PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox Mac OS X

Celtictiger
15th April, 2008, 10:47 PM
My puter of choice is a Mac and I am frustrated with the lack of available software for a dreambox. I can use FTP and Telnet clients that are OS X specific, but as of yet I have not come across a mac application that allows me to flash a image to the box. I have come across a iDreamX which allows you to manipulate the DB to some degree but not flash it.Anyways...has anyone on here any experience with dreambox via a Mac. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.

Devilfish
15th April, 2008, 11:45 PM
If you can telnet and ftp then you will be fine.

Have a read here...

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=760

All you need to do is copy the .img to the tmp folder, log in via telnet and paste the flash command. The box will reboot when it's finished (about 2 mins) and that's you.

You can also use the backup command to create a backup.

Jo-Jo
15th May, 2013, 09:03 PM
If you can telnet and ftp then you will be fine.

Have a read here...

Guide: Flash and Backup an Image via Telnet (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=760)

All you need to do is copy the .img to the tmp folder, log in via telnet and paste the flash command. The box will reboot when it's finished (about 2 mins) and that's you.

You can also use the backup command to create a backup.

What about reflashing a dead box via rs232 ?

from time to time my box fails to boot and requires a reflash via dreamup and a rs232 lead i use a usb adapter

i have just got a macbook pro and wondered if there are any mac alternatives to dream up ?

berneo
6th September, 2013, 04:16 AM
Simplest way is to use a router. Connect your MAC and box on your router. Power on BOX while holding the power button until the panel shows stop boot. The ip address will appear on the box. Use your Mac and key in the ip address and you shall see the box menu. click on flash and you should able to load and flash your box. Make sure your flash file is in ".nfi". This applies to DM800HD.
Good Luck!

bmgoh
10th September, 2013, 07:22 AM
My puter of choice is a Mac ...

I use iDreamX for Mac. Works like a charm.

mavkertyer
24th September, 2013, 03:10 PM
Hi bmgoh... i just tried iDreamX to try to figure out my dreambox... but i think i have problem logging into the box... any advise?