PDA

View Full Version : Fiar Bravo 2007 instrument cluster exchange

juzek
11th September, 2010, 05:50 PM
Hi,
From Fiat Bravo'2007 there was stolen instrument cluster, I have another intrument cluster but when I plug it into car, then odometer still blinks and function of disabling pasenger airbag not working (it is still neutralized). When I look onto parameters using Reflex Plus in CAN CONFIG there is'nt active instrument. Communication with intrument cluster also is immposible (tried with genuine Reflex and genuine KTS). Any idea how to make "visible" in CAN Network this used before in another car instrument cluster and after that make it valid configurured in CAN BCM? I saw that in this car is mounted third party ALARM on 100% based on CAN network (mayby used cluster should be visible at all, and reason that it is'nt is that ALARM box (with as i think can lines attached/detatched)? Someone could give me a hint, please?

yellowstilo
11th September, 2010, 08:22 PM
i guess you have to perform a so-called Proxy Alignment procedure with the Examiner tester - this copies the configuration stored in the body computer to the instrument cluster .
After this procedure the cluster will have the same options as the previous one.
The blinking indicates a unknown / wrong configured node was found on the CAN-bus.
You also can perform a cluster replacement procedure to adjust the mileage and service data but you can only write a higher or equal mileage value, not lower.
I think the alarm has nothing to do with this problem.

tsubby
11th September, 2010, 08:44 PM
Yes, the new cluster needs the PROXI procedure executed by Examiner.

The only problem is, when the new cluster is incompatible with the car (es. car is JTD, and the exchange cluster is from a petrol car)

juzek
12th September, 2010, 07:29 AM
Reflex tester has ability to perform Proxi Aligment (and I was performed that procedure in other cars before with positve results). But in this one I have, proxi alligment cannot be performed because of the "not active" one from CAN modules is (as show of the Reflex Plus screen) not active (technically the same as not in the car mounted - so is I suppose the reason that there is no comminication with unit (cluster). I think, I must search that the contuinuity of can wires from cluster plug to body computer is'nt break.
Thank You yellowstilo, and tsubby for helping me. If You will have any idea, please it share with me.
Once more Thank You.
regards.

tsubby
12th September, 2010, 05:32 PM
Reflex tester has ability to perform Proxi Aligment (and I was performed that procedure in other cars before with positve results). But in this one I have, proxi alligment cannot be performed because of the "not active" one from CAN modules is (as show of the Reflex Plus screen) not active (technically the same as not in the car mounted - so is I suppose the reason that there is no comminication with unit (cluster). I think, I must search that the contuinuity of can wires from cluster plug to body computer is'nt break.
Thank You yellowstilo, and tsubby for helping me. If You will have any idea, please it share with me.
Once more Thank You.
regards.

So if I understood it well: the tester says, that the instrument cluster is an inactive node?

One problem could be, that there are two types of body computer: from 2006 summer there is a new one built in. This uses also the B-CAN to communicate with instrument, radio etc, but the protocoll is different. So if your car is an old one, and the cluster is newer, there can be a problem. Or vice versa. So check the production date of the car and the production of the instrument.
I doubt that it would be wiring problem, since the B-CAN can communicate even when there is only one wire left of the two.

juzek
12th September, 2010, 06:52 PM
Yes, tsubby - you understood me very well (even with my poor english - thanks). On windows glases there are 2007 in the car. Tuner/CD/Blue&Me/Navi showing on display in the middle of instrument cluster quite properly.. As I wroted earlier only Passenger asistant AirBag disabling/enabling won't work and total odometer blinks (and offcourse cluster is not visible in can network). Morning (on Monday) I will check production date of the car, and this secondhand cluster. Does the "new" Brovos be builded earlier than 2007year? In Reflex (and in KTS - not for sure but probably too) there is in menu position called BRAVO2007. Thank You once more for sharing Your knowledge with me - its very interesting and valuiable.
Regards

tsubby
12th September, 2010, 07:21 PM
Yes, tsubby - you understood me very well (even with my poor english - thanks). On windows glases there are 2007 in the car. Tuner/CD/Blue&Me/Navi showing on display in the middle of instrument cluster quite properly.. As I wroted earlier only Passenger asistant AirBag disabling/enabling won't work and total odometer blinks (and offcourse cluster is not visible in can network). Morning (on Monday) I will check production date of the car, and this secondhand cluster. Does the "new" Brovos be builded earlier than 2007year? In Reflex (and in KTS - not for sure but probably too) there is in menu position called BRAVO2007. Thank You once more for sharing Your knowledge with me - its very interesting and valuiable.
Regards
Sorry, I was stupid, because I (don't know why) thought that we are speaking of Stilo, not Bravo. I don't know if the Bravo has only one body computer or more, but I will check it anyway.

tsubby
12th September, 2010, 07:38 PM
The Bravo has several body computer modifications and several clusters. So there can also be incompatibility (I am not sure, but better to check it.)
Try to find the part number of the cluster, and I try to check if it is new or old.

juzek
13th September, 2010, 03:15 PM
OK with Yours help problem solved. Somebody switched wires in wiring (pin that lead (+) "30" was switched with pin "TRIP" (booth has the same colours). Probably when theft was made with sciccors, somoene after that repair wiring and switched this pair of wires.
Tank You tsubby and yellowstilo for Your time and support.
Regards

tsubby
14th September, 2010, 08:57 AM
You are welcome