PDA

View Full Version : Volvo S80 Dash / DIM problem

budG60
6th September, 2010, 11:05 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know what the fault: SRS-0 SRS Lamp 0D4 Faulty function could be? I have checked the led's in the DASH, but they are fine.
Car: Volvo S80 1999

Thanks in advance.

marinero123
7th September, 2010, 05:27 AM
Hi,

Does anyone know what the fault: SRS-0 SRS Lamp 0D4 Faulty function could be? I have checked the led's in the DASH, but they are fine.
Car: Volvo S80 1999

Thanks in advance.

check for problem in airbag modul ... maybe car was crashed before ...

budG60
7th September, 2010, 09:15 PM
I have done a lamp output test and indeed the srs led is not lighted, so it must be in the dash itselve.
I have checked the board and all connections to this led are fine. Any suggestions before I buy a new dash?

vrsc
7th September, 2010, 11:00 PM
Airbag - Modul ???

wokounek
8th September, 2010, 09:17 PM
Hi bro its common volvo dashboard problem.. simply use hotair desolder motorola mcu from board clean and solder with new tin /i use Tin and Future HF Rework Jelly from Warton Metals Solders, Solderpastes, Fluxes and Lead-Free Solders (http://www.warton-metals.co.uk/re-work.html) / again to board with diag DICE or Bosch clear error from airbag ecu and dashboard/DIM thats all nice day.

budG60
21st October, 2010, 02:18 PM
I have removed the motorola uC and placed it back again (hotair, flux etc.), but I am till getting the same message SRS..airbag..
When I turn the ignition on, the airbag light is shortly lighted, just like the other lights / led's.
Any more ideas or suggestions?

jp_olli
22nd October, 2010, 07:14 PM
In the 1999 model the airbag light problem is quite rare compared to 2001-2003 wich is a whole another storyu itself.

Have you removed the DTC?s first from DIM and then from SRS-module?

If the fault is still present, check the CEM fault codes is there any communication or configuration problems etc.

In quite many cases on the 1999-2000 models the CEM causes a lot of "ghost" faults.