PDA

View Full Version : how do you connect dreambox to computer to watch tv?

douch
16th April, 2008, 12:15 AM
:withstupid:i have a mediacentre pc so how can i connect my dreambox to it to watch tv?is it the same as setting up freeview box just?

Devilfish
16th April, 2008, 12:30 AM
If your media centre has a composite video input, you can use that output on the dreambox along with the stereo phone audio outputs.

You can also use the ethernet. If the dreambox is connected to your PC via ethernet, enter the ip address of the dreambox into a browser and you should see the web interface. There will be a live video link somewhere, usually called WEB-X-TV or something like that, and that will stream live.

mez
16th April, 2008, 01:05 AM
you need programme called dreamtv is the best is on german but works create connect your dreambox with pc trought routre is better you can fine it on UMP Filecenter at http://www.ump2002.net/index.php gd luck

douch
16th April, 2008, 01:09 AM
litttle problem i dont have router only have ntl modem...and little money to buy router?
:idea:

jimsnake
16th April, 2008, 05:08 PM
if you want to stream tv it looks like you will be ok doing it off line, as long as you use a eithernet crossover cable, this is not the same as the eithernet cable that connects to your modem, i bought one this morning from comet clearence centre, was prices at 9.99
but cost me 4.99 remember to set your ip address in windows networking one digit out from your boxes ip address

aftermath
16th April, 2008, 05:26 PM
If its just to watch TV on your PC, you could but a PCI network card and use it seperate from your Modem, only prob there is you will need to have a crossover cable connected between the 2 , therefore a cable showing.

THitAcR
14th June, 2011, 05:55 AM
Does this still work?