PDA

View Full Version : itgate 220 not finding channels

allivnotsa
11th September, 2010, 05:03 PM
hi everyone, i just installed a sat tuner from the shop in spain, finds transponders ok but dont find any channels, looped it through on my tm6800 so i know that the sats are spot on.Also tried without the tm in the loop and still cant find any channels, signal strength and quality is in the 80s on 19e, 13e, 28e, for instance, any help lads?.

allivnotsa
11th September, 2010, 09:07 PM
any help with this? maybe a dud tuner? wot do you think?

DogdySnigwirter
12th September, 2010, 10:03 AM
any help with this? maybe a dud tuner? wot do you think?

After tuner swap did you do a factory reset before scan ?

allivnotsa
12th September, 2010, 11:43 AM
thanx for your reply, yes done a factory reset before scanning for channels, i am using ukur 7.9 image, sat tuner brand new from the spanish supplier, getting locked signals on all sats with my moteck but after running scans it doesnt find any services.

bugsy
12th September, 2010, 07:34 PM
Hi mate,
Had this problem aswell, make sure the tuner is pushed right home in the slots.

Cheers,
bugsy.

allivnotsa
13th September, 2010, 11:28 AM
hi bugsy,
i will have a look and check that its slotted in ok. did you get your tuner from the shop in spain?

andiewill
13th September, 2010, 12:08 PM
I got mine from Spain and it is working fine and dandy, i thought there was an issue with it the other day, but in the end it was the Bouquets that i edited was the problem and thank F**k for that.

But all working fine and as bugsy say make sure it is seated tightly and why not try one of the pre bouquets from the download menu, ie Captains settings ?

bugsy
13th September, 2010, 02:03 PM
hi bugsy,
i will have a look and check that its slotted in ok. did you get your tuner from the shop in spain?

Yea mate,got two of them from spain both working perfect.

allivnotsa
13th September, 2010, 08:39 PM
thanx gents refitted the tuner, but cannot find the bouquet list mentioned by andiewill, also how do i apply the list?

allivnotsa
14th September, 2010, 10:10 AM
can you tell me when when i scan for channels i get 80 % signal and strength should i have green ticks in the lock and sync squares? i get black crosses which i always had when scanning cable channels with the cable tuner.

bugsy
14th September, 2010, 02:53 PM
Hi mate try a different image ie edg nemisis 4.4
This is running perfect on my boxes.
Check out freck's posts,he has uploaded it.

Cheers,
bugsy.

allivnotsa
15th September, 2010, 12:22 PM
I have installed dcc v295, pc>itgate>router connects network ok, then i get the following message
telnet connected
ftp connected

bootmanager not found
telnet disconnected
telnet login incorrect,

i have edg nemesis 4.4 on my pc, so what do i do next?
i need to enter a name and password, read various help guides and it says to enter root for name, and dreambox for password but no joy. this is my first try at putting an image on a linux box, if after getting this done the tuner dont work its in the skip.

andiewill
15th September, 2010, 12:56 PM
name = root
passwod = leave it blank or if that does not work press space bar to spell blank.

Also to download pre made bouquets press blue button twice on remote, go to dowload control panle and the bouquets are there, you can only download if you have internet connection to the box. (i will check to navigating route is correct when i get home ?)

I also see you are using DCC which i am not sure if that will work with the itgate, let us no if it does, but there is a software like that one to use with the itgate and quite similar as well.

allivnotsa
15th September, 2010, 12:59 PM
thanx andiewill, will try that later.

allivnotsa
15th September, 2010, 01:07 PM
just tried to download captains 90e-58w 19/02 from blue panel and i get the following

install failed.please check available space. any ideas?.

allivnotsa
16th September, 2010, 09:30 AM
situation is still as as in my last post but now i have telnet connected, still stuck though, 2 days solid now still joy.

andiewill
16th September, 2010, 10:41 AM
just tried to download captains 90e-58w 19/02 from blue panel and i get the following

install failed.please check available space. any ideas?.

I know it is a silly question but do you have dhcp ticked in your communication settings, plus i have had problems with this download and have to turn box off then back on and try again, keep trying a different set of bouquets until it kicks in, i find it very tempermental.

andiewill
16th September, 2010, 10:44 AM
@ allivnotsa just a thought do you have your CCcam installed ? as i believe you need this to pick up channles.

allivnotsa
16th September, 2010, 12:58 PM
thanx andiewill, i have dhcp on both router and itgate set to on, dcc says network ok between pc-itgate-router, ftp connected and telnet connected, tried downloading channels lists + cccam from blue panel all i get is the following,

install failed.please check available space.

i checked the var an its on 28%, all this is new to me and everyones help is very much appreciated, however this box it really starting to piss me off.?30 tuner i dont know whether its a dud coz i i cant install sod all on the box, i could have put the money towards a spider.

mept1
16th September, 2010, 06:23 PM
Try manually installing cccam 214 in the var,etc....

andiewill
16th September, 2010, 10:00 PM
As mep1 one say's ftp the rar ccam 2.14 files manually to the box and locate and install to var>etc....

Then press the blue buttoon twice on your remote and scroll down to add on manager, press the yellow button (manual), then in the drop down menu select your CCam and install.

Your nearly there you just need the cams which i did not realise until i read through the post's again.

allivnotsa
17th September, 2010, 02:49 PM
thanx for the ongoing help lads, any help on how do i do a manual ftp of CCcam ?

mept1
17th September, 2010, 06:45 PM
Install a ftp client on your pc,..dreamup,etc,etc there in downloads in the dreambox section,..
i,m assuming from your post,s above you can get your box and pc talking?.if this is the case then it should be plain sailing,just follow what andiwell posted.

allivnotsa
18th September, 2010, 04:49 PM
right lads first of all another thank you for the help, i sent edg nemesis to the itgate via dcc, itgate rebooted(so must be talking) dont know where to locate this, also i have CCcam 2.1.4 on pc tried to send this via dcc, via install addon package tar.gz but when i locate the folder with CCcam 2.1.4 in it says no items match your search, also when i go to manual addon install via bluex2 yellow buttons only addon option i have is cpanel.tar.gz. getting on my tits this is now.

allivnotsa
19th September, 2010, 05:08 PM
i have managed to ftp CCcam config and edg nemesis 4.4 to the var/erc folder on the itgate via dcc, also a satellite xml list with just hotbird and astra1, the sat xml works as the only 2 sat available to me are the above mentioned. still cannot get any services even though i have a lock on strong signal transponders. i still have uk.ur 7.9 image working as i cannot install either the CCcam or edg nemesis( manual download panel only gives me the option to d/load cpanel.tar which is already installed) i am at a loss to be honest getting there slowly dont know if i am doing the right things or not, but i have been 4 days solid at this know and getting seriously f***ked off, anymore help lads before i throw it out the window. p.s .best wishes to big mac enzo maccarinelli after his knockout defeat last night, see you when you come home mate.

mept1
19th September, 2010, 09:50 PM
To get access to the cpanel to download,. you need at least v8,..7.9 does not have the option,...so v8 for ireland will do the trick and it,s a dual image.

allivnotsa
20th September, 2010, 07:15 PM
thanx mept1m, right i have downloaded v8 ireland folder to my desktop which contains,
tgm220 uboot img,
tgm220 update img,

so what do i do next? and what is a dual image?, thanx.

andiewill
20th September, 2010, 07:37 PM
OK

tgm220 uboot img = Use this image when your box goes T+Ts up.

tgm220 update img = Use this image to update your box to V8

Dual image means you can use the same image for cable and sat, just factory reset your box once the image is loaded, and the image will pick up your tuner that is in the box.

allivnotsa
21st September, 2010, 02:43 PM
i ftp the image to my box, done a factory reset and the box rebooted with the uk/ur 7.9 logo still there and in dcc telnet telling me incorrect password now ? help....

andiewill
22nd September, 2010, 12:08 AM
i ftp the image to my box, done a factory reset and the box rebooted with the uk/ur 7.9 logo still there and in dcc telnet telling me incorrect password now ? help....

Try tapping the space bar 5 times to spell "blank"

mept1
22nd September, 2010, 07:21 AM
I change my password from blank to itgate ,in itgate control centre,could never ftp with blank.

allivnotsa
22nd September, 2010, 06:48 PM
i have done what was advised to do, sent v8 ireland image via ftp in dcc to var/etc folder, factory install and 7.9 image is still the boot image with no option in blue panel to manualy install anything other than cpanel. tar, tried a scan for channels on 16 east 91 transponders no services.what next?

mept1
22nd September, 2010, 07:41 PM
You may have thought you sent it,... but it for ever reason never arrived,...try using itgate contol centre? it,s really simple.you obviously have connection,...15 mins and you should be good.

allivnotsa
22nd September, 2010, 07:44 PM
thanx mept1 i have itgate control centre on my pc can you tell me how to do it?

mept1
22nd September, 2010, 08:00 PM
ok,..based on cc 2.4 open cc,...first config ,obviously make sure ip on your box is the same as in cc window,...ie:192.168.1.108,..box and centre should match.
login info
reciver ip:eg above
id:root
password:blank

change password
new password eg:itgate
confirm new password:itgate:

reboot your pc and box,...DONT FACTORY RESET this will clear your new password.

open cc again.
fill in the boxes again
reciver ip:192.168.1.108
id:root:
password: itgate

go to update the rest should be self explaning

good luck

allivnotsa
23rd September, 2010, 01:25 PM
cheers mept1 i installed uk/ur 8 ireland no probs, i then installed edg memesis 4.4, downloaded a channel list from blue panel but still no channels, i have cccam 2.1.4 on my pc, which include the following,

cccam.armeb
cccam.armeb.eabi
cccam.cfg
cccam.mipsel
cccam.ppc
cccam.x86
cccam.x86_64
change log

what do i ftp to the itgate and should i use dcc or itgate centre? reading replies earlier in my thread installing this should give me channels is that correct?. thanx again.

mept1
23rd September, 2010, 05:54 PM
why are you using edge nemis4.4? when all you require was the v8 imiage.
after you flashed it all that was needed was to factory reset the box,then set your password again via itgate control centre
with v8 on,all you had to do was download cccam 214 followed by the cccam cfg via blue button.
you then need a ftp client as mentoned before,..then when you ftp into the box the var/etc then edit the config file.
you are making this far more complicated than it is.

so to sum up,.....flashing and editing password is done via itgate control centre

downloading the cccam214 and config file is via the blue button

editing the config file is done via a ftp client.

good luck.

allivnotsa
24th September, 2010, 02:06 PM
i have downloaded the cccam 2.1.4 file as said earlier, ftp this to the var/etc also tied sendind to the var/temp and sweet f.a. happens, nothing in manual install bar just cpanel tar.gz,tried this on v8 ireland and edg nemesis, mept1 you mentioned about editing the cccam config if you mean change to 755 i tried that,if not would you tell me otherwise, also as i asked earlier do i need cccam to view free channels or is this new tuner a dud ? i am getting closer thanx to all you guys, i dont mean to be a pain in the arse but linux is new to me.

mept1
24th September, 2010, 06:01 PM
You dont need cccam for freesat,....do you not even get 1 channel?if not,. somthing deffo a miss,. either your connections or your tuner.
regarding cccam214,. why dont you just download and install via blue button,..no need to ftp.

allivnotsa
24th September, 2010, 06:26 PM
hi mept1, i have no channels, was told earlier in thread that i needed to install cccam to get channels, as when i scan for instance hotbird i get lock and strong signal strength and quality but the scan returns with no services found, my tm6800 no probs at all. as for downloading the cccam i have no option on the edg nemesis its not in the addon/plug in list to download, the v8 ireland has cccam 2.1.0 option but just hangs on dowloading.

shamusbhoy
24th September, 2010, 06:27 PM
Like mept1 said no need to ftp anything if connected to the net, I would do a factory reset to clear var folder of any crap thats in there, run through your sat setup then straight to blue button and the option to download cccam and a channel list like vhannibal should be there.The only time you need an ftp client is when you want to manually change things or edit cccam.cfg but thats a different thing altogether.

allivnotsa
24th September, 2010, 07:01 PM
hi shamusbhoy, i just done a factory reset edg nemesis 4.4, dowloaded vhannibal motor 18-09-2010, set my motor up scanned astra 2 lock on transponders (85%) but no services, also there is no option to download cccam in blue panel. like i said mt tm 6800 no probs picking up channels.

mept1
24th September, 2010, 07:07 PM
you only need to install cccam to view preminum channelswith clines hence the "C" but as shamusbhoy thats a difrent ball game.
if i was you i would scan 28.2 and view freesat,..... SEE IF THATS VIEWABLE

allivnotsa
24th September, 2010, 07:18 PM
just scanned 28.2 east again 107 transponders no services, strong s and q though.

shamusbhoy
24th September, 2010, 07:38 PM
I thought you were running ukur v8, if you have vhannibal on press ok then green for satellites scroll to 28.2 ok again then scroll to bbc and see if it works.This is for ukur image but nemesis should be roughly the same.

allivnotsa
24th September, 2010, 07:41 PM
i got the same results on both ukur v8 and edg 4.4 signals romping in but no services, i t must be a dud tuner.

shamusbhoy
24th September, 2010, 07:54 PM
on the vhannibal channel list the services are already there try scrolling to 28.2 services and see what happens.

allivnotsa
25th September, 2010, 03:43 PM
i have ran through the vhannibal list on 28.2 and i get strong signal and quality but the screen is blank. read a few posts on here and other forums about the same problem but no definitive answers to solve it.

mept1
25th September, 2010, 05:10 PM
i have ran through the vhannibal list on 28.2 and i get strong signal and quality but the screen is blank. read a few posts on here and other forums about the same problem but no definitive answers to solve it.

If your getting a strong signal and quality,....tuner must be ok!!

allivnotsa
25th September, 2010, 05:31 PM
yeah mept1 thats what i thought, but something is not right.

allivnotsa
25th September, 2010, 07:25 PM
anyone else have a solution?

allivnotsa
25th September, 2010, 08:41 PM
when running through the blank channels i am getting the message switch unkown error.

mept1
25th September, 2010, 08:58 PM
ok when you press bouquets on the remote control theres 4 options,select green,what do your first 3 options give you?

IE:04 astra/eurobird 28.2-new found (0)

mept1
25th September, 2010, 09:18 PM
or try this press bpuquets then blue button,scroll down to astra-eurobird 28.2,then scroll onto freesat,..click on bbc1,..see what happens

allivnotsa
25th September, 2010, 11:43 PM
when i press bouqets the 3 options on 28.2e are

new found(0)
provider
services(676),

then when i go to bbc 1 on freesat there is nothing.

shamusbhoy
26th September, 2010, 08:12 AM
Where it says services(676)scroll down to it and press ok, you should find about 20 BBC 1 channels,I would think some of them should work.

allivnotsa
26th September, 2010, 09:02 AM
morning shamusbhoy, i have already tried that on 28.2e plus loads on 13e, 19e ,16e etc, dont know what to do next, could there be a fault with the box itself and not the tuner?

mept1
26th September, 2010, 09:21 AM
Did you try press bouquets then blue button,scroll down to astra-eurobird 28.2,then scroll onto freesat,..click on bbc1,..
cos when i use the yellow button theres services(676),,..nothing is viewable to me either.

shamusbhoy
26th September, 2010, 09:58 AM
Double check all your connections from box to tv and give it a reboot.

allivnotsa
26th September, 2010, 12:12 PM
already did what you suggested, rebooted many times connections all ok.still same result no pic no sound great s and q.

allivnotsa
26th September, 2010, 06:22 PM
got it working now really dont know why, but after 10 days it works! thanx for you input lads, will need more info in due course.

shamusbhoy
27th September, 2010, 02:43 PM
Glad you got it sorted m8, pity you don't know exactly what the prob was, maybe a setting?, oh well suppose we've all been there.

allivnotsa
27th September, 2010, 06:58 PM
must have been my lucky day yesterday box working and we beat the dingles 2-1 away lol.seriously though thanx to yourself shamusbhoy, mept1 and everyone else for your help, i am just starting out on the road of linux so any help of you guys along the way will be much appreciated, thanx again.

andiewill
28th September, 2010, 01:14 PM
Nice one mate that you have got it going, it took a while i know but this is where the fun sorts of starts, now sit back and enjoy..... :-)

lonegunman
29th September, 2010, 01:30 AM
Ok,same problem,strong signal etc but gettting nothing not even free view running edg 4.4 tgm220, any clues peoples.

andiewill
29th September, 2010, 01:42 AM
Ok,same problem,strong signal etc but gettting nothing not even free view running edg 4.4 tgm220, any clues peoples.

Have you loaded your CCcam 2.14 ?

lonegunman
29th September, 2010, 08:43 AM
No,did not think i needed to as i am using it as just a freeview box for now but will try it.

lonegunman
29th September, 2010, 10:00 AM
Any chance of one of you guys doing a back up and uploading it for me?make sure you have removed your cline of couse,many thanks.

mept1
29th September, 2010, 03:41 PM
PERSONALY i would stick with the original itgate images v8 and above,..tried and tested.

lonegunman
29th September, 2010, 04:31 PM
Thats what i have on the box V8 the ireland one,strange thing is the box will not find the internet but i can ftp into it,yet write a diffrent image to the box and i can download bits of the net,going to have my play time later but just strange.

andiewill
29th September, 2010, 10:43 PM
To connect to the internet through the router you need to have dhcp ticked, and to ftp, load new image etc you need to have your ip settings set.

So for your box to have internet connection you need to have your dhcp checked when connected to the router to download the extras direct from the box.

lonegunman
30th September, 2010, 12:28 AM
All that is fine as i am a old dbox2 user,it just seems that V8 i have will not connect,will have more play time later,a kind soul on here has given my a diffrent image to try so off to do that now.

lonegunman
30th September, 2010, 09:07 AM
Well after testing a diffrent image still not showing services when scanned,kinda lost now,have d/j cccam and achannel list but still now,strage thing is i get wrong data transmittied when i choose one of the channels from a downloaded list.

shamusbhoy
30th September, 2010, 02:06 PM
Yeh does that sometimes with me but if you pick a channel on a different sat then back again that usually solves it.

lonegunman
30th September, 2010, 06:20 PM
Going to have a better play later tonight and over the weekend to see if i can sort this out,can't see why it don't work,hay ho anyway got my openbox s9 up and running this morning,not a bad little box for the price,just need to sort out the channel list,cheers for the image again and for any more info people.

allivnotsa
1st October, 2010, 01:51 PM
hi everyone, just a few observations since getting my tuner working, tuner is not as sensative as my tm6800hd some channels a good 10% difference in signal quality and strength.Lonegunman, i reinstalled my tuner 3 or 4 times with no joy and then all of a sudden it worked, one thing i did do was clean the contacts on the tuner with a cotton bud soaked in isopropyl alcohol, even though the tuner was new it looked like it needed a clean. another thing i still get no joy in ftp cccam over the box just dont find it, tried extra.url site and that seems down.is there anything clearing with cams and keys on these boxes?.

shamusbhoy
1st October, 2010, 07:09 PM
Had the same problem with cccam on v7.9 but now running v9 and downloads cams, keys, channel lists no bother via blue button.If you want to try it give us a shout.Most of us have just moved over to the sat side and still learning but hopefully more experienced guys on the forum will help.

lonegunman
2nd October, 2010, 03:16 PM
seems given it a clean is just the ticket,gave the gold comtacts a clean and put it back in the box and channels,hell yer,so just done a reset and rescaning as i type,just need to pop the lid back on and i am ready to go,thanks for all your help people.

allivnotsa
2nd October, 2010, 08:47 PM
glad to hear that lonegunman, thanx shamusbhoy for the offer.i found the new blue panel download extra.url, Directory Listing of // (http://extra.comoj.com/) works great, downloaded cccam 2.1.4 now what other cams do i need to get some channels on other than fta.

mept1
3rd October, 2010, 08:54 AM
To view non fta,..with YOU downloaded cccam214 you now need clines,.. as we discussed earlier in this thread.

allivnotsa
3rd October, 2010, 01:17 PM
i have found a server, but dont know how to set this up, any help? apologies if this request is not allowed.

andiewill
3rd October, 2010, 01:40 PM
glad to hear that lonegunman, thanx shamusbhoy for the offer.i found the new blue panel download extra.url, Directory Listing of // (http://extra.comoj.com/) works great, downloaded cccam 2.1.4 now what other cams do i need to get some channels on other than fta.

Did the extra url ftp to box work on which version 7.9, 8.0 ? or did you use v9.0 ?

allivnotsa
3rd October, 2010, 02:16 PM
andiewill, i am using edg nemesis 4.4, and it worked no problem.

andiewill
3rd October, 2010, 03:03 PM
andiewill, i am using edg nemesis 4.4, and it worked no problem.

Ahh that makes sence ? tried it in ur V8 ireland but still no joy for me with the download latest control panle to access cams everything else works ? i will give v9 a try as soon as i get a bit of time, but all is working on v8 image after manual install of the Cccam / config file by ftp so why fix what is not broken lol....

mept1
3rd October, 2010, 06:44 PM
Am i missing somthing here,...sounds like your using diffrent images?,..but your agreing with each others comments?
andie what image are you using?v8 i,m assuming?

andiewill
3rd October, 2010, 07:16 PM
Am i missing somthing here,...sounds like your using diffrent images?,..but your agreing with each others comments?
andie what image are you using?v8 i,m assuming?

Yes v8 (ireland).... OK i best make sense of this and yes you are correct two different images, i thought allivnotsa was using a UR image untill allivnotsa stated what image was being used.

But i have had a read on many forums prior to allivnotsa answer, and it states that you can ftp the updated url used for the edg nenisis over to the itgate, tm 9100 and dreambox's ? So i thought i would give this new url update a go (which was not nessary) to see if that would connect and download the contol panle to access the up to date cams, emus, etc... ?

The reason why i tried this even thoe my box is running fine with all the stuff needed ie:- image, cam, config filess.... i had to ftp the cam files manually over to the box as i could never get it to update the latest contol panel to access the latest cccam 2.14.

And i also like to tinker with stuff :-)

But it never worked all else seems to connect and download such as skins, bouquets, plug ins like as before on the original url.... when i have time i will try v8.5 and v9.0 to see which fears better, but just to clarify v8 (ireland) is running fine.

mept1
3rd October, 2010, 07:48 PM
ok with you,.....so you can view other than fta as well?

andiewill
3rd October, 2010, 09:26 PM
ok with you,.....so you can view other than fta as well?

Oh yeah, that's why i am messing around abit now that i have it set up how i like it say to speak :flute:

pantomime horse
27th November, 2010, 10:41 PM
PERSONALY i would stick with the original itgate images v8 and above,..tried and tested.

I'm running a 200 with sat tuner on version 7.9 and everything seems fine there

redondo5
6th December, 2010, 11:38 PM
OK, i had the same problem as the OP a few months back - so i left my itgate alone for a while. Now it seems guys have resolved this problem of seeing no services even though it finds transponders. was using ireland image v8 and also sat tuner from spainish website.

so what is the definitive solution for this problem? is it the image that needs changing or the tuner that needs to be cleaned or do we need to have channel lists updated?

like i mentioned the problem is a search on sat 28e finds many transponders but zero services.

redondo5
19th January, 2011, 01:34 AM
Just an update on this..... in case anybody else stumbles upon this thread...

I solved the problem by inserting the tuner into the slot but leaving some room i.e. not fully pushing the tuner in. i left it so you could see some of the gold contacts (about 1mm). The tuners from spain seem to have longer gold contacts that go up the board further than other tuners....from the 2 sat tuners i observed anyway.

maybe cleaning the contacts works as well.... but i found after several tests.... it depends on how far you push the tuner down the slot. if using the spanish tuner and you get no services only transponders upon scan..... then lift the tuner very very slightly up - out of the slot, so it's still secure but not fully wedged in.