PDA

View Full Version : wireless network wont connect

lorrick
6th September, 2010, 01:18 PM
hi...my wireless netgear wg 614 wont connect to my laptop despite all correct lights working and moving it closer and about to no effect...i must say it did work before ....ithen went and bought a o2 dongle while away but when i try to connect without the dongle it comes up cant find wirless network router ...even though wireless light on......anybody help please....:banghead:

RSwire
6th September, 2010, 02:28 PM
Can you run a detect wireless device? My laptop has an embedded device but I can shut that down and detect a wireless or wifi device. Using the dongle probably shut your wireless router option down because it didn't need it.
Hope this helps.

lorrick
6th September, 2010, 04:03 PM
hi...thanks but unsure if my laptop (advent 9912) windows vista home premium has a wireless device to shut this down and can you tell how..... as this just happened after i installed the dongle .....ta:banghead:

dasteph
6th September, 2010, 04:11 PM
go into control panel/network and sharing centre in the box click connect to network it should list your wifi if its is picking it up, if it is you should be able to connect to it.

mak21
7th September, 2010, 12:45 PM
I think the easy way is to just test if u uninstall the new softwar if u can connect or not, then we'll know where to look!

andaras
10th January, 2011, 03:59 PM
Hi there,

i think this could be a hidden wireless Network. This is a configuration in your Wireless Router.
Connect your PC or Laptop with Cable to the Router and Login to it.
Look for Wireless Configuration and for "Hidden Network".
Disable the "Hidden" Part and store configuration and Reboot the Router. Now you should be able to connect.
Regards, Andreas

Reapers
10th January, 2011, 05:32 PM
i agree with andaras (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/229572-andaras/)

you could just disable the Hidden SSID on the
browser web interface to let the laptop see the
router then connect using your encyption password.

or

if the wireless manager on the laptop has the setup
to connect to a hidden network all you should have to do
click on that enter the Wireless SSID name then
encryption password.

also other things might apply.

Realtek 8169/8168/8101
Billionton GMEWLGRL-2 (RaLink RT73 USB) Wireless LAN

what type is your wireless?

G or N? sometimes that matters
not if the router not configured because usually default
accepts both but sometimes routers are setup just for N

check on whether the router accepts G and N
your wireless and the frequency on the web interface
some routers can be set to certain devices only.

sometimes its better reset the router and work from the start
because you know where you are at.