PDA

View Full Version : Hi hoping for some help here (pc to tv link)

thisisme373
6th September, 2010, 12:15 PM
Hi im new to linking a pc to tv but had a quick read on the net seems simple but then i have a big problem (i think) i have a hdmi port in the back of my pc (no slead) and have a non-hd tv, i have been searching for a hdmi-slead lead but non exist, my tv has an slead port also, im obviously hoping to get my pc picture on my big tv, what can i do, help much appreciated guys/girls

barrowmanandrew
6th September, 2010, 02:03 PM
hi m8,
what input options do you have on your tv?

dasteph
6th September, 2010, 05:54 PM
you should have a vga out on your pc and a scart in on your tv you can buy cables that will connect the two together but not a scart to vga cable as it is normally scart out it is not bi-directional.
the link will show you a vga out cable for a pc which will take a bi-directional scart adapter or a s-video lead.

VGA to TV Converter S-Video & RCA Out Cable Adapter (4 Converter) - buy online from Blue Unplugged (http://www.blueunplugged.com/p.aspx?p=121406)

thisisme373
8th September, 2010, 04:30 PM
you should have a vga out on your pc and a scart in on your tv you can buy cables that will connect the two together but not a scart to vga cable as it is normally scart out it is not bi-directional.
the link will show you a vga out cable for a pc which will take a bi-directional scart adapter or a s-video lead.

VGA to TV Converter S-Video & RCA Out Cable Adapter (4 Converter) - buy online from Blue Unplugged (http://www.blueunplugged.com/p.aspx?p=121406)

my vga/s-video lead hasn't worked i have set it all up correctly but no picture comes on at all iv tried every tv-source no picture comes through nothing at all:(

dasteph
9th September, 2010, 07:40 AM
its possibly due to your tv being out of range,you need to find out the resolution of your tv then set the output from your pc to that resolution or somewhere near it.
there should be a control to alter your display output in the control panel of your pc.