PDA

View Full Version : Fiat KM tool, strange behavior

drpeter
2nd September, 2010, 06:33 PM
Had a Puncto 2001 (with 2000) cluster tonight, tried Fiat km tool, read ok, while writing needles jumpes and adress counter is visible on pc. After a while got same message again, turn ignition off and on and write again. I tried 6 times. Nothing changed. I build cluster out, programmed 908 processor, everything ok. Then I tried the km tool again to be sure it is not working, then I could change mileage? But message turn inginition off and on was still there. So I waistet a lot of time.

Someone had this before? Do I have to disconnect the battery instead of iginition off and on the next time?

obdmaster
2nd September, 2010, 06:42 PM
Had a Puncto 2001 (with 2000) cluster tonight, tried Fiat km tool, read ok, while writing needles jumpes and adress counter is visible on pc. After a while got same message again, turn ignition off and on and write again. I tried 6 times. Nothing changed. I build cluster out, programmed 908 processor, everything ok. Then I tried the km tool again to be sure it is not working, then I could change mileage? But message turn inginition off and on was still there. So I waistet a lot of time.

Someone had this before? Do I have to disconnect the battery instead of iginition off and on the next time?

ive had after write mileage turn ignition off and on and re- write, so did it then it said same again, but even after first time my mileage did change, and pretty sure my needles did bounce a bit though. Weird m8

eprommazza
17th September, 2010, 04:50 PM
hello
i receive fiat km tool but when try to connect with car
have communication error!!

i try with 2-3 car (fiat punto) ever error communicate error!!
when try to connect i see in dash indicator up down and lamp but not read km

driver serial converter ok
usb serial port com 24 ok

i have also read ept with mprog if anyone can chek if ok...
and have screen shoot ...

any idea?

thanks in advance:banghead:

drpeter
17th September, 2010, 04:55 PM
hello
i receive fiat km tool but when try to connect with car
have communication error!!

i try with 2-3 car (fiat punto) ever error communicate error!!
when try to connect i see in dash indicator up down and lamp but not read km

any idea?

driver serial converter ok
usb serial port com 24 ok

thanks in advance:banghead:

I got another puncto and this one was working fine, read fast write fast. I think you have a faulty cable.

eprommazza
17th September, 2010, 05:02 PM
I got another puncto and this one was working fine, read fast write fast. I think you have a faulty cable.

thanks for reply ..

anyone can check my dump or can upload yours

tachonow
17th September, 2010, 05:29 PM
thanks for reply ..

anyone can check my dump or can upload yours
Do yoiu have cable with dongle ?

eprommazza
17th September, 2010, 07:56 PM
Do yoiu have cable with dongle ?

no but i have sw with registration and without dongle

received without dongle

mastaflex
18th September, 2010, 11:10 AM
is it clone or original? i think that cable with dongle is better than the one without.

obdmaster
18th September, 2010, 08:09 PM
no but i have sw with registration and without dongle

received without dongle

If its clone m8 you have a pm

If any other members would like the fix just pm me.

obdmaster
4th October, 2010, 08:43 PM
The other Friday i did a 2001 punto read, wrote first time then side ign off/on re-write did this all good mileage changed GREAT.

On the monday morning had a phone call over the weekend the guy had been ~~~~in about with his radio and un-plugged his instrument cluster??????? ~~~~in about he had also popped a fuse?????????????

And the outcome was the mileage on instrument cluster had zeroed.lol

Luckily it was clocking up miles, so i did it again for him for half price.

I think this is the old ram ,rom issue by doin things by obd. Think if the guy had done over 50km after correction all would of good. Just thought id let you guys now of this issue.

mastaflex
29th October, 2010, 09:54 PM
today , have faced same situation as DRpeter with same dash and after removing and putting back on car i have ZERO's on display.

it seems that the fiat km tool does not work on HC908 dashes. after reading with UPA i found that some addresses in dump are written to 00. originally dash has 179984 Km. can someone help me to correct it because in NYO there are two version of AZ32.

thanks

drpeter
29th October, 2010, 10:05 PM
today , have faced same situation as DRpeter with same dash and after removing and putting back on car i have ZERO's on display.

it seems that the fiat km tool does not work on HC908 dashes. after reading with UPA i found that some addresses in dump are written to 00. originally dash has 179984 Km. can someone help me to correct it because in NYO there are two version of AZ32.

thanks

try this mate

mastaflex
30th October, 2010, 10:22 AM
have re-tryed today value changed ok after getting a message "communication error" but every thing is ok