PDA

View Full Version : 42" lg tv not switching on

jama
3rd September, 2010, 10:51 PM
hi can any 1 help me i have a LG 42 " tv what as just stoped working the power and standby light is not lite and the tv does not work anymore the tv is 4 1/2 years old , pls help if you can .
MODEL NO-- 42PX3RV-ZA

100-240V-50/60HZ 3-1a

this is on the back if any help

dasteph
4th September, 2010, 10:09 AM
hi can any 1 help me i have a LG 42 " tv what as just stoped working the power and standby light is not lite and the tv does not work anymore the tv is 4 1/2 years old , pls help if you can .
MODEL NO-- 42PX3RV-ZA

100-240V-50/60HZ 3-1a

this is on the back if any help

have you changed the fuse in the power cord to start with to make sure its not simply a blown fuse other than that there a plenty of tv repairers that will give free estimates on the repairs.

jama
4th September, 2010, 05:02 PM
of course i changed the fuse . does anyone know any other ideas , cos homer is on the DUFF BEER again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Itsme
4th September, 2010, 06:29 PM
Flat panel displays may have internal fuses on the power board inside the unit

willywonker2010
15th September, 2010, 11:51 PM
hi buddy

nine times out ov ten its the powers supply board

take apart check internall fuses

and

check what power suplly board u have

get on ebay and check for board

done a 42 in lcd philips this week cost me 30 pounds

well happy tv was given to me lol

zinahe
23rd November, 2010, 02:05 PM
hi buddy

nine times out ov ten its the powers supply board take apart check internall fuses

The rest of the time; one of the most common issues with flat pannel TVs is the inverter board. Typical sign is the screen comes live for a split second before it goes blank.

Regards,

Zinahe A.

dannyuk89
25th November, 2010, 04:00 PM
capacitors on psu in back

v8 dave
25th November, 2010, 04:00 PM
We repair loads of those TVs at work; PSUs are sh*te (as are Y SUS and drives). Need to find out which PSU is fitted, as there have been three that I know of, and there are two more from later sets that are pin compatible.

Give these guys a try FlatTVParts.co.uk!, LCD Spares & Plasma Spares - LCD Parts & Plasma Parts (http://www.flattvparts.co.uk)