PDA

View Full Version : a780 and usin vpn

jdr01red
4th September, 2010, 09:35 PM
Hi people, Im thinking about getting a780, and am using vermin bb, have read on here that setting up vpn will make no differance because the a780 is connected straight to the modem/router so will not go through vpn anyway?? im useless with all this stuff, but am really gona miss the footy when it goes off:(:( so really want to get myself sorted, dont want to end up with a massive fine or something either though!!

any advice would be most apreciated

tyson36
5th September, 2010, 09:14 AM
That sounds about right.....to be honest if the kv servers are not masked somehow i would be shocked. Would virmin go through every ip or go right to the server??? Thats my thinking anyhow.

jdr01red
5th September, 2010, 11:03 AM
thanks tyson36, so you think that the kv will already be running some sort of screening so vm wont be able to see what info. is being sent?? would you recomend the a780? iv always had a starview but they dont seem to be getting a good review at the mo.

tyson36
5th September, 2010, 01:29 PM
ive had a look into it, and running a home vpn would make no dif as it runs through a router. It is a risk , but a small one in my opinion. Ive loked at starview and kv and from what i read kv is more reliable.....but alot of people have/ are about to recieve a780s. So who knows..........
Put it this way , I have a kv a780 on order.

cactikid
5th September, 2010, 08:05 PM
and you wonder why this box is sold out again=quality and backup.

KillerDog
6th September, 2010, 12:46 AM
i just got mine on friday. Easy to set up, looks sexy as hell and easy to use. Uses hardly any band width too. Pic and sound is quality as always, well worth the cash. As long as i get 3 months out of it then im happy. :)