PDA

View Full Version : dm500 channel scan finds channels no pic or sound

vmd1916
4th September, 2010, 09:10 PM
running pli jade ,scan shows channel lists but no pic or sound as i flick through,except for a handful of channels,any ideas ??

dave-h
4th September, 2010, 09:43 PM
Well unless you have an official subscription card or C/S encrypted channels wont clear, so you'll only be able to view FTA channels.

vmd1916
5th September, 2010, 01:03 PM
thats whats missing fta channels pic and sound ,i flick through channel names coming up but nothing on screen, i have dm800 controlling dish with 90% signal and all fta working dm500s has also 90% signal is finding the channels but only handful work, i am not cs yet want to learn to walk before i can run, so to speak..

cactikid
5th September, 2010, 08:07 PM
check your frequency as it may be only on one and you have a few in listings

vmd1916
6th September, 2010, 11:22 AM
not sure how to do that ,do i edit frequency any way cheers cactikid sounds promising,if you have time to explain this i would be greatfull,,,

vmd1916
6th September, 2010, 01:08 PM
its ok found how to edit them ,i put in some new ones and saved ,done transponder scan and still the same ,man this is head wrecking....

andy91
6th September, 2010, 02:23 PM
Daft question but do you have scart in or hdmi cable??
If its set up for scart and your using hdmi it sometimes shows pictures with no sound and visa versa.

Have you tried to load a good set of bouquets in that definately work??
That way you then know the frequency to be correct.

Andy.

vmd1916
6th September, 2010, 06:28 PM
hello andy , its the dm500s that im having problem with not the 800 so no hdmi im afraid,done factory reset ,,have alot more fta stations now but not everything ,like the bbs,itv, true movies eh not for me, she wont get off my case...tried to manually put in frequency for these but no dice...after scan...

andy91
6th September, 2010, 09:07 PM
hello andy , its the dm500s that im having problem with not the 800 so no hdmi im afraid,done factory reset ,,have alot more fta stations now but not everything ,like the bbs,itv, true movies eh not for me, she wont get off my case...tried to manually put in frequency for these but no dice...after scan...

Have you tried a different set of bouquets and edited the one you want??

Andy.