PDA

View Full Version : key code dreambox?

douch
16th April, 2008, 12:21 AM
i add the latest key code to my dreambox all channel are back which is good.but now i see there a fix for the dreambox called nag7 rar..what is it fixing ?and do i need to upload it to my dbox?is it only to add the new keycodes?..:withstupid:

Devilfish
16th April, 2008, 12:32 AM
At the moment, if the keys changed, you would need to manually enter them again. With this fix, it will automatically update the keys if they change. Before this fix was available, and you had to manually enter the keys, sites were offering the keys because everyone needed them. Now that the fix is out, the keys won't be posted anymore because they don't need to be. So if you decide not to include the fix, you will find it hard to get keys when they change because most folk will have the update.

Have a read at the links in my signature. :)

douch
16th April, 2008, 12:39 AM
just 1 more little question i download the rar file but cant open it?and can i load the nar7 to dreambox with out having to connect the dreambox to the tv?as the tv and computer are in other rooms and cant be move easy?i have nullcable 9pin female connection..so i can connect the dreambox to the computer to unload the rar file using filezilla is the right way to do it?
:withstupid:

Devilfish
16th April, 2008, 12:46 AM
Emmm...yes, I think lol.

You need to use a crossover ethernet cable to transfer files to and from the dreambox. FTP program is also needed so Filezilla would be ok. The null modem cable is only used for flashing an image with dreambox. The nagrarom7.bin file is not an image, it's a single file that goes inn the /var/keys folder on your dreambox so you can't use the null modem cable.

The dreambox doesn't need to be connected to a tv or feed, just sure that the network settings and ip address are correct before you unplug from the tv. I would recommend it is connected to a tv because it make it easier to change the settings if you've not got them right. I can see you spending a lot of time going back and forth.

douch
16th April, 2008, 01:02 AM
i have cable modem with only 1 ethernet port so i think to add other ethernet wire would be a bit hard or can i just unplug the ethernet cable from my modem and use that to go in my dbox? :withstupid:

Devilfish
16th April, 2008, 01:13 AM
NO, it would need to be a crossover ethernet cable, not a standard patch cable which is what the modem uses.

If you have tv card or video capture card, that would be best.

Or get a USB to Ethernet adapter. ;)

douch
16th April, 2008, 02:08 AM
ok i have crossover cable but how do i connect my dbox to the computer and modem with only 1 port out of the modem?and you said i cant use the null cable right to tranfer the file?there must be away with out buy router?

Devilfish
16th April, 2008, 05:10 AM
You can't connect 2 devices to one ethernet port, that's physically impossible.

Simply disconnect your modem while you make the changes to your dreambox, then reconnect your modem.

The second post it this thread (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1307) tells you how to reconfigure your TCP/IP settings of the network card to manually assign an ip address.

wakkers2000
16th April, 2008, 10:48 PM
this is SOO much better than the DBox2... Is there a way of converting this image to work on a DBox2?