PDA

View Full Version : Catapiller eaton fuller

makura
10th September, 2010, 11:10 PM
Hi guys

I have a truck with cat engine and eaton fulller automatic transmission,now the transmission leaver is showing a service light,even when you shift the leaver to drive it stll shows servce.
Now my main problem is that i cant connect to the gear ecm becouse of the deutsch plug on it.Can any one share the pin out on this socket so i can wire it to normal 9 pin deutsch soocket.where should i start on this repair and whats the common fault on these machines.

hercamp
11th September, 2010, 02:09 AM
deutch 9 pins ......u need to know protocol..but.transmition most be in j1939+ and j1939 pins....C J19+ and D j19- ...A ground and B +battery.
but u most be able to connect to j1587...and service ranger ...will try to read from j1939 pins authomatic.

spakos
11th September, 2010, 05:06 AM
what kind of transmission is? the shift selector is in the wheel or comes from the floor of the truck, if comes from the floor you have to open the box and you will see the diagnostic conector. try with the ignition key on turn it off and on 4 times with in 5 second an the service light will give you the fault codes. if the gear selector is in the wheel you can connect to the 9 pin deutch connector. if can't connect check the J1939 wiring.

makura
11th September, 2010, 07:16 AM
what kind of transmission is? the shift selector is in the wheel or comes from the floor of the truck, if comes from the floor you have to open the box and you will see the diagnostic conector. try with the ignition key on turn it off and on 4 times with in 5 second an the service light will give you the fault codes. if the gear selector is in the wheel you can connect to the 9 pin deutch connector. if can't connect check the J1939 wiring.
the transmision selector comes from the floor,i donot have the kind of deutsch cable that fits in the male plug that is on the gear selector that is why i am asking for the pin out so that i can connect my lap top with roadranger software.

hercamp
11th September, 2010, 08:13 AM
if transmition has a module most ber connect to others ...by j1587...just select divece tester and see if appear that module

most be ...engine controller,instrument cluster,transmision ,abs module...but all most be connected to central terminal of data transference.

if u want to connect stand alone look in the transmition module wire green and blue...or yellow and orange..road ranger use both code colors for data.

but how i say most be connected to deutch ..by a couple wires ...nothing else.

yovany164
12th September, 2010, 03:37 AM
I have a truck with cat engine and eaton fulller automatic transmission,now the transmission leaver is showing a service light,even when you shift the leaver to drive it stll shows servce.
Now my main problem is that i cant connect to the gear ecm becouse of the deutsch plug on it.Can any one share the pin out on this socket so i can wire it to normal 9 pin deutsch soocket.where should i start on this repair and whats the common fault on these machines.