PDA

View Full Version : Andriod

cunny
11th September, 2010, 09:20 PM
With more phones running google's Andriod operating system, could we have a section in the Phones/PDA section to accomadate these handets?

There are also tablets out later this year with the operating system on it. So why not make this to support the growing market

xant14
11th September, 2010, 09:22 PM
I second that motion. Speaking of motions, in the words of gmb, 'brb, I need a dump'.

satsmo
11th September, 2010, 09:28 PM
I hate android phones...........

Sent from my x10 that has replaced my wife lol

cunny
11th September, 2010, 09:44 PM
I hate android phones...........

Sent from my x10 that has replaced my wife lol

lol they are good little things aint they, very suprised on them when my galaxy S turned up other night :D

satsmo
11th September, 2010, 09:51 PM
I am still envious of the era when we used carrier pigeons and quills, technology has made it impossible for one to walk out the door and say I will be back whenever :)

Still lurve the androids though, sorry for the ambiguity but I love to hate techno.

cunny
11th September, 2010, 09:52 PM
Well we have an iphone section in the apple part, why not an andriod section for us driods lol

satsmo
11th September, 2010, 09:59 PM
Android is amalgamated into this section PDA and Mobile Devices (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f53/) maybe start a dedicated thread there and keep it updated?

Or are you looking for a specific section dedicated to android? I would like to see one but it's up to Admin, would it be a busy section that is regularly posted in or does the PDA section already cover this?

If memory serves me I think we were asked about this a while back?

cunny
11th September, 2010, 10:03 PM
Not sure m8, maybe just a sticky inside the PDA section? Just to see how it goes, if becomes popular maybe its own section?, as said in 1st post, there's gonna be tablets out running Andriod OS, so could well take off, may not, least it covered in the PDA section

satsmo
11th September, 2010, 10:06 PM
Stick a decent android specific thread in there and point me towards it and I will sticky it. I would as said, like to subscribe/post to it :)

cunny
11th September, 2010, 10:09 PM
Without its own section hard to see what we'd want, fav apps or just a thread all andriod related stuff in here please! (wont that need its own section?)

satsmo
11th September, 2010, 10:16 PM
Try a sticky thread first and if it grows maybe we can the move it to it's own section if approved?

cunny
11th September, 2010, 10:20 PM
Posted here mate http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f53/all-andriod-related-issues-tips-here-please-159744/

satsmo
11th September, 2010, 10:28 PM
Stuck, lets see how it goes :)

.: JaCkPoT :.
12th September, 2010, 01:37 AM
symbian for a tramp like me (:
oh and windows mobile on my htc, wanna convert it to android but im scared lol, its possible tho ..

opsmonkey
12th September, 2010, 01:59 AM
get an iphone gypos..!!!

aftermath
12th September, 2010, 11:35 AM
get an iphone gypos..!!!

yep, i second that, lol

satsmo
12th September, 2010, 02:33 PM
At least we are open source gypos and not objectice C snobs.

Shite I have become a phone nerd lol

Devilfish
12th September, 2010, 02:42 PM
We'll see how the thread performs and if there's a big enough interest, I don't see a problem creating a dedicated forum.

But see what action the thread gets first.

cunny
12th September, 2010, 04:28 PM
get an iphone gypos..!!!

i seconds satsmo statement:D

dedge_10
14th October, 2010, 03:53 PM
I second that aswell.
and when is official uk LG Android 2.1 due.
I have the LG GT540 android v.1.6
there is a baltic 2.1 version out, but no uk 2.1 rom as yet. you can update with the baltic 2.1 version would would rather have uk,
LG says i will be available soon but have been saying this for a while. Here is the instruction on how to use the baltic rom.
-----------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE:
According to the folks over at MoDaCo and in Russia, it is now available.

Firstly, if you don't want to lose the information in your current apps, download ASTRO File Manager and back up all your Application data. Then you can download them all again and have the settings etc. you had before.

1. Download, save and extract the following to the desktop:

KDZ File: http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/GT540/ABALBK/V20B_00/V20B_00.kdz
KDZ FW UPdater: ????????????? ????????????? (http://files.gameworld.kz/5p8mpt3f1n.html)
LG Android Driver: ????????????? ????????????? (http://files.gameworld.kz/c5z46n1ukk.html)

2. Install LG Android Driver.
3. On your phone, go to Settings > Applications > Development and set phone into debugging.
4. Connect phone via USB Cable.
5. Run Windows Enabler from the file you extracted above, and when it appears in the Task Bar (Bottom right) click the icon in the task bar ONCE, and it will display as 'On.'
6. Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe. Select 3GQCT in the drop-down menu, which is greyed out. Then Browse to where the KDZ 2.1 file is. (Desktop? V20B_00.kdz) Press the long button just above the information screen, and leave it for a good five to ten minutes. Your phone will enter Emergency Mode two or three times, however you need not do anything. Do not unplug it, do not power your computer down and don't interrupt the process. Your phone will start up completely formatted, and when the KDZ updater has finished, you can unplug your phone and use it again, with 2.1 installed.

Once done, you can delete all files off your desktop and uninstall whatever you don't need to use again
End Quote:

Devilfish
22nd May, 2011, 10:01 PM
OK...I'm quite happy to create an android section. But which categories would you like? Looking through some dedicated android forums and picking the most active/popular, this is what I've got...

Android
>>Android Discussions
>>Android Applications
>>Android Development

Anything that should be added or taken out?

satsmo
22nd May, 2011, 10:14 PM
Could you please put this existing thread http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f53/all-andriod-related-issues-tips-here-please-159744/index7.html into the discussion section DF?

It contains quite a lot of useful posts, links, etc, pertaining to android.

How about a review sub section, might be useful for those looking at getting an android phone? A tablet section may be too early but looks like it could be the next big thing.

Shady
22nd May, 2011, 10:15 PM
OK...I'm quite happy to create an android section. But which categories would you like? Looking through some dedicated android forums and picking the most active/popular, this is what I've got...

Android
>>Android Discussions
>>Android Applications
>>Android Development

Anything that should be added or taken out?

would deffo like a section in downloads for apps :)

Devilfish
22nd May, 2011, 10:48 PM
So it would be...

Android
>>Android Discussions
>>Android Applications
>>Android Development
>>Android Reviews
>>Android Tablets

???

GastonJ
22nd May, 2011, 10:50 PM
If we have one for tablets, shouldn't there be one for android phones? :)

satsmo
22nd May, 2011, 10:51 PM
Looks good to me. We can appease Gas too I suppose :)

Devilfish
22nd May, 2011, 11:26 PM
I thought the whole section was for android phones?

cunny
23rd May, 2011, 04:21 AM
Thanks for creating this, however,, i tend to agree with gaston, if there is a section for tablets then why not 1 for phones?

Tablets have differant features ect just as phones do, plus i think the phone section would be most popular

Devilfish
23rd May, 2011, 09:00 PM
Like I said, I thought the whole section was for android phones? I was planning to create a 'Mobile Devices' tab or something like that and put the Apple and Android sections in it.

Would it be better if we didn't have a tablet section.

mickydibble
24th May, 2011, 10:49 AM
i would rather it had its own section in the main forum as the apple store does, such as "android store",if possible -if not then a tab would be ok but then what about the pda mobile forum? thnx micky

SouthernComfort
24th May, 2011, 01:46 PM
Just a suggestion,

General Android
Development
Downloads
Devices

Each with subcategory's, should cover most topics but remain neat.

Devilfish
24th May, 2011, 09:55 PM
Don't worry, it will have it's own section just like the apple section, it's just the subforums that we need to iron out.

cunny
25th May, 2011, 08:41 AM
How about

General discussion
Mobile phones
Tablets
Development
Applications

Or just let tablets have its own sub section

Devilfish
25th May, 2011, 10:26 PM
So would you prefer if it was a global android section covering all devices rather than just for phones?

mickydibble
26th May, 2011, 01:14 AM
So would you prefer if it was a global android section covering all devices rather than just for phones?

Absolutely, but I imagine phones to be the top one or the most hits right now ! But then all the sub forums as well.
I imagine this to get the biggest interest in the future . Micky

cunny
26th May, 2011, 07:39 AM

What ever is decided, I think its needed with the ammount of devices running andriod on the market now.

Thinking about it, i think just a 'global 1' would suffice, ie 2.2 froyo was released to tablets and mobile phones. If users want a 'hardware specific' then we could think about splitting it up.

On the other hand we could have :

Andriod Mobile
Andriod Tablet
Andriod Development
General Discussion
Applications

Devilfish
31st May, 2011, 09:05 PM
I'd be inclined to ditch the general section now and try to keep specific topics in their own section and try to cover all bases with maybe 3 or 4 sections?

Is one section for Applications ok? Can mobile apps run on tablets and vice versa? If not, I can make a prefix for mobile and tablets.

cunny
31st May, 2011, 09:15 PM
I think they can. I have never personally used an andriod tablet but running it on my phone. What ever is decided I think it could be reviewed at a later date to see if its suffice?

When are you thinking of making the new section(s) live?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

SouthernComfort
31st May, 2011, 10:49 PM
Is one section for Applications ok? Can mobile apps run on tablets and vice versa? If not, I can make a prefix for mobile and tablets.

As things progress, I think there will be a noticeable difference between the two. Many apps will be designed to run on only one or the other.

Devilfish
1st June, 2011, 08:39 PM
So would everyone be ok with...

Android Mobile Phones
Android Tablets
Android Applications
Android Development

Can be altered if need be.

cunny
1st June, 2011, 09:18 PM
I am for sure:)

mickydibble
3rd June, 2011, 08:21 AM
That sounds perfect,:)

fireblade1
3rd June, 2011, 07:10 PM
sound good mate. :)

fireblade.

Devilfish
3rd June, 2011, 08:43 PM
Now created! :)

Can you all see it ok? It's under the Main Forums tab on the default style.

cunny
3rd June, 2011, 08:48 PM
Thanks DF :)

gmb45
3rd June, 2011, 08:50 PM
yep see it on default :top:

SouthernComfort
3rd June, 2011, 09:50 PM
Looks pretty, thanks to all involved, it's appreciated.

Devilfish
1st September, 2011, 05:48 PM
It's not really taking off as well as I'd hoped.

Would be good if we had some more guides or tutorials, things that we know are popular searches in Google and will bring in the traffic.

I've attached the top keyword searches relating to 'android' for anyone to have a wee squiz.