PDA

View Full Version : scrambled or no video ?

patch
6th September, 2010, 09:48 PM
have just got kva780 scanned and hasnt picked up all channels im missing cartoon net and a few others but my problem is when i go to a scrambled channel im getting scrambled or no video message and it doesnt update, could it be a problem with ethernet cable as signal and quality is ok . should the green and yellow lights be on , on the back of kryptview box where the ethernet cable goes in , ive got a new cable cat5 (flat profile ) should that work ok . please help , ive scanned ntl and telewest . thought i was on ntl but telewest got me more tps so must be on telewest . thanks

barrowmanandrew
6th September, 2010, 10:06 PM
1. do you pay a sub for a sub for a basic package?
do you have any splitters on your cable feed?
if your missing channels when scanning, your signal strenth maybe low.
stupid question, but have you flashed your box?

patch
6th September, 2010, 10:30 PM
yes flashed and have checked its latest firmware in menu im not sure weather its ethernet cable at fault this is the one i have
h**p://cpc.farnell.com/pro-signal/rjflat-10/lead-flat-cat5e-lsoh-grey-10m/dp/CS16490?Ntt=cs16490
should this work as when plugged in router the port lights dont light up as they do with my otherethernet leads i have connected to router and the lights on the ethernet connection on back of a780 dont light up but when i try ethernet from my dreambox in a780 the lights are on , this is what make me think its a ethernet problem . can someone help . i may be able to manual scan for the cartoon nets if i can get the freq . thanks

barrowmanandrew
6th September, 2010, 10:52 PM
both lights should be on.
green light solid, yellow light flashing (or vice versa)
you dont need to have the ethernet cable plugged in to scan.
do a factory reset on yer box.
then rescan. make sure you choose the closest tp to wherever you are and get an ethernet cable that works....
that cable should work, maybe its faulty

patch
7th September, 2010, 07:39 AM
i have bought two of these cables for two boxes and when i plug them into router (netgear wgt624) i cant get ports 3 or 4 to light up, yet if i try cable thats plugged in port 2 in port 4 it then lights . as for the scanning ive done factory reset and plugged direct to feed , tried all providers but get more tps when connected thru splitter and im missing cart net , sky sports 2 and all regional fta stations , could this be faulty tuner? thanks

barrowmanandrew
7th September, 2010, 08:31 AM
when you are scanning are you.
1. factory resetting box?
2. choosing correct provider (telepest for me)?
3. scanning for networked channels only?
4. choosing closest tp to your home?

you will get better results without splitters.
if cable feed goes thru a splitter before it reaches your box, then signal will be weaker by the time it reaches your box.....

patch
7th September, 2010, 08:24 PM
i have sorted the ethernet cable it was faulty ( no lights) . so should now clear channels i have got . now when scanning i first do a factory reset , then choose provider , it used to be ntl but is now vm ( is there anyway to check your provider ?) as my eurovox always scanned on 6.952 , now both ex c and w and telepest scan on 6.952 c and w finds 49 tp and telepest finds 51 tps so can i take it im on telepest? i choose nearest to home but both scans are finding some channels but not all im missing nat geo and all regional bbc and itv . is there anyway of adding these manually ? ive scanned loads of eurovoxes and never had trouble , this is why i think it could be tuner problem , ive bought 2 of these boxes one is dead and this ones having trouble scanning. thanks for your help

ziezou
7th September, 2010, 09:09 PM
I had a simular problem what I did was firstly a factory reset then scan the box without the firmware installed it should pick up all the channels then after that I installed the latest firmaware connected the ethernet and all the channels worked

patch
7th September, 2010, 09:35 PM
how do you delete the firmware ? thanks

jumpinjo
7th September, 2010, 09:43 PM
bud i take it he's thinking factory reset does it which it dont and no need to even attempt it

barrowmanandrew
7th September, 2010, 10:09 PM
it sounds like your not scanning properly.
1 do a factory reset
2 select automatic scan
3 change provider to telepest
4 change channel type to "networked" (this is what i think your doing wrong)
5 start scan (green buton i think)
6 after a few mins a list of tp's should appear
7 chose one nearest your location
8 box should now scan and store all channels.
if there are still channels missing, then you may have a weak signal

patch
8th September, 2010, 07:29 AM
signal is 82 quality is 72 , my problem is im near blackburn and was on ntl ive followed instructions fine untill i get to ntl and network , when i press green for id list to appear it says 1 already exist and then repeats this down to number 7 , and instead of id list appearing it just scans 8 tps on its own and doesnt find any channels . the only time i can get a list of ids is on tele**** and nearest is preston , but this still doesnt get me the regional fta channels or nat geo or ss2 and some film channels . why can i not get any ids on ntl as blackburn is listed as ntl unless they have changed. or could box need flashing again or is box faulty ? thanks

DW190
8th September, 2010, 07:48 AM
signal is 82 quality is 72 , my problem is im near blackburn and was on ntl ive followed instructions fine untill i get to ntl and network , when i press green for id list to appear it says 1 already exist and then repeats this down to number 7 , and instead of id list appearing it just scans 8 tps on its own and doesnt find any channels . the only time i can get a list of ids is on tele**** and nearest is preston , but this still doesnt get me the regional fta channels or nat geo or ss2 and some film channels . why can i not get any ids on ntl as blackburn is listed as ntl unless they have changed. or could box need flashing again or is box faulty ? thanks

When you have factory reset the box unplug or switch off the power for half a minute. You may have to do this a few times until the box locks onto the net id's. When you see the net id's appear wait at least one minute as they will keep increasing until nearly 70 id's appear.

Try ex C&W thats what Bolton is and scan on Manchester 1, dont forget when you have selected the net id to press the green button.

tyson36
8th September, 2010, 08:54 AM
Mine was the same i was under the impression i was on old ntl......Tried candw and everything was fine! Remember to leave it for a min when the locations start coming up. Look for ones with test in brackets i believe they are the new ones.

patch
8th September, 2010, 08:14 PM
thanks to all who helped ive now scanned on manchester 3 and all seems to be ok