PDA

View Full Version : Renault Scenic 2000 model 'How to?'

Code Breaker
7th September, 2010, 05:25 PM
Hi, I am new to all this and have been learning on VAG cars. I did however get a Renault Scenic 2000 model, full specs, not sure till tomorrow after delivery.

Problem is I don't have any keys for it and I would like to know what the process is to make it start up regarding immobiliser, as I have zero familiarity with Renault.

What information do I need from the car and where do I look plz?

As I say I am a newbie to this line of work (hey a guys gotta start somewhere ;) )
I have new equipment as follows, T300, X-Prog-M, Super Vag K+Can, SBB, Vag Com 908, Vag Commander 5.1 (never got this one to work :( )

Thanks

racin-snake
7th September, 2010, 05:35 PM
what ecm mate get the info first should be sirius 32n but might be wrong
get details theres a lot of info on the site for dumps and what chips ect
if its a 2l you might need an emulator
but lots of help on here

Code Breaker
9th September, 2010, 04:46 PM
Right then, I got the Renault in, it is a S reg UK car, 1.6 petrol Renault Megane Scenic RT Alize A.

I don't know where to start, I have no key for it and looking around there is some sort of module above the fuse box, I have attached a picture of it, does it mean anything?

Thanks

foxtec800
9th September, 2010, 05:33 PM
if you want central locking to work you`ll need to order key from dealer takes - 5-10 days and comes ready to use on car, simple manual method of coding via c/locking button in car , you`ll need emergency code which can be calculated from the key internal serial code, or fit bypass module to diasable immo, but you`ll still to emergency code and a key cut to the car..

racin-snake
9th September, 2010, 05:52 PM
if the remote aint important .. find out what ecm it has
should be in the engine bay in a metal casing
from there depending on ecm there are other options than the above
thats the uch in the picture

Code Breaker
9th September, 2010, 05:58 PM
if the remote aint important .. find out what ecm it has
should be in the engine bay in a metal casing
from there depending on ecm there are other options than the above
thats the uch in the picture

Ah ok, I saw two ecm's, one was located on the drivers side suspension housing and other was behind passenger headlight area.

Do I need info from both of them? or which one would be the actual ecm in question?

Also what was the black module above the fuse box to the right of the steering wheel then? (pictures taken of)

Thank You

racin-snake
9th September, 2010, 06:12 PM
the pass side headlight area could be the winner
it should be held in by a couple of tamperproof torx bolts ?
if its there it will probably be a fenix 5
if it has one long connector and 55 pins
if you can confirm
there are lots of ways to off the immo

Code Breaker
9th September, 2010, 06:18 PM
Thanks, I will get back to car Saturday at the earliest if not Monday, I saw the torx bolts on the other one but didn't take notice of the one behind the headlight.

I will get back to you as soon as.

Thanks for your help, I'm always in 'learn mode'

Hope all you guys have a nice weekend!

Ashraf6119
10th September, 2010, 01:36 PM
Hi

Just a thought would it not be easy to order a new key and a pin code from the Dealers as you already have the tool to program the key in. (T300, SBB) can do the job :idea:

Ash

Code Breaker
10th September, 2010, 05:54 PM
Hi

Just a thought would it not be easy to order a new key and a pin code from the Dealers as you already have the tool to program the key in. (T300, SBB) can do the job :idea:

Ash

I will try to get the key from dealer but I have no log book for it yet, it is a cat D car, and such there's usually no papers with the cars.
I wasn't aware I could use SBB or the T300, I have tried the T300 but as it has a password on it at first, and I don't have this, awaiting the password to play with it yet. (I think it is a clone).

Thanks

darrenhyland
11th September, 2010, 12:06 AM
if its a clone try 268113......or check rear of the unit for a serial no. which is usualy the pass aswell:smokin:

racin-snake
11th September, 2010, 12:36 AM
my t300 has pass 123456 but three tries and its toast mate

Code Breaker
11th September, 2010, 01:35 PM
if its a clone try 268113......or check rear of the unit for a serial no. which is usualy the pass aswell:smokin:

my t300 has pass 123456 but three tries and its toast mate

Thanks, I read about the 3 tries and didn't want to chance it till I found out for sure, apparently it wipes the flash clear if a number is tried wrongly 3 times :(

racin-snake
11th September, 2010, 07:06 PM
yup mate seen it happen lol
did ya get the ecu details ?

Code Breaker
11th September, 2010, 07:29 PM
No Sorry, Will get back to the car on Monday and will ask you then Pal.

Ashraf6119
12th September, 2010, 10:53 AM
Hi

Clone MVP will be as mentioned 268113 and that should be a sticker at the back.

For T300 you can try ether 123456 or, 000000 also this will be shown on front of the set.

Hope this helps.

Ash

Code Breaker
14th September, 2010, 04:08 PM
Hi I didn't want to try and guess the password for the T300, so I am awaiting info on that one. I do however have the SBB which has been suggested will work with it.

As for the ECU/ECM I took two of them out of car and attached are the pictures. I assume the bigger of the two S103750016 A is the one we need?.

A new key has been ordered and we're awaiting this, meanwhile what options (processes) do we have to do to the ecu.

Thanks

racin-snake
15th September, 2010, 08:38 AM
this must be an automatic then ?
one ecu must be for the automatic box
hence the confusion
(you should add these details saves time )
but as i see the engine ecm is a fenix 5
this can be done a few ways
either emergency code and emulator
new key which comes programed
off the immo the renault tool way or
off the immo the flashing pins method
but as you have now urdered a key just sit back and wait
you shouldnt need to modify or do anything just stick the key in ignition after sychronising the remote

Code Breaker
15th September, 2010, 10:55 AM
this must be an automatic then ?
one ecu must be for the automatic box
hence the confusion
(you should add these details saves time )
but as i see the engine ecm is a fenix 5
this can be done a few ways
either emergency code and emulator
new key which comes programed
off the immo the renault tool way or
off the immo the flashing pins method
but as you have now urdered a key just sit back and wait
you shouldnt need to modify or do anything just stick the key in ignition after sychronising the remote

Sincerely Sorry, I wasn't aware you needed to know if it is an auto, it is indeed an auto.

So while we await the key may I ask:

How do you tell if it a fenix 5?
How do you do/does the emergency code and emulator work then?
Which Renault tool is used to off the immo?
What software, hardware and process is used to flash the pins method?
Does the SBB allow the syncing of the remote and starting of the key then?

Sorry about the questions but I ask these so I can make a note of them and not have to ask them again. :rock:

Perhaps a new thread should be started to show all the above info for all makes of cars, this way less questions will be asked by newbies like me :)

racin-snake
15th September, 2010, 11:29 AM
fenix 5 is rubber filled with 55 pin connector
immo emulator just sends immo or unlock code to let the ecu run when sent it just repats the sending of the emergency code as soon as the ign is cycled so no manual code is needed to be done
the flash of the ecu chip is a way of disabling the immo
i havnt tried it yet but all info is on the forum (although all methods will be no good without a key )
the universal renault decode tool can be suplied by a few places (you can google it )
it will decode immobiliser either to recieve a new code on startup or in the case of fenix cut immo wire to ecu and ecm will run free ?
(although not entirely sure about automatic cars )
although i have seen a few cars with immo faults i have only ever had one with lost keys which i offed
renault suplies the ir keys ime sure which will be already coded to the car rf ones i think can be done either this way or by transpponder key only no remote
hth
theres a lot of reading on the forum for all this stuff

Code Breaker
22nd September, 2010, 09:45 PM
Well it turns out that the dealers won't issue the key without 'them' programming it into the car, so my chance of learning on this one is nil :(

Hope to do a deal on another one and try that one soon.

Thanks

dimit1r2171
20th December, 2010, 08:39 PM
HELLO my car is renault megan scenic 2.0 16v 2000 year. i can not start it. immo is on my ECU is siemens sirius 32 , strange thing is that i don't have winkers and wipers. any ideas?