know something?

z11
28th October, 2010, 07:46 PM
Guys i loaded the firmware 20/10/10, scanned channels(24 sat list tried also & replace list file), but 19.2`E keeps loosing the code, if i switch to 28.2`E it is off also, restart rec and 28.2 E will stay on, but switch to 19.2` and channels loose coding.
just repluged in my eagle box with same lines and its perfect. There seems to be some glitch with 19.2E and dropping the code/lines.

joebrincat14
29th October, 2010, 11:29 AM
I just bought an openbox s9 and was wondering if anyone knows where can I download a preset channel list for 13E 19.2E and 26E as these are the sats I can get with my fixed dish.

Thanks for any help.

z11
29th October, 2010, 12:11 PM
I just bought an openbox s9 and was wondering if anyone knows where can I download a preset channel list for 13E 19.2E and 26E as these are the sats I can get with my fixed dish.

Thanks for any help.

Try this one - its 24 sats, seems quite good/stable, go into settings and turn motor off for all sats.

z11
29th October, 2010, 12:26 PM
Guys i loaded the firmware 20/10/10, scanned channels(24 sat list tried also & replace list file), but 19.2`E keeps loosing the code, if i switch to 28.2`E it is off also, restart rec and 28.2 E will stay on, but switch to 19.2` and channels loose coding.
just repluged in my eagle box with same lines and its perfect. There seems to be some glitch with 19.2E and dropping the code/lines.

Ok- this seems to help a lot, if not solve the prob -
Factory reset, then firmware 20/10/10, then 24 sat ch list 1.40, the replace list file, last the clines.
The box seems to need a factory reset before new firmware etc.

.: JaCkPoT :.
30th October, 2010, 01:44 AM
box looks hit and miss to me

z11
30th October, 2010, 01:12 PM
Prob no different i hope to a lot of other boxes when they came out- i think AZ/spider/Tm3000/plus others had glitches with early firmware.
The last sequence i posted with firmware 20/10/10 seems perfectly stable now.

the man
30th October, 2010, 04:34 PM
Prob no different i hope to a lot of other boxes when they came out- i think AZ/spider/Tm3000/plus others had glitches with early firmware.
The last sequence i posted with firmware 20/10/10 seems perfectly stable now.

do you get a buzzing sound when the box is in standby?

z11
30th October, 2010, 05:34 PM
No my box does not hum in standby.
still some probs on 19.2 back again, but not as frequent.

the man
30th October, 2010, 07:13 PM
No my box does not hum in standby.
still some probs on 19.2 back again, but not as frequent.

thanks , if anyone knows why it buzz's in standby pleases let me know, could it be cos iv only got a shaver 1amp adapter?

the pics tops , get some sound pops when changing some channels as-well (any help)?

munna_07
30th October, 2010, 08:48 PM
ye iv noticed some popping sounds when changing channels aswell.

buzzbomb
31st October, 2010, 08:48 PM
Had my Openbox S9 for just over a week now and overall very happy with it. Good SD/HD picture quality, easy menu, quick scan, good PVR and great price for what u get. Only problem I've had other than the well documented freezing on certain sport channels is that since I loaded my config file the OSD when pressing the info button lasts less than a second and u cannot toggle it onto the other 2 info screens. Have altered the OSD setting to max (10 secs) but it makes no difference. Anyone else experienced this.?

buzzbomb
1st November, 2010, 07:02 PM
OK cancel that last post. OSD now back to normal. Suspect it was the complete de-powering last night that solved the problem but will no know for certain until it happens again and I try de-powering again.

the man
1st November, 2010, 07:31 PM
anyone getting a buzzing sound when the box is in standby?
get your head close to the box guys, i have really good hearing I'm wanting to know if its the same on all box's or if i have a bad one , i also get the popping sound Thu the TV when changing Ch's

z11
2nd November, 2010, 07:16 AM
Mine is ok - no buzzing or popping- sounds like a faulty psu.

z11
2nd November, 2010, 08:08 AM
Ok- this seems to help a lot, if not solve the prob -
Factory reset, then firmware 20/10/10, then 24 sat ch list 1.40, the replace list file, last the clines.
The box seems to need a factory reset before new firmware etc.

Ok still happening on 19.2, some new thoughts;
Since it doesnt happen with my eagle(dm500)box with same lines and setup plus others here are not having the prob, looks like it could be a glitch with certain routers-mine is a safecom- prob a lot of clones for these.

the man
2nd November, 2010, 01:37 PM
Mine is ok - no buzzing or popping- sounds like a faulty psu.

thats what im thinking can it be the adapter iv only got a 1amp shaver/toothbrush one do I need a good travel adapter?
i dont know a lot about that sort of things,

z11
2nd November, 2010, 03:26 PM
thats what im thinking can it be the adapter iv only got a 1amp shaver/toothbrush one do I need a good travel adapter?
i dont know a lot about that sort of things,

You could try a 3 amp adaptor to see but still think could be a faulty component or connection in the psu.

ste03
2nd November, 2010, 05:27 PM
yehh i get the buzzing noise when on standby mate

sting200
2nd November, 2010, 05:31 PM
I have sting200 receiver that has active account with NuevoXtream sharing.
I wonder if someone can help me with configuring Openbox S9 to use it with NuevoXtream account.

kapetanios
2nd November, 2010, 09:12 PM
hi guys
i say hello to everyone
i just got a s9 but i have the problem with the cfg. file i the box dont recocnize it at says file not found.i flashed with the last file i tryied another usb stick but nothing any ideas whats the problem.thank you.can i put the ***** without usb stick and how to thanks

ams3521
2nd November, 2010, 11:19 PM
yes you can, you will find the menu you want in 'Network local settings' off the main menu.
I'm suprised the box doesn't recongise it through usb, might be a long shot but try formatting it to fat32.

sting200
3rd November, 2010, 05:21 AM
yes you can, you will find the menu you want in 'Network local settings' off the main menu.
I'm suprised the box doesn't recongise it through usb, might be a long shot but try formatting it to fat32.

In the network local setting menu, this is what appears

DHCP ON/OFF
IP address
subnet mask
gateway
DNS
DNS Secondary
Apply

I do not know where to enter NuevoXtream info
Appreciate your help

belateh
3rd November, 2010, 07:13 PM
hello, is this receiver working good with sharing - Cccam?

satsmo
3rd November, 2010, 07:18 PM
Welcome to the forum. Yes as said throughout the thread it works as to how well look at other user posts .

Regards discussions on CS please take a look at our rules http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f5/forum-rules-2/ after that why not say hello here Introduce Yourself (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f2/)

suranjith
4th November, 2010, 12:59 PM
dear members ,

any one have s9 user manual pdf,

yuyu88
5th November, 2010, 08:35 AM
hi guys
i say hello to everyone
i just got a s9 but i have the problem with the cfg. file i the box dont recocnize it at says file not found.i flashed with the last file i tryied another usb stick but nothing any ideas whats the problem.thank you.can i put the ***** without usb stick and how to thanks

Bro,do you solve your problem now?I am also facing the same problem,I formatted the usb stick but the box also cann't read it and I try to enter the ...... using remote control also failed....thnx:boring:

yuyu88
5th November, 2010, 03:20 PM
Hi,you can download the opebox s9 user manual from here:thefinger:

DreamBox, Digital satellite receiver manufacturer. (http://www.crown-sat.com/download.htm)

neil.o
5th November, 2010, 04:33 PM
i used 4gb usb stick with openbox and i only got 1 n half hours recording. is this about right...by the way i looooooove this box .excellent hd pic. seen 16 gb usb for ?12 will this give me 6 hours. thanks

rtp2000
7th November, 2010, 06:49 PM
Hi all
i have a question that i hope someone can answer.
I have a openbox and i like it verry much.
The only problem i have, is that i have to manual put Danish Subtitles on after a channel change?. i also have tried to put different firmwares on, in order to changes the osd languages to danish. On the openbox in the menu point Language it is not possible to chose Danish under subtitles ???? :dontknow::dontknow:
I would appropriate all help i can get out here.
Regards rtp2000

Blagg3r
7th November, 2010, 07:50 PM
Hi guys,

Both my dad and myself have had open box's for a few months now and they were really easy to set up, Picture quality is very good on hd channels, no problems with rebooting and the box is quiet and cool.. Have had to rescan to get back a few sky channels (fx+, bbc4) but other than that its been great.

I have one minor annoying sound issue that im wondering if anyone else has had... On some HD movies i get a cracking sound that im thinking is due to my setup not being 5.1 and stereo..Anyone else get this problem or no a fix?

the man
7th November, 2010, 10:54 PM
Hi guys,

Both my dad and myself have had open box's for a few months now and they were really easy to set up, Picture quality is very good on hd channels, no problems with rebooting and the box is quiet and cool.. Have had to rescan to get back a few sky channels (fx+, bbc4) but other than that its been great.

I have one minor annoying sound issue that im wondering if anyone else has had... On some HD movies i get a cracking sound that im thinking is due to my setup not being 5.1 and stereo..Anyone else get this problem or no a fix?

had bad sound poping on the lg tv , tryed it on a samsung new tv it was fine.

Blagg3r
8th November, 2010, 01:25 PM
Umm hope its not as serious as that as ive only had my 42Inch tv a few months and im not really prepeared to change it.. ill try putting my portable on downstairs to see if it works.. Thanks for the help :)

the man
8th November, 2010, 02:53 PM
Umm hope its not as serious as that as ive only had my 42Inch tv a few months and im not really prepeared to change it.. ill try putting my portable on downstairs to see if it works.. Thanks for the help :)

i tested both tvs with the hmdi mate, if your tvs new then there may be a update sortwhere for the tv?

also if you get colse to the box does when its in standby is the a buzzing sound from the box?

hooley
9th November, 2010, 02:22 AM
New firmware released. There was no note with it, so i dont know what it improves.
Edit: It mainly improve the followings:

1. improve France HD channels playing problem again

2. Correct Russian

3 .Optimize the server

4. Optimize the reading smar card function

5. adds much more europe satellites and so on

Stolen from elsewhere, it will give you idea anyways

opsmonkey
9th November, 2010, 02:27 AM
lol.. each time you post in here i hope its to say CCcam server now available.... you keep letting me down ;)

the man
9th November, 2010, 03:59 AM
New firmware released. There was no note with it, so i dont know what it improves.

where did you get that from buddy? cant find a openbox websit ect

hooley
9th November, 2010, 03:21 PM
lol.. each time you post in here i hope its to say CCcam server now available.... you keep letting me down ;)

That's why I didn't give info, didn't want to dissapoint you. Lol
there dosent seem to be cccam server yet.:motz:

buzzbomb
9th November, 2010, 08:51 PM
Quick question guys. If I load the new software will I lose my channel lists and CCcam setiings?

hooley
9th November, 2010, 09:45 PM
Yes you will, just save your channel list with the dump feature and your cccam settings onto a usb stick, then load the new firmware and put the other stuff back on after.

kapetanios
11th November, 2010, 06:43 PM
hi guys anyone knows how the newcamd works the settings etc.

Kjc197
11th November, 2010, 09:07 PM
Hello all,

Can anyone comment for this box if the epg works for uk sky tv for 7 days, or is it just now and next?

Thanks and regards
Kris

hooley
11th November, 2010, 09:56 PM
Now and next only for sly uk

Kjc197
11th November, 2010, 10:38 PM
Thanks Hooley,

Is there anything else on the market of a similar price that will record externally, and has a more full EPG? Not worried about all the cam stuff, just view and record Sly uk, preferably with hd support as well?

the man
11th November, 2010, 10:41 PM
Now and next only for sly uk

is the box capable of a good epg but the softwares not at the moment ?

hooley
12th November, 2010, 10:48 AM
is the box capable of a good epg but the softwares not at the moment ?

I've read elsewhere that it's on their to do list, if it happens that's another thing. Most of these closed source boxes only have now and next, spiderbox, protek etc... If you want 7 day epg you will have to go down the dreambox, vu duo route.

hooley
12th November, 2010, 10:51 AM
Thanks Hooley,

Is there anything else on the market of a similar price that will record externally, and has a more full EPG? Not worried about all the cam stuff, just view and record Sly uk, preferably with hd support as well?

I'd say your best bet is a dm800 clone. They are a bit dearer but they will do everything your looking for

wfy87
13th November, 2010, 07:56 AM
I'd say your best bet is a dm800 clone. They are a bit dearer but they will do everything your looking for
i have been using dm800 hd pvr clone for almost a year and i have set up a few openbox for my friends and frankly speaking openbox is nowhere near dm800.

Kjc197
13th November, 2010, 08:47 AM
Thanks wfy. Is there any recommendation as to where to get these, apart from googling dm800 clone? These appear to be a lot more expemsive than openbox, and I would really like to keep the costs down.

z11
13th November, 2010, 10:58 AM
I think i saw them for about ?180.

hooley
13th November, 2010, 11:22 AM
Thanks wfy. Is there any recommendation as to where to get these, apart from googling dm800 clone? These appear to be a lot more expemsive than openbox, and I would really like to keep the costs down.

Ukdreamboxshop seems to have a good reputation from people on
here,satfooldeals also. You could
purchase directly from china but if something goes wrong you will have the expense of sending it back. Some people will probably come on now and say they never have a problem.There are plenty of threads about where to purchase a dm800, just have a search.
I know you want to keep costs down but if you want the 7 day epg and a lot more features you should spend the bit extra and get the dm800. This is going way off thread, have a search as I said, loads of info on this site

wfy87
13th November, 2010, 07:11 PM
the price down here is almost the same as in uk - about 150 to 160 pound. i have the experience of buying the goods from china but then if anything goes wrong, you have all the troubles to send it back to china.

for openbox the price here is almost half of that dreambox. i bought one for just rm400 or about 80 pound.

braco70
13th November, 2010, 07:43 PM
Hello http://cardsharing-x.com/Smileys/default/5.gif
All the time my receiver to boot and reboot when I switch the channel NTV Hayat, who is on Eutelsat 2 16 degrees. What needs to be done that it would not be happening, that could've seen this channel?
I have NM_HDS2_CMT_1010200755

hooley
13th November, 2010, 08:18 PM
Your best bet is to power off the box, remove the lead going from the dish to your box, then delete the channel that is causing the problem. Plug the lead back into the box and power up again.

braco70
13th November, 2010, 09:23 PM
but, if you rest tita on the channel?:hmmmm2:

hooley
13th November, 2010, 09:25 PM
but, if you rest tita on the channel?:hmmmm2:
Sorry man, i dont understand you there

braco70
13th November, 2010, 10:21 PM
but if I want to look at the channel?

hooley
13th November, 2010, 10:33 PM
but if I want to look at the channel?

Do you get the same channel twice when you scan? With some channels you get a few copies of the same channel. With sly uk some of the sports channels caused a reboot so you had to delete the channels that were causing a reboot, but you would have a few versions of the same channel. I don't know does that make sense.

braco70
13th November, 2010, 10:43 PM
no, I have only one channel and it always happens when the chase to watch the channel

hooley
13th November, 2010, 10:48 PM
no, I have only one channel and it always happens when the chase to watch the channel

I don't think there is anything you can do then unfortunately. Edit: try a newer firmware, that might help. I can't link now, I'm on my phone. A new firmware came out in the last few days.

braco70
13th November, 2010, 11:07 PM
I have already tried it, but it's the same thing

hooley
13th November, 2010, 11:36 PM
New Official Firmware Released [HDS2-10-11-08:1100CMT]

What's New:
1 .. Sat List contains a number of additional satellites.
2 .. CA Slot Settings additional feature included 'Edit Smartcard Config' which seems to be for Irdeto based cards.
3 .. When entering Hex values in Key sections, the symbols are no longer recognised.
An example of this would be:
Enter 1 and only 1 is displayed, Enter 2 and you still get the option of a b c 2, as the letters a-f are included in Hex values.
The following numbers 0 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 will enter directly, making it much easier, and quicker to directly enter any Hex keys.

And entering BISS Keys will still achieve nothing, which is a shame.

Code:
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: NM_HDS2_CMT_1011081100.rar (http://hotfile.com/dl/82186309/e9c284a/NM_HDS2_CMT_)

markb28
14th November, 2010, 02:02 AM
Had an Openbox for a few weeks now...I'm using it against UK sats only.

Pros

For the ?75 shipped, my box is running cccam like a dream (client) and very easy to setup. All HD channels work properly unlike many dreambox 800 clones, good pic and sound, fast boot up, doesn't get hot and runs silent. Basic recordings work well. channel browsing is quick. Stable performance and decent remote. Also an on/off and navigation buttons on the box that is useful when you mislay your remote. Would be good to supply to non tech people.

Cons

It's quite big
Looks cheap
Lack of EPG really reduces recording functionality
Lack of internal HDD
Menus are basic
No add ons
Organising favorites and channel lists is painfully slow and cumbersome

As the dm800 I have glitches on too many important hd channels (Sky sports HD1 and ESPN HD among them), it is now in my bedroom.

However I would definately recommend an Openbox instead of a 500s - its only about 20 quid more and does the basics really well.

pauluz233
14th November, 2010, 09:44 AM
hi i'm new with this but my skybox has a reboot isseu also for 3 days it was ok but it was getting worse and worse i'll hope new software works?

z11
15th November, 2010, 09:08 AM
Ok still happening on 19.2, some new thoughts;
Since it doesnt happen with my eagle(dm500)box with same lines and setup plus others here are not having the prob, looks like it could be a glitch with certain routers-mine is a safecom- prob a lot of clones for these.

Ok update- router proved to be ok, what i think now is that the box is more sensitive to the strength/quality/number of users on the server with the clines provided than other boxes (ie my eagle), when it logged in on quieter periods it worked perfect, so good quality clines and there should be no probs im thinking.

fabmazz74
15th November, 2010, 12:21 PM
Hi peeps have had the the box 4 4 days so im new 2 it.When it glilches does anybodys say Scrambled then comes back after a few secs or is it my box??????

hooley
15th November, 2010, 01:26 PM
Hi peeps have had the the box 4 4 days so im new 2 it.When it glilches does anybodys say Scrambled then comes back after a few secs or is it my box??????

It will glitch if the server you are using is overloaded.

fabmazz74
15th November, 2010, 03:14 PM
Hi my box keeps booting out on most off the sats 13,1w what could be up?

braco70
15th November, 2010, 04:27 PM
Hi pauluz233
"hi i'm new with this but my skybox has a reboot isseu also for 3 days it was ok but it was getting worse and worse i'll hope new software works?"

Did you get any help because I have the same problem????

DPD
16th November, 2010, 08:01 PM
anyone got an updated channel list for the new firmware

DjWilson
18th November, 2010, 01:04 PM
Hello everyone,

I have an openbox S9,how can i input my my account datas into this receiver?

hooley
18th November, 2010, 02:03 PM
Have a read through this thread and you will find your answer.

kongarne
18th November, 2010, 09:45 PM
Hi

i'm new here, i just ordered a openbox after reading about here, very nice price for a HD box,had to try!

i have/are using (relook)ipbox now...(200/250/400/9000)

i realy look forward to see picture quality on this box!

buzzbomb
19th November, 2010, 03:29 PM
Hi can anyone say if they are clearing s*y germany HD and C+ French HD on ASTRA 19 east with their Openbox S9. I have loaded the latest firmware 10 11 08 thinking that would solve the problem but still no luck. All other HD channels that should be clearing are ok.!!!!!

opsmonkey
19th November, 2010, 06:38 PM
it'll be down to the server you are connected to...

buzzbomb
19th November, 2010, 06:48 PM
that was my first thought opsmonkey but I am on a very stable server and it has been confirmed by other server members that these HD channels are opening ok.

opsmonkey
19th November, 2010, 07:01 PM
are you running the latest firmware..??

found this on another site ;)

replace.list for openbox S9 - Solves Sky DE and Canal+ FR HD issues

Click Menu ->
Network Local Settings ->
MGCamd Plug Settings ->
Update Files by USB-> replace.list [MGCamd Plug]

Now click either the OK or Green button to select
replace.list and place a check mark next to it, once the check mark or tick is visable
click the Yellow button to upload.

You can then if you wish, check to see if the replace list has been correctly added, by
clicking Manage Config Files and clicking on replace.list

If all went well, you will see the

following lines
X: {{ 1833 } { 1702 }}
X: {{ 1811 } { 0100 }}

hooley
19th November, 2010, 09:03 PM
are you running the latest firmware..??

found this on another site ;)

replace.list for openbox S9 - Solves Sky DE and Canal+ FR HD issues

Click Menu ->
Network Local Settings ->
MGCamd Plug Settings ->
Update Files by USB-> replace.list [MGCamd Plug]

Now click either the OK or Green button to select
replace.list and place a check mark next to it, once the check mark or tick is visable
click the Yellow button to upload.

You can then if you wish, check to see if the replace list has been correctly added, by
clicking Manage Config Files and clicking on replace.list

If all went well, you will see the

following lines
X: {{ 1833 } { 1702 }}
X: {{ 1811 } { 0100 }}
I could never get that to work, I could see those X lines but sky de hd channels wont open for me either and they are fine on my Vu+.

buzzbomb
19th November, 2010, 09:18 PM
Thanks guys for the replies. Have the latest firmware installed Opsmonkey Will try adding the replace list file and see what happens. Am I correct in assuming I can input the file on its own and it will not affect any of the other settings /files etc

Hooley are u opening the french HD channels?

hooley
20th November, 2010, 01:35 AM
I'm not clearing fr HD on 19 either

danyperry571
20th November, 2010, 10:44 AM
hi guys is there any way of updating the epg guide to 7 days yet

hooley
20th November, 2010, 11:20 AM
hi guys is there any way of updating the epg guide to 7 days yet

No, and I doubt there will be either.

z11
20th November, 2010, 11:25 AM
Correct me if im wrong - hadnt checked in a few days but i thought both those HD channels were opening for me before- not now.

buzzbomb
20th November, 2010, 11:32 AM
Hi guys just an update on the replace list solution. Loaded it this morning and the first s*y sport hd channel I went to did not open. Read on another forum I should try toggleing between the SD and HD channels but that did nothing either. Then moved to another s*y sport HD channel and bingo it opened. Tried some of the french channels and they were open too. Zapping thro the list I find that some open while others dont. Will use Lyngsat to do an exact check on what opens and what doesn't and let u know how I get on

danyperry571
20th November, 2010, 11:54 AM
is there any box that does 7 day epg

z11
20th November, 2010, 12:10 PM
I'm not clearing fr HD on 19 either

Hadnt looked in a few days but i thought both those countrys hd channels were opening before?

hooley
20th November, 2010, 12:33 PM
Hadnt looked in a few days but i thought both those countrys hd channels were opening before?

Could be my server, maybe I don't get HD on the fr channels. I know that I get HD on the de channels but they won't work on my openbox. I'll check later on my vu. Edit: some of the fr HD channels are clearing on my openbox

buzzbomb
20th November, 2010, 12:35 PM
OK this is what I am now getting
German HD 10773 H all clearing
11023 H all clearing
11914 H all clearing
12382 H ESPN clearing

French HD 11778 V ok
12012V family and cinema HD not clearing
12207V Nat Geo HD not clearing
12581V Arte and 13Eme not clearing
12607V only Eurosport clearing

Hope this helps.

hooley
20th November, 2010, 12:36 PM
is there any box that does 7 day epg

You will need to look at a dreambox, technomate Linux or vu duo if you want to get a 7 day epg

romunation
20th November, 2010, 05:03 PM
Just wondering wether the openbox has a web interface for viewing channels on a pc over the network?

hooley
20th November, 2010, 07:06 PM
Just wondering wether the openbox has a web interface for viewing channels on a pc over the network?

No it dosent

buzzbomb
21st November, 2010, 12:18 PM
Anyone know how to do a timed PVR recording ?

binary
21st November, 2010, 01:41 PM
Hi All, can anyone advise.. which is the best openbox on the market that gives best 'performance' help and advise is better than money, so dont ask!!

hooley
21st November, 2010, 02:41 PM
Hi All, can anyone advise.. which is the best openbox on the market that gives best 'performance' help and advise is better than money, so dont ask!!

Openbox s9 is the only one that is being discussed here. That's the one to go for.

binary
21st November, 2010, 03:18 PM
Thank you, on a 1 to 10 how do you rate the S9 for setting up, and running, Cheers!!

romunation
22nd November, 2010, 01:01 PM
Need a little clarification on this box in regards to its EPG.

I understand that there isn't a 7-day guide for the box but does it support, for instance, a 3-day guide or is it just now and next?

Just in a toss up whether to go for this or the DM500S. I've been offered the S9 for $128 or the DM500S for $78. Any help on choice would be appreciated.

I understand at those prices the S9 probably has more of a resale value if I decided to get rid of it. But the DM500S seems to have more 'out the box' features.

hooley
22nd November, 2010, 03:06 PM
Need a little clarification on this box in regards to its EPG.

I understand that there isn't a 7-day guide for the box but does it support, for instance, a 3-day guide or is it just now and next?

Just in a toss up whether to go for this or the DM500S. I've been offered the S9 for $128 or the DM500S for $78. Any help on choice would be appreciated.

I understand at those prices the S9 probably has more of a resale value if I decided to get rid of it. But the DM500S seems to have more 'out the box' features.

It's now and next only, if I had a choice I would pick the openbox. Because it's HD and the dm500 is not.

binary
22nd November, 2010, 08:52 PM
Just a note: the Openbox S9 HD spec reeds ......10) Support PVR(store in USB disk);
11) Multimedia files playback(by USB);
12) Support Electronic Program Guide(EPG) for 7 days;
13) Teletext and subtitle out through OSD;

so the openbox S9HD is supposed to support a 7 day EPG
:reddy::reddy:

kapetanios
22nd November, 2010, 09:19 PM
hi friends i am still having problem with uploading the lines via usb.i am doing all the things you say but nothing.i changed firm i changed usb stick but nothing .its says file not found.any one has any idea whats the problem.?? thanks

hooley
22nd November, 2010, 10:41 PM
Just a note: the Openbox S9 HD spec reeds ......10) Support PVR(store in USB disk);
11) Multimedia files playback(by USB);
12) Support Electronic Program Guide(EPG) for 7 days;
13) Teletext and subtitle out through OSD;

so the openbox S9HD is supposed to support a 7 day EPG
:reddy::reddy:

You will get a 7 day epg with some providers like sly de. It's up to each provider wether you get the 7 day. Some Linux boxes like dreambox, tm Linux and vu duo use plugins to provide the 7 day epg. The openbox dosent have any plugins like this.

thezafiraman
22nd November, 2010, 10:54 PM
hi friends i am still having problem with uploading the lines via usb.i am doing all the things you say but nothing.i changed firm i changed usb stick but nothing .its says file not found.any one has any idea whats the problem.?? thanks

I have just got mine today and set it up without a problem.This might help.Copy your ccamconfg file to desktop format usb stick to FAT32.Put your cam file into usb stick and plug it into the box.Upgrade via usb and press green button to activate.Make sure there is a tick next to your c:line.Save and reboot and it should do the trick.

binary
23rd November, 2010, 12:46 AM
Hi Hooley, I agree with you, the word they use is 'supports' not 'does'. you only get out what you put in. lol

taree
23rd November, 2010, 10:18 AM
Any info about new cccam 2.2.0 added in openbox?

kongarne
23rd November, 2010, 07:50 PM
Hi

I recived my Openbox S9 today, nice tuner
but network card was totaly dead! not even light in ethernet input :(

what to expect for 116$ with shipping :)

Edit:

anybody had ethernet problems? i tried 4 diffrent switches...

i now DB 7020 did not work on all switches

kapetanios
23rd November, 2010, 09:22 PM
I have just got mine today and set it up without a problem.This might help.Copy your ccamconfg file to desktop format usb stick to FAT32.Put your cam file into usb stick and plug it into the box.Upgrade via usb and press green button to activate.Make sure there is a tick next to your c:line.Save and reboot and it should do the trick.

my friend what do you mean with desktop format usb stick all the sticks arent the same??what model stick do you have??.thank you

kapetanios
23rd November, 2010, 09:24 PM
friends another question how excact do we create an cfg file??and how do we name it to make openbox recognize it thank you