PDA

View Full Version : All Andriod related Issues/Tips in here Please

cunny
11th September, 2010, 10:19 PM
Ok lets try to see if there are a few of us users using Andriod. So lets put all tips, recomended apps, news on handsets/tablets ect in here for now.

Cheers

Cunny

satsmo
11th September, 2010, 10:27 PM
Stuck, lets see how it goes :)

How about best apps used? My favourite at the moment is slideit ( Slideit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slideit) ) beta, what a difference it makes to standard texting.

So many apps I cant choose which are the best, but I have quite a long list.

cunny
11th September, 2010, 10:28 PM
Get a small list going satsmo, my lad at moment loves the talking cat lol, only got phone on thursday but i must say am very impressed, and just downloaded loads of apps for it off the net, will be busy looking thro them soon enough lol

satsmo
11th September, 2010, 10:36 PM
Get rooting :) Soccer scores is another great free app. The list is endless dependent on your tastes and the fun is in the browsing.

Try out the dreambox app :)

cunny
11th September, 2010, 10:37 PM
Dreambox app, not seen that but off looking now lol

xant14
11th September, 2010, 11:26 PM
I loves the talking cat lol, only got phone on thursday but i must say am very impressed lol

Your impressed with a talking cat cunny? :roflmao:

err, mine and my little lasses favourite is Barbie Puzzle, a jigsaw of different Barbie poses.. tell no one!

Fuzzies is a lemmings game, alright when I am waiting in the car or whatever.

Google Goggles is brilliant, and will be better as the database builds up. take a snap of something, a barcode, the eiffel tower, a can of Stella etc, and it will tell you all about it.

Google Skymap is cracking, if you look like Patrick Moore that is.

GPS Test is a neat little program, you can go into settings and change the scale grids, so you can see your location as a longitude/latitude, or change it to Ordance Survey grid ref. Or a multitude of other standards that I haven't a clue about. Handy if you want picking up from the gutter after a skinfull.

HulloMail, I am using for my voicemail, seeing as T-Mob are charging now to call their voicemail service. I get free landline calls, so it is saving me about three quid a month.

Google Maps, along with the Navigation program, is a must. As good as any Sat Nag, but this one you can search say a business out, and then set the address in Navigation.. Brilliant.
The other week I had to go to a farm, (Long story, I swapped a chicken hutch for a load of free range meat) I put the farm name in google maps, and then set it to navigate.. you show me a tomtom that would find a farm!

Pkt Auctions ebay, an ebay app so you can still buy your tat when your out and about.

RAC Traffic.. speaks for itself.

SECuRET.. set your phone up and then go look on any computer on your wi-fi network to err, monitor the baby, or if you have lodgers.. well.

Voice Search, for when you need to do some googling while at the wheel. Naughty I know.

WiFi File Explorer .. An app so you can browse your phone from a computer.

Astro, what I use on my phone to search for files, especially the downloaded 'cheap' apps.

And my favourite at the minute..
XBMC Remote.. controls my HTPC.. and I am loving it.

~~~~ing talking cat..:roflmao: ffs

cunny
12th September, 2010, 09:28 AM
Your impressed with a talking cat cunny? :roflmao:

No you half wit the phone lol.

I have just downloaded loads of apps of the internet so gonna be flicking through thro them at some point.

But wont mind the full app of the talking cat :roflmao:

xant14
12th September, 2010, 12:54 PM
~~~~ing cat :roflmao: quite good actually... for 5 mins!
Bet one member on here won't be using this section. Bulldog!
He is into antiquated handmedowns. Philistine lol
He thinks HTC is something that gets treated down his local clap clinic.
oh ~~~~ me... F1 grand prix on... got an F1 calendar app on here too and I still nearly missed it.
laterz

StankCheeze
13th September, 2010, 07:53 PM
LauncherPro is my favorite launcher app. Made me get rid of Sense on my HTC. If you're like me and love the clock/weather on Sense, google Fancy Widget 1.3.0 and download that, it got taken off the Android Market cuz HTC complained.

xant14
14th September, 2010, 09:28 PM
Had a quick look at Launcherpro.. but tbh, I don't mind my standard, sense interface. And my weather app on my Desire is ok.
Not knocking Launcherpro, a lot of good reviews on it, but I will give it a miss, unless you convince me otherwise. :)

jonesy118
14th September, 2010, 11:31 PM
as good as Google maps and navigation is, sometimes going through areas of GPRS signal (no 3G or HSDPA) downloading and rendering of the maps sometimes can't keep up.

I have co-pilot (cracked) it's offline, (all maps stored on SD card, so no issues like those mentioned above) let me know if you want to try it, and i'll upload on rapidsare or something.

BBC news widget is a good 2x1 widget, and loads of different feeds to choose from (mine always set on football)

I've also installed Swype keyboard on my desire, after using it on the galaxyS and liking it. makes typing so much quicker.

xant14
15th September, 2010, 09:13 AM
as good as Google maps and navigation is, sometimes going through areas of GPRS signal (no 3G or HSDPA) downloading and rendering of the maps sometimes can't keep up.

I have co-pilot (cracked) it's offline,.

Ahh, didn't realise google navigation relied on gprs reception, I have had no issues when it is on the navigation screen. I must have been in a good area.

Yes I would be interested in Co Pilot, How big a file is it?
Cheers

jonesy118
15th September, 2010, 11:18 AM
Ahh, didn't realise google navigation relied on gprs reception, I have had no issues when it is on the navigation screen. I must have been in a good area.

Yes I would be interested in Co Pilot, How big a file is it?
Cheers

Well it's generally ok, because it caches the required maps and directions before you start your journey. It's usually when I decide to ignore the satnav and take a little detour, that it sometimes struggles re-routing and bringing up the correct maps. (just shows my location in the middle of a blank screen)

I think co-pilot itself is about 15-20 meg, but then when you've installed the app, it then asks which country maps to install, and voices etc.. all that data saves to your SD card though.

I'm at work at the moment, but I'll dig it out later when I'm back home

jonesy118
15th September, 2010, 07:18 PM
xant14.. heres fully registered easytether. It's an older version, but you just need to install it to generate a serial

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/419242010/com.mstream.easytether_polyclef.v0.9.3.apk)

Uninstall current copy, install this one, go to menu and view the generated 5 digit serial code, (write this down as you'll need it later), uninstall this and go to market and download easytether ( latest version is 0.9.10) go into settings and enter the serial that you generated earlier on the old version I've uploaded to RS above.

Also here's the link for cracked copilot:
RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/385593300/copilot_8.0.0.606-androboost4.apk)

This will allow you to install copilot, then you can go ahead from inside the app to select which maps and voices to install.

There are newer versions out there, but they don't allow downloading of the maps from inside the app, so you have to find them from other sources, so I'd suggest installing this version and using it to get all the maps you need onto SD card. You can then go ahead and install a never version of the core app.

xant14
16th September, 2010, 08:19 PM
Hey nice one Jonesy. Cracking stuff m8 thanks.
Just downloaded one file on free Rapid, so will have to wait for the other.
Brilliant stuff mate.. and all I can offer you is the full cracked talking cat app lol
RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/419450833/Talking_Tom_Cat_Pro__V1.0_Cracked__AnDrOiD.rar)

If you don't want this I think I know a man that is easily pleased.

:top:

jonesy118
16th September, 2010, 08:31 PM
erm... who on earth spent time cracking talking cat!

I think I'll pass.

I'll upload FIFA shortly

jonesy118
16th September, 2010, 08:40 PM
Fifa 10

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/419454934/com.eamobile.Fifa.v1.0.40.apk)

xant14
16th September, 2010, 08:45 PM
Fifa 10

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/419454934/com.eamobile.Fifa.v1.0.40.apk)

Nice one jonesy.
Another good link. Taking my laptop for repair Saturday, so hopefully I will give the tether a go next week. In the meantime, I can play footie. :top:

jonesy118
16th September, 2010, 08:49 PM
I've completed asphalt 5.

It's a pretty big game, 12 citys, 4 events in each (mixture of races, drift comps, cop case mode, last man standin etc)

end up with about 35-40 cars.

haven't got it to upload though i'm afraid, as it was before I got my 2.2 update

swype keyboard as found on GalaxyS for super fast typing.
http://rapidshare.com/files/419457164/swype.wvga-1.56.apk

this is for WVGA displays so great for HTC Desire

xant14
17th September, 2010, 09:03 AM
Co-pilot is great. excellent program. Cameras included too, bonus.
Cheers again.

xant14
4th October, 2010, 11:21 AM
here is a car app for android, rather good, and co-pilot can be added to the shortcut menu too.
Carhome, and carhome launcher. This is not available on the UK market yet, just America. No idea why.

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Android Car Home (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/satellite/13/android-car-home-1368/)

Dolphin 6
15th November, 2010, 01:39 AM
I run iGo MyWay & NDrive, both stand alone GPS systems on my Galaxy S.

I find iGo MyWay to be very good, with lane guidance and up to date maps & POI's.

As for the Aps:

Games - Sandstorm, Deer Hunter & Big Sport Fishing, Gem Miner for a longer challenge, Bejewled, Collapse, Backgammon and a number of card games for the shorter challenge.

TV-Guide - uses the web to update.
Dish Pointer - Handy if setting up a Sat Dish.
Survival Manual - Taken from the USA military survival handbook.
Golf Card - For those that want help on the golf course.

These are just a few I have running on my phone.

D

xant14
15th November, 2010, 01:45 AM
I run iGo MyWay & NDrive, both stand alone GPS systems on my Galaxy S.

I find iGo MyWay to be very good, with lane guidance and up to date maps & POI's.

These are just a few I have running on my phone.

D

Good ones mate... any chance of a link to igo Myway or the Ndrive apps?
I cannot get copilot to work now.
Google maps navigate is good, but I read in STUFF Mag, that a return trip from Calais to Marseille would cost ?262 in data charges... hmm, so am interested in a standalone device.

Thanks for the input btw

scotty_dotty
15th November, 2010, 09:26 AM
Hi guys. Getting the galaxy tab for Xmas and been looking into the rooting stuff. Never used android before, but have my iPod jailbroken etc. Is it relatively safe to root the tab without damaging the units o.s and software? And how easy is it to remove if I did have an issue with the tab under the manufacturers g?

Cheers

Dolphin 6
15th November, 2010, 10:56 PM
Good ones mate... any chance of a link to igo Myway or the Ndrive apps?
I cannot get copilot to work now.
Google maps navigate is good, but I read in STUFF Mag, that a return trip from Calais to Marseille would cost ?262 in data charges... hmm, so am interested in a standalone device.I'm sticking links up now, will pm you when done........... Check your pm now m8.

Which country maps do you want?

As i said above iGo is great, have even given up using my TomTom and use this all the time.
It's even better when abroad as you are not using "Data Roaming" just the stand alone GPS which costs nothing but battery power. You can even use it walking with a set of headphones plugged in.

D

Dolphin 6
15th November, 2010, 10:57 PM
Here's a step by step of how to get iGo MyWay going on a Samsung Galaxy S:

First get your hands on the following:

a) iGOMyWay_8.4.2.139242_JMX_tangbohu_jnorbi.apk
b) iGo folder containing the following sub folders - Licence & Content
c) Content folder should contain the following sub folders - Lang, Map, Voice, Building, Car, Dem, POI &
Speedcam.
d) Place your country map in the folder iGo/Content/Map - this should be a ".fbl" file, it should NOT be inside
any other folder.
e) Put voices file in iGo/Content/Voice - this should be a ".Zip" file.
f) Fill out the other folders with whatever is needed e.g. Languages in iGo/Contene/Lang etc.

Next Connect the phone to your PC and do the following.

1) Copy the file "iGOMyWay_8.4.2.139242_JMX_tangbohu_jnorbi.apk" and the folder "iGo" which should contain the
Sub Folders "Licence" & "Content" to your Samsung Galaxy S by whichever means you can - I used Windows Explorer
but you can also use the Samsung program "Kies".
2) This puts the files in a folder called "Samsung" on the phone - and this is where all the problems arise - you
must disconnect the phone from the PC, open "My Files", open "Samsung" press and hold down on the folder called
"iGo" until a menu comes up asking you if you want to Delete, Move, Copy or Rename the file. Click on "Move" and
then click on "Move Here" (button on the bottom left hand corner), it should then move the folder to what's known
as the internal SD card. Now do the same with the file "iGOMyWay_8.4.2.139242_JMX_tangbohu_jnorbi.apk".
3)Now click on the file "iGOMyWay_8.4.2.139242_JMX_tangbohu_jnorbi.apk" and the phone finds the program and maps
and you should have shortcut placed in the "Apps" folder for you.
4) The iGo folder should end up on the same level as the following system folders
Samsung
bluetooth
Android
SD
5) All thats left is to put a shortcut on the main screen and use it.

D

halau
20th November, 2010, 06:10 PM
Not sure if in right post but will try here as its android phone (HTC desire hd)

anyway got it today and have gon through set up and have got to email, what i want to know is if i link my email accounts onto it will that mean when i get home and access my pc they will not come through there (outlook)

no1male
28th November, 2010, 06:16 PM
Not sure if in right post but will try here as its android phone (HTC desire hd)

anyway got it today and have gon through set up and have got to email, what i want to know is if i link my email accounts onto it will that mean when i get home and access my pc they will not come through there (outlook)

All depends how you configure the mail application. You can have it delete the mail from the server or leave a copy on the server.

I too have the Desire HD, Rooted with S-Off, Recovery and LeeDROID Custom ROM.

Amazing Phone. I Had a Hero before and Android is truly stunning

tshirtman
1st December, 2010, 10:05 PM
Angry birds Christmas edition is now on appbrain for free download,
not out for iphone yet :thefinger:

Angry Birds Seasons - Android app on AppBrain (http://www.appbrain.com/app/angry-birds-seasons/com.rovio.angrybirdsseasons)

alladdin
1st December, 2010, 11:14 PM
is there a way to get these aps onto my se x10mini pro on A2.1 ? as i understand i need 2.2 for direct sd card instalation ? cheers.

cunny
1st December, 2010, 11:16 PM
is there a way to get these aps onto my se x10mini pro on A2.1 ? as i understand i need 2.2 for direct sd card instalation ? cheers.

am running 2.1 on galaxy s, you need a file manager. And also allow instalations from unknown sources

the man
8th December, 2010, 02:23 AM
thinking of getting a tablets http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/344601633-10-2-ZT-180-ePad-Android-2-1-Tablet-PC-wholesalers.html
iv used ipad and want to know if theres a way to get all the apps free like on the ipad , how good is market?
will tomtom work on 2.1? epad?

if it on 2.1 will i need to pay to upgrade it in time?

if we had a forum on this it would help ne guys like me o understand the android thing

Cronus
9th December, 2010, 01:13 AM
Just got my 1st android phone. Orange San Francisco running lite 2.1

Whats the best way to get rid of apps you don't want running? Put a custom rom on it but there is still stuff I don't really want,any way to get rid?

the man
9th December, 2010, 02:22 AM
this any good guys?
Wholesale 10.2" ZT 180 ePad Android 2.1 Tablet PC (http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/344601633-10-2-ZT-180-ePad-Android-2-1-Tablet-PC-wholesalers.html)

or this one
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/803232/210287612-375504540/GPS-tablet-PC-X220-with-256MB-RAM-2GB-Memory-HD-Webcam-android-2-1-system-China.html

lusephur
10th December, 2010, 09:41 PM

Whats the best way to get rid of apps you don't want running? Put a custom rom on it but there is still stuff I don't really want,any way to get rid?

What apps? Core system apps requires a little tinkering and fingercrossing.
other apps, well,
press menu -->settings --> applications --> manage applications --> wait for the list to finish loading/computing--> scrol to what you don't want and select --> and select uninstall.
This is of couse for apps not appearing in the download section of the market and used at your own risk.
Before you doanything though, since you are using a custom rom, boot into recovery first and do a nandroid backup, this will save the phone in it's current state, very handy for reverting back in case you mess it all up

For certain core systems and this needs some familiarity with adb and knowledge of what you are doing, not recommended for the non techie

Also, application recommendation, grab a copy of applanet, similar to installous on the iphone :)

the man
12th December, 2010, 08:10 PM
cunny u there

spoony
12th December, 2010, 09:30 PM
Got my first Android phone on Friday. Looks promising, and makes me think that the iphone is just being overvalued and expensive to run beacause most of the Apps are NOT free. Loads of FREE apps with andriod phone i'm very happy so far. looking forward to contributing to this forum as i learn more

mtv1
26th December, 2010, 04:32 PM
ok folks kids got me an ARCHOS 43 internet tablet :D works a treat where can i get apps for it and you tube won't work :( tried to update adobe going round in circles :D Laptop Computing - Archos 43 16GB Android 2.2 Ready Internet Tablet (http://www.simplyelectronics.net/mainproduct.php?pid=12203&setcurrency=eur&gclid=CPb68d2eiqYCFY9O4QodnwFBmw) this one

cunny
27th December, 2010, 12:04 AM
cunny u there

I'm everywhere these days ;)

cunny
27th December, 2010, 12:04 AM
ok folks kids got me an ARCHOS 43 internet tablet :D works a treat where can i get apps for it and you tube won't work :( tried to update adobe going round in circles :D Laptop Computing - Archos 43 16GB Android 2.2 Ready Internet Tablet (http://www.simplyelectronics.net/mainproduct.php?pid=12203&setcurrency=eur&gclid=CPb68d2eiqYCFY9O4QodnwFBmw) this one

Apps not an issue, little late and i got lots to do before bed, i will look at it tomo for you mate ;) You have my paypal :eek:

the man
27th December, 2010, 12:13 AM
I'm everywhere these days ;)

see post 34 pls buddy , any good?

cunny
27th December, 2010, 12:20 AM
see post 34 pls buddy , any good?

Look like cheap chinese tablets running andriod os. To be totally honest, i aint even touched an IPAD let alone a tablet running andriod.

I have a galaxy s phone, think its shit hot. If the phone is anything to go off the the Galaxy tab would be shit hot but more expensive.

My mate once bought netbook from china and was a load of sh1te

The choice is yours mate. I cant judge as both look similar an i aint used one before.

the man
27th December, 2010, 12:22 AM
im due a upgrade from 3 , so will prob test a phone out 1st , thanks cunny

cunny
27th December, 2010, 12:24 AM
I got the galaxy s and not looked back m8. But better fones have emerged tho, just be sure to look into them before upgrading, remember andriod is just the operating system:)

xant14
30th December, 2010, 01:02 PM

Advanced task manager

Shady
6th February, 2011, 08:55 AM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f53/dreambox-remote-control-android-devices-183661/

zaphodbb
6th February, 2011, 09:41 AM
ok sorted out my zte blade (aka orange san francisco) unlocked rooted an froyo 2.2 rom.

these are my favourite apps so far

app2sd - moves movable apps to sd card freeing up phones memory

tunein radio - this is fantastic the blade come with a crappy radio and needs earphones to work this plays over speaker and has thousands of radio stations to chose from my favs radio swiss pop and jazz fm needs wifi to work but its great in the bar wen old gits here are bunnying on in greek.

gps status & toolbox - displays your gps and sensor data postion signal strenth of satellites,and bearing, it has compass with true and magnetic north. it seems to be more accurate than google maps to me finding your location.

got a few more but forgot whats already been posted lol

Shady
6th February, 2011, 11:05 AM
Point your phone towards the sky and see on the live camera screen where the satellites are, any line of sight (LoS) issues and the look angles. Couldn't be easier to install your sat dish with this augmented reality satellite finder.

Google "DishPointer YouTube" for video

"Invaluable, gets the job done in half the time"

http://cdn1.staztic.com/screenshots/dishpointer-pro-161-1.jpg
http://cdn2.staztic.com/screenshots/dishpointer-pro-161-2.jpg

?11.99 on market.. free for dk users!
Download:

bandit boy
6th February, 2011, 01:51 PM
I use this on my zte blade very good saves a lot of time

bazare
12th February, 2011, 07:03 AM
uuu nice gadget and very usefull.

delboy13
12th February, 2011, 08:06 PM
here is applanet 2.7.3 extract it and i normally install via email on my phone. it lets you download paid apps for free. server has issues sometimes but they are always improving it

deniedcorpse
12th February, 2011, 10:15 PM
here is applanet 2.7.3 extract it and i normally install via email on my phone. it lets you download paid apps for free. server has issues sometimes but they are always improving it

awesome app, love it

deniedcorpse
13th February, 2011, 01:08 AM

I just installed 15 apps from applanet. Thanks for the suggestion! Best one yet.

xant14
14th February, 2011, 02:38 AM
will tomtom work on 2.1? epad?

if it on 2.1 will i need to pay to upgrade it in time?

if we had a forum on this it would help ne guys like me o understand the android thing

there are other satnav apps mate.. I have aura, and skobbler. I can pass em on if you want.

the man
14th February, 2011, 02:40 AM
had not got it yet mate ,no moneys , but thank you kind sir.

deniedcorpse
14th February, 2011, 02:43 AM
Anyone use the xtralogic remote desktop client?
If so, any luck getting it to work?

xant14
14th February, 2011, 02:53 AM
Anyone use the xtralogic remote desktop client?
If so, any luck getting it to work?

No mate.. I did use a similar thing, forget the name of it, and it worked, but it was a faff about, very hard to see the desktop on the little phones screen, and worst of all was the lag ... try and move your mouse, and half an hour later the curser moves.. naff mate.

deniedcorpse
14th February, 2011, 02:59 AM
No mate.. I did use a similar thing, forget the name of it, and it worked, but it was a faff about, very hard to see the desktop on the little phones screen, and worst of all was the lag ... try and move your mouse, and half an hour later the curser moves.. naff mate.

Yeah, probably in another year or two phone technology will catch up to the computers of today by at least using duocore processors as well as faster networks. Then it might take care of the lag issues.

sob1467
15th February, 2011, 12:48 AM
How do you install it on your phone. I have downloaded it using tapatalk pro but it keeps telling me the phone cannot open file? Any ideas how to get around this?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

dowlin04
15th February, 2011, 01:00 AM
my fav app is the poker android user on giffgaff with free internet cheap as chips... :) :manuscarf:

deniedcorpse
15th February, 2011, 01:08 AM
Just throwing this out there...I LOVE android. I love the devoted followers to it as well as the open source programming. Everyday I find something new with it that I love and have been an android user for over 9 months. Just love it.

xant14
16th February, 2011, 08:18 AM
How do you install it on your phone. I have downloaded it using tapatalk pro but it keeps telling me the phone cannot open file? Any ideas how to get around this?

I use Astro to install my apps. Astro is available from the market.
Or is it applanet ur on about?

frontera2.5
16th February, 2011, 10:28 AM
just got a sony ericsson xperia x10i loving the phone but not the battery life favorite app at the moment angry birds lol

xant14
16th February, 2011, 11:11 AM
just got a sony ericsson xperia x10i loving the phone but not the battery life favorite app at the moment angry birds lol

Yeah its addictive. Just remember, there are a few different angry birds apps, have you got seasons? I am working my way thru it now. A great little app while waiting for skool gates to open.

frontera2.5
16th February, 2011, 11:20 AM
not yet im just finding my way around the phone

sob1467
18th February, 2011, 01:12 AM
Thanks for help. I got it downloaded I had to use a different link. Its a great add on. So much free stuff.

yorkslad
19th February, 2011, 09:58 AM
there are other satnav apps mate.. I have aura, and skobbler. I can pass em on if you want.

xant are these the free 1s to run? if so can you pass then on to me thanks

xant14
20th February, 2011, 08:21 AM
I am sure I got skobbler off the market, legit free... not used it yet tho.

the man
20th February, 2011, 07:24 PM
copilot form torrent site works good,

iphone what a loads of old shit! lol

thanks for applanet guys

xant14
23rd February, 2011, 08:29 AM
copilot form torrent site works good,

iphone what a loads of old shit! lol

thanks for applanet guys

COpilot is bloody good, but I couldnt get mine working again after 2.2 update. Might try get it again. unless you can pass it on the man??

yorkslad
23rd February, 2011, 09:22 AM
COpilot is bloody good, but I couldnt get mine working again after 2.2 update. Might try get it again. unless you can pass it on the man??

yes cant get it to work on mine too,

ismael
21st March, 2011, 07:07 PM
help setting vpn streaming dreambox on dreamandroid

scotty_dotty
27th March, 2011, 01:44 PM
Just trying tapatalk but I'm not seeing what's so good about it. Best app I'm using at the mo is android booster, finding it great for app kills and running it with set CPU just to tweek how my gtab runs.

SouthernComfort
22nd April, 2011, 03:06 PM
For anyone interested in a cheap but very good Android phone Orange are currently offering the San Francisco for ?74.99 with any Orange number.
Contact them on 0800 079 2000 or 150 from an orange number and ask for the deal.
I can personally attest to this phones quality, you can check out the specs online, very easy to unlock and flash with custom roms.
Will run almost (i repeat almost) anything you throw at it, works well as fully functional Sat Nav with the correct software.
The phone has some restrictions (no flash support, no camera flash etc) but as a first step into the world of Android you can't go wrong.

Canker_Canison
22nd April, 2011, 04:18 PM
Samsung Galaxy S2 released 1sy May.

UK to get the 1.2Ghz dual core processor.

Should be available in 16 & 32GB models.

:party:

SouthernComfort
22nd April, 2011, 05:06 PM
Samsung Galaxy S2 released 1sy May.

UK to get the 1.2Ghz dual core processor.

Should be available in 16 & 32GB models.

:party:

Waiting on this one myself. Heres hoping for an early release.
Specs list reads like a ~~~~ mag.

tshirtman
22nd April, 2011, 05:14 PM
I've been waiting on the Galaxy S2 as well.
phones4u are taking pre-orders for a 27/04 delivery, and you get a free 8gb memory stick, orange only though.

samsung galaxy s ii - available now contract mobile phone from phones 4u (http://www.phones4u.co.uk/shop/shop_contract_details.asp?ItemKey=519740)

SouthernComfort
22nd April, 2011, 06:01 PM
Prefer not to be tied into a contract, will have to wait until they go on sale or someone sells their contract phone. So much potential in a phone can't wait.

Anyone looked into linux on Android based phones?

Considering the possibility of dual booting on this phone with custom boot menu.

SouthernComfort
23rd April, 2011, 04:59 PM
Samsung Infuse 4G will sell at Walmart for $178.88
(http://www.talkandroid.com/38157-samsung-infuse-4g-will-sell-at-walmart-for-178-88/)

Have just seen this online and for the price I must say I'm very impressed. Similar spec to the Galaxy S for not much money.

"The Samsung Infuse 4G is no laughing matter of a device, as it?ll boast a 4.5 inch Super AMOLED touchscreen, an 8 megapixel camera on the back and a 1.2GHz processor, putting this device right up there with the HTC Thunderbolt, Motorola Atrix and Samsung Droid Charge."

tshirtman
23rd April, 2011, 05:29 PM
Samsung Infuse 4G will sell at Walmart for $178.88
(http://www.talkandroid.com/38157-samsung-infuse-4g-will-sell-at-walmart-for-178-88/)

Have just seen this online and for the price I must say I'm very impressed. Similar spec to the Galaxy S for not much money.

"The Samsung Infuse 4G is no laughing matter of a device, as it?ll boast a 4.5 inch Super AMOLED touchscreen, an 8 megapixel camera on the back and a 1.2GHz processor, putting this device right up there with the HTC Thunderbolt, Motorola Atrix and Samsung Droid Charge."

that price is for a 2 year contract with AT+T
Walmart to sell Samsung Infuse 4G for $178.88 in May? Unwired View (http://www.unwiredview.com/2011/04/22/walmart-to-sell-samsung-infuse-4g-for-178-88-in-may/)

SouthernComfort
23rd April, 2011, 05:34 PM
that price is for a 2 year contract with AT+T
Walmart to sell Samsung Infuse 4G for $178.88 in May? Unwired View (http://www.unwiredview.com/2011/04/22/walmart-to-sell-samsung-infuse-4g-for-178-88-in-may/)

Seemed too good, thanks for pointing that out. Still quite an impressive phone. Hopefully the exchange rate stays favorable to us when these phones are released.

tshirtman
23rd April, 2011, 05:59 PM
this looks like a good deal for someone who wants a cheaper option, for an android smart phone
not sure of the quality of this phone, but for the price and spec aint that bad
Carphone warehouse, Samsung Galaxy Apollo - ?79.95 payg

Samsung Galaxy Apollo ***45; Pay As You Go ***45; And Reviews - The Carphone Warehouse (http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/SAMSUNG-I5800-GALAXY-APOLLO/PPAY?portal=BUYAT&promo=hotukdeals)

SouthernComfort
23rd April, 2011, 06:54 PM
this looks like a good deal for someone who wants a cheaper option, for an android smart phone
not sure of the quality of this phone, but for the price and spec aint that bad
Carphone warehouse, Samsung Galaxy Apollo - ?79.95 payg

Samsung Galaxy Apollo ***45; Pay As You Go ***45; And Reviews - The Carphone Warehouse (http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/SAMSUNG-I5800-GALAXY-APOLLO/PPAY?portal=BUYAT&promo=hotukdeals)

For that price I would still have the SF from Orange. The more features that are unlocked with this little phone I sometimes can't believe the price.

Still a nice phone for the money.:top:

SouthernComfort
23rd April, 2011, 11:46 PM
VLC Direct

Easy and Powerful Stream Client and Server application.This is the only application of the entire market that can stream videos and music in both ways:
* From Computer to Android
* From Android to Computer
You don't have to transfer your videos and songs anymore!
* SUPER EASY CONFIGURATION - JUST ONE CLICK AND YOU WILL BE READY TO GO!

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.vlcdirect.vlcdirect

Seems this app has some great potential, gets good reviews.

SouthernComfort
25th April, 2011, 03:11 AM
Top 10 Android Apps you must have.

Thinking long and hard about this one, we've all seen the various Top 10's for Android online but how many are relevant to you. These are my 10 must haves for Android, what about yours?

1. Titanium Backup Pro

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/3836/aniumbackuppro.jpg (http://img718.imageshack.us/i/aniumbackuppro.jpg/)

What it does

Anyone with OFD (obsessive flashing disorder) will know all about this little app, basically it will backup all your current applications, games, settings and information and allow you to restore with the click of a button. Allows you to run batch backup and restore and has schedules that can run automatically.

Requires Root and SU, usually included with root options.

2. Root Explorer

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/8881/rootexplorer.png (http://img826.imageshack.us/i/rootexplorer.png/)

What it does

File manager with a difference.

Root Explorer is the ultimate file manager for root users. Access the whole of android's file system (including the elusive data folder!).

Features include SQLite database viewer, Text Editor, create and extract zip or tar/gzip files, multi-select, execute scripts, search, remount, permissions, bookmarks, send files (via email, bluetooth etc), image thumbnails, APK binary XML viewer.

3. Applanet

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/1040/applanetr.jpg (http://img600.imageshack.us/i/applanetr.jpg/)

What it does

Alternative market with added bonus.

Applanet is a massive database containing more than 14000 Android applications. You have access to the latest versions of both free and paid applications found in the Android Market and even some you can't find and will not need to pay for anything! Applanet is your one-stop alternative app market.

Requires internet connection and needs to be updated regularly.

4. JuiceDefender

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/668/juicedefendere.jpg (http://img849.imageshack.us/i/juicedefendere.jpg/)

What it does

Powerful, easy to use battery management app.

JuiceDefender extends your battery life by intelligently and transparently managing the most battery-draining components of your Android device, like 3G/4G connectivity and WiFi.

5. ADWLauncher EX

http://img852.imageshack.us/img852/8374/adwlauncherex.jpg (http://img852.imageshack.us/i/adwlauncherex.jpg/)

What it does

Highly Customizable Home replacement application

ADWLauncher EX, beyond tweaking your android desktop

Fully customize your homescreen to suit your needs, choose from hundreds of themes, screen editor to add, remove and swap your desktop screens. Icon editor to create your own customized shortcuts or edit existing ones. Fully customizable main dock with support for fixed shortcuts from
0-5. Customizable hidden dockbar with easy to trigger support for unlimited icons using scroll.

Set to default on request.

6. SwiftKey

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/3559/swiftkey.jpg (http://img717.imageshack.us/i/swiftkey.jpg/)

What it does

Intelligent text entry for Android.

SwiftKey brings the future of text entry to smartphones. It uses TouchTypes breakthrough Fluency technology to predict the next word you want to type, before you even press a key. Your next word is predicted with such incredible accuracy that a third of suggestions are right first time and usually you won't need to press more than two letters.
SwiftKey uses advanced error correction, meaning grammar and spelling errors are a thing of the past. Typing with SwiftKey produces text you can rely on, in a fraction of the time it takes on a regular QWERTY keyboard.
It doesn't just predict regular words, it learns as you type and remembers how you write. As words and sentences are chosen over time, its Fluency engine creates a dynamic understanding of your writing style to boost the accuracy, fluency and speed of prediction.

Follow onscreen guide to enable.

7. MoboPlayer
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5624/moboplayer.jpg (http://img153.imageshack.us/i/moboplayer.jpg/)

What it does

Stream capable video player with support for most file formats.

The best video player on Android! Watching your PC videos on Phone and without conversion, anytime and anywhere. With MoboPlayer experience the best quality playback, supports almost all video formats, with srt, ass, saa subtitles and mkv, mp4, mov's built-in subtitles. Also includes support for multi-audio stream, continuous play on same type files, http, rtsp streaming file and media thumbnail display, including sort by type.

Set as default and choose software decoding for unknown file types.

8. PowerAmp Music Player

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/736/powerampmusicplayer.jpg (http://img10.imageshack.us/i/powerampmusicplayer.jpg/)

What it does

Powerful music player

PowerAmp is a powerful music player for android smartphones. Plays all popular music file formats including mp3, mp4/m4a (including alac), ogg, wma*, flac, wav, ape, wv, tta (wma pro files may require NEON support).
Features include 10 band graphical equalizer for all supported formats, presets, separate Bass and Treble adjustment and lock screen play. Download missing album art, tag editor and fast scanning.

Internet connection for album art.

9. Documents To Go

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/3816/doentstogoandroid.jpg (http://img691.imageshack.us/i/doentstogoandroid.jpg/)

What it does

Fully featured office suite.

Whether you're an organization looking to mobilize your sales professionals or an individual looking to increase personal productivity, leaving your office or laptop behind does not have to mean leaving your crucial files and work behind.

Now you can get your work done no matter where you are by using Documents To Go to view, edit and create Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files as well as view Adobe PDF files on your Android-powered smartphone. And since it is full featured yet easy to use, Documents To Go is one mobile office suite that makes good business sense.

Documents To Go 3.0 is currently the best selling mobile Office suite in Android Market.

10. Dishpointer Pro

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5434/dishpointerpro201.jpg (http://img25.imageshack.us/i/dishpointerpro201.jpg/)

What it does

Augmented reality satellite finder.

For any budding Sat enthusiast, this one is a must buy. Point your phones camera towards the sky and see live on screen the position of all satellites. Check for line of sight issues and look angles. On screen Latitude and longitudinal measurements using any geostationary satellite. Azimuth, elevation and skew results. Add, edit or delete satellites, choose favorite sats.
Installing your dish couldn't be easier than with this augmented reality satellite finder.

Requires GPS enabled and locked.

SouthernComfort
25th April, 2011, 05:30 PM
Getting root access or "rooting your phone" is the process of modifying the operating system on your device to grant you complete control over it using Super User or SU.
The term root comes from the Linux operating system where root is the most privileged user on the system (Administrator in windows OS).
Rooting does not mean installing custom ROMs, while users are required to root to install custom ROMs, a custom ROM is a modified, usually much improved, android OS. A user may root their phone to unlock it's features while remaining stock otherwise.
Rooting will, in almost all cases, invalidate your warranty, manufacturers and resellers frown upon it, it has the serious potential to render your phone non-functional "brick" which should be considered.
There are various methods to root your phone, many are phone specific so it is best to Google your phone model : Root to see which method best suits you.
Most of the time rooting is a simple process, with most of the hard work done for you, using 1-click Root Apps, many of these apps offer temporary and UnRoot options.

There are many benefits to rooting your phone, the main one being full access to system files. With root privileges users can:
?modify system files
?remove unnecessary files and applications "bloatware"
?install custom ROMs, custom themes, custom boot images
?create system backups
?move apps and cache to external sd
?enable features otherwise disabled including "phone tethering"
?run special applications
?disable/remove unnecessary system processes
?"overclock" cpu using "smart profiles"
?manage system processes, internal memory and startup services.

Consider rooting a method to unlock your phones full potential, have fun.

SouthernComfort
26th April, 2011, 04:24 AM
For a limited time, get World Series of Poker for FREE. Please use WIFI for 250MB download.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7342/wsop.jpg (http://img96.imageshack.us/i/wsop.jpg/)

PLAY FOR POKERS RICHEST PRIZE!
Go from poker amateur to hold'em legend by winning prestigious WSOP events in Las Vegas and other casino venues around the world. This is the most authentic, fastest playing Texas hold'em poker game! This is the real deal!

BECOME A WSOP LEGEND
Play for the most coveted prize in poker, the Main Event bracelet by building your bank roll, earning achievements, unlocking higher-stakes events and winning bracelets

HIGHER-STAKES TOURNAMENTS
After you win the Main Event, play in new higher-stakes tournaments including the WSOP Tournament of Champions

REAL VIDEO CUT-SCENES
Watch high-quality videos of featured opponents react to your play

AUTHENTIC VENUES
Play in cash games, bracelet events, and multi-table tournaments in real Harrah's casino properties: Rio, the Casino at the Empire, Caesars Palace and more!

HAND REPLAYS
Save your favorite hands so that you can relive monster hands and epic suck-outs

ACHIEVEMENTS
Earn over 20 unique achievements such as knocking out two opponents in one hand and other in-game accomplishments

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4732/wsopqr.png (http://img689.imageshack.us/i/wsopqr.png/)

SouthernComfort
26th April, 2011, 04:45 AM
Football Kicks is all about mastering your free kicks, earning your kit and locations through blood, sweat and tears on the pitch.

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/3210/67513317.jpg (http://img546.imageshack.us/i/67513317.jpg/)

Football Kicks features three game modes: Beat the Wall, Beat the Clock and the feared Sudden Death mode. You earn FK coins through playing, which will enable you to purchase yourself a customized kit, unlock extra stadiums and even get a new s****y haircut. The game is free to play with hours of gameplay packed in.

MAKE IT YOURS
Personalise your player to look like your footballing hero or who-ever you like.

NO-COMPROMISE VISUALS
Console game level visuals with 3D motion captured players and a choice of 3D stadiums.

BEAT YOUR FRIENDS - BEAT THE WORLD
Compete against your friends and the rest of the World with OpenFeint leaderboards.

INTUITIVE SWIPE CONTROLS
Just swipe the screen to control the path of your shot. Practice makes perfect!

HOURS OF GAMEPLAY
Three game modes will keep you coming back for more goal scoring action.

[/URL][URL="http://img825.imageshack.us/i/fkqr.png/"]http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/888/fkqr.png (http://img825.imageshack.us/i/fkqr.png/)

(http://imageshack.us)

SouthernComfort
26th April, 2011, 05:07 AM
If you haven't heard of Angry Birds then you're missing out, highly addictive game and my personal favorite.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/7261/79972484.jpg (http://img7.imageshack.us/i/79972484.jpg/)

The survival of the Angry Birds is at stake. Dish out revenge on the greedy pigs who stole their eggs. Use the unique powers of each bird to destroy the pigs? fortresses. Angry Birds features challenging physics-based gameplay and hours of replay value. Each of the 240 levels requires logic, skill, and force to solve.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/6103/abqr.png (http://img819.imageshack.us/i/abqr.png/)

SouthernComfort
26th April, 2011, 05:39 PM
AutoCAD WS is a mobile CAD application that gives you the freedom and flexibility to view, edit, and share your DWG files on your Android phone or tablet.

http://img852.imageshack.us/img852/3264/autocad.jpg (http://img852.imageshack.us/i/autocad.jpg/)

AutoCAD WS mobile app offers a simplified, intuitive set of viewing, editing, and markup tools so you can work on your designs while you are on the go. Open drawings from email attachments, sync your files from the web, or upload drawings directly from AutoCAD software. Drawings can also be saved locally so you can work in the field without an Internet connection.

*Requires Android 2.1 or above. Recommended devices include: 1GHz processor, 512MB RAM.

http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/3629/acqr.png (http://img816.imageshack.us/i/acqr.png/)

SouthernComfort
28th April, 2011, 03:55 AM
The most complete GPS tool on market: Navigate, manage waypoints, tracks, build your own dashboard from 37 widgets.

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/5176/gpse.jpg (http://img840.imageshack.us/i/gpse.jpg/)

Dashboard

Shows navigation values such as: Accuracy, Altitude, Speed, Battery, Bearing, Climb, Course, Date, Declination, Distance, ETA, Latitude, Longitude, Max Speed, Min Speed, Actual Speed, True Speed, Sunrise, Sunset, Moonset, Moonrise, Moon Phase, Target, Time, TTG, Turn.

Compass

Show the orientation of the earth's magnetic field, shows an arbitrary tracking angle and the current target. Also a marine orienteering compass.

Tracks

Record tracks and view them on map. Export KML files and import into Google Maps.

Camera

A camera HUD (heads-up display) view to show your waypoints.

Map

A map to show your waypoints. Convert mail addresses of your contacts to waypoint so that they can be used within the app.

Waypoints

A list of all your waypoints with export and import (KML-format).

Satellites

A sky view of the current positions that shows satellites in view.

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/866/gpsqr.png (http://img683.imageshack.us/i/gpsqr.png/)

SouthernComfort
28th April, 2011, 04:15 AM
Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring all your photos, docs, and videos anywhere. After you install Dropbox on your computer, any file you save to your Dropbox will automatically save to all your computers, your Android device, and even the Dropbox website.

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/755/dropboxforandroid.png (http://img846.imageshack.us/i/dropboxforandroid.png/)

With the Dropbox app, you can take everything that matters to you on the go.

Read your docs or flip through your albums when you're out and about. Save photos or videos to your Dropbox and share them with friends in just a couple taps. Even if you accidentally leave your Android in a taxi, your stuff is always safe on Dropbox.

Features:
* Always have your stuff with you, no matter where you are.
* Save photos and videos to your Dropbox.
* Share your photos and docs with family and friends.
* Save email attachments straight to your Dropbox.
* Easily edit docs in your Dropbox.

Useful Tips

Store Your Files in an Encrypted TrueCrypt Volume

If data security is a big concern for you, create an encrypted TrueCrypt volume and store it in your Dropbox folder so you can sync it to anywhere. You can take it a step further by storing the portable version of TrueCrypt in your Dropbox folder as well, to save time if you need to get into your encrypted volume from a PC that isn't already hooked into Dropbox.

Use Shared Folders as a Cheap Network Drive for Remote Teams

Use Dropbox's shared folders feature to simulate the type of shared network drive you might find in a corporate environment.

Create Your Own Customized Browser Start Page

Since Dropbox makes it easy to create publicly shared files accessible through a URL, you can create your own customized start page for your browser, complete with bookmarks and anything else your HTML skills and imagination can come up with. This can be especially useful for your mobile device, where start pages aren't always tailored to what you might really want. Just create the HTML file, store it in your Public folder, and then grab the public URL from the Dropbox context menu to set as your start page.

Start Your Torrents from Any Computer

Rather than wait until you get back home to start a download, why not start them remotely from anywhere? All you have to do is set your torrent client to monitor a folder in your Dropbox, and then add the torrent files to the folder remotely***8212;you can even upload them through the web interface if you want. Most of the popular torrent clients, like uTorrent, support this feature, and while there are other ways to remotely start a download, this is certainly one of the easiest.

Sync Your Music, Access from Anywhere

Having access to your music collection from anywhere is always a favorite technique for any web-based sync system, and Dropbox is no slouch in that department. You can put your entire music collection in your Dropbox folder and keep it in sync between all of your PCs, as well as listen through the web interface.

Tips from LifeHacker.

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/537/dbqr.png (http://img534.imageshack.us/i/dbqr.png/)

SouthernComfort
28th April, 2011, 04:24 AM
Create, edit, upload and share your docs from your phone with the Google Docs app.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5283/28881224.jpg (http://img151.imageshack.us/i/28881224.jpg/)

* Designed for Android to save you time finding your docs
* Edits to your documents appear to collaborators in seconds
* Make quick changes to spreadsheets
* View your documents, PDFs, images and more.
* Upload and convert files to the Google Docs format
* Take a photo of printed text and convert it to a Google document
* Share docs with your phone's contacts

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/6675/gdqr.png (http://img194.imageshack.us/i/gdqr.png/)

Gets great reviews.

SouthernComfort
28th April, 2011, 05:35 PM
Autodesk SketchBook Express is a professional-grade paint and drawing application offering a set of sketching tools and a streamlined and intuitive user interface.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3443/sbev.jpg (http://img692.imageshack.us/i/sbev.jpg/)

The digital sketchpad allows users to draw with pens, pencils, markers, and airbrushes create professional looking pictures and paintings. Other details include dynamic resizing, color wheel, layers, and drawing symmetry.

Requires a multi-touch device running Android 2.1 or above. Recommended devices include: 1GHz processor, 512mb RAM.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7373/sbeqr.png (http://img850.imageshack.us/i/sbeqr.png/)

tshirtman
29th April, 2011, 02:08 AM
Prefer not to be tied into a contract

This is the cheapest PAYG deal I've seen so far

Phone Product Detail - Samsung Galaxy S II (http://shop.o2.co.uk/mobile_phone/pay_monthly/pay_and_go/Samsung/Galaxy%20S%20II?cm_mmc=affiliate-_-hotukdeals-_-blank-_-blank)

SouthernComfort
29th April, 2011, 02:40 AM
Have been checking the specs of some other phones, SGSII still looks the best though. Will keep you posted if i spot anything worthwhile. HTC, Motorola and ZTE have some nice offerings.

SouthernComfort
29th April, 2011, 03:23 PM
Two Android phone users in the US have sued Google over claims their phones contained secret files that stored and transmitted data about their movements.
In a complaint filed 27 April in federal court in Detroit, the two residents of Oakland County in Michigan said that their HTC Inspire 4G phones, which use Google's Android OS, track their movements "just as if by a tracking device for which a court-ordered warrant would ordinarily be required."
The plaintiffs seek $50m in damages and a court order requiring Google to stop tracking its users.
They said in the complaint that they also seek to represent other Android phone users in a class-action lawsuit.
Earlier Google had admitted that it tracked the movement of its Android users, but with prior permission and anonymously.
The company had said that it did so to provide customised services such as maps and searches for shops or restaurants, and to study traffic on various roads.
Google spokesman Mike Nelson had said, "Phones know where you are, and they need to for many of the services we offer."
The company said, "All location sharing on Android is opt-in by the user. We provide users with notice and control over the collection, sharing and use of location in order to provide a better mobile experience on Android devices."
"Any location data that is sent back to Google location servers is anonymised and is not tied or traceable to a specific user."
Last week privacy concerns were raised after two British security researchers, Alisdair Allan and Pete Warden, identified that Apple iPhones had secret unencrypted files in them which tracked the movements of users without their knowledge.

Google sued by Android phone users over location tracking - Computer Business Review (http://media.cbronline.com/news/google-sued-by-android-phone-users-over-location-tracking-290411)

Remember, If you don't want people to monitor your movements you must 'opt out' of this service, Google will enable it by default.
Custom ROM users may set "fake locations" to obscure geographical location.

SouthernComfort
29th April, 2011, 03:54 PM
Pool Master Pro

Welcome to the Pool Master Pro game! How about a nice little game of pool? This is the No.1 Pool game in Android market and it's totally FREE.

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/4214/35834655.jpg (http://img684.imageshack.us/i/35834655.jpg/)

Game Features:
1. Realistic 3D ball animation
2. Touch control for moving the stick
3. 8 Ball Pool and 9 Ball Pool
4. Single Player Mode: Straight Pool Game (no rules)
- Challenge (2 minutes time limit with high score record)
- Practice (no time limit but no high score record)
5. Player vs. Computer Mode (with rules)

How to play:
1) Single Player Mode (no rules)
The object of the game is to pocket your set of assigned balls. The more balls sink the higher scores you get. Touch the screen to adjust the direction and drag down the power-up in the RIGHT to strike.
The initial time limit of Challenge Mode is 2 minutes but once you sink a ball you will get additional time. As all the balls have been cleared, the pool will create a new group of balls to keep the game going on. Also you can play the Practice Mode which has no time limit but no high score record.
2) Player vs. Computer Mode (with rules)
Play against the computer AI with standard 8 ball rules or 9 ball rules. Touch the screen to adjust the direction and drag down the power-up in the RIGHT to strike. Touch and hold at any point to move the cue-ball and tap to confirm for Free-ball.

Rack em!

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3885/pmqr.png (http://img405.imageshack.us/i/pmqr.png/)

SouthernComfort
29th April, 2011, 04:34 PM
Easy way to erase phone history.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/443/49404997.jpg (http://img819.imageshack.us/i/49404997.jpg/)

This is a phone cleaner History Eraser! One touch cleaner! This app can erase history data on your Android device, cleanup your phone, delete your search history, del web history,remove your calllog, clear all apps' cache files, delete sms, clean your clipboard, clear frequently callded, and erase market search history. It is similar to ccleaner on the pc. It is a good sweeper and free up memory, free up space. 1 click to clear all cached files for getting more available space and free memory. versatile quick cache free, easy and simple!click one button and sweep all! no root permission required! Good privacy guard and privacy eraser.

Feature:
* Clear Browser History
* Clear Call Log
* Clear text messages
* Clear Market Search History
* Clear Google Map Search History
* Clear Gmail Search History
* Clear Clipboard Data
* Clear Youtube Search History
* Clear Google Search History(Android >= 1.6)
* Clear all app cache files
* Clear Frequently Called (Frequently Contacted)

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7899/heqr.png (http://img218.imageshack.us/i/heqr.png/)

happy_highlander
1st May, 2011, 09:04 PM
Just picked up galaxy s 2 for the missus ... ~~~~ me it's quick will be able to give a real time compare on wed when my S turns up

happy_highlander
3rd May, 2011, 11:24 PM
S turned up a day early and I can't say there is a lot to choose between them speed wise at this stage.

tshirtman
4th May, 2011, 03:58 AM
I don't know whether to go for the SG2 now, vodafone are taking pre-orders on the HTC sensation for a 19 may delivery,
it has similar spec to the SG2, but I've previously owned HTC and I know there build quality is good, where I've never had a samsung before :hmmmm2:

SouthernComfort
4th May, 2011, 02:04 PM
I don't know whether to go for the SG2 now, vodafone are taking pre-orders on the HTC sensation for a 19 may delivery,
it has similar spec to the SG2, but I've previously owned HTC and I know there build quality is good, where I've never had a samsung before :hmmmm2:
HTC Sensation

*1.2 GHz dual-core processor, Adreno 220 GPU, Qualcomm MSM8660 chipset
*126.1 x 65.4 x 11.3 mm
*Latest fully customized HTC Sense UI
*4.3-inch S-LCD Touchscreen with 540 x 960 pixels resolution
*3G, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Hotspot, DLNA, GPS with A-GPS support
*Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP and EDR
*8 Megapixel camera with autofocus and LED Flash
*1.3 Megapixel secondary camera
*Memory expandable up to 32 GB
*1GB internal storage,768MB Ram,8GB card included
*1080p video playback & capture
*DivX/XviD/MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV player
*MicroUSB (MHL) doubles as an hdmi port
*1520 mAh Battery
*Gyroscope

SGS 2

*125.3 x 66.1 x 8.5 mm
*4.3-inch Super Amoled Plus touchscreen with 800 x 480 pixels resolution
*Dual-core 1.2GHz ARM Cortex-A9 proccessor, Mali-400MP GPU, Orion chipset
*WiFi N 2.4 Ghz & 5.0 Ghz support
*2 Megapixel secondary camera
*16GB or 32GB internal storage,1GB Ram
*1650 mAh Battery
*Gyroscope
HTC Sensation vs. Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - GSMArena.com (http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3875&idPhone2=3621)

Personally i would have the SGSII, specs speak for themselves and reviews from owners of the SGSII say it's all it's cracked up to be.
The screen looks stunning and for me has to be a clear winner.

happy_highlander
4th May, 2011, 06:34 PM
HTC Sensation

*1.2 GHz dual-core processor, Adreno 220 GPU, Qualcomm MSM8660 chipset
*126.1 x 65.4 x 11.3 mm
*Latest fully customized HTC Sense UI
*4.3-inch S-LCD Touchscreen with 540 x 960 pixels resolution
*1.3 Megapixel secondary camera
*1GB internal storage,768MB Ram,8GB card included
*1520 mAh Battery
*Gyroscope

SGS 2

*125.3 x 66.1 x 8.5 mm
*4.3-inch Super Amoled Plus touchscreen with 800 x 480 pixels resolution
*Dual-core 1.2GHz ARM Cortex-A9 proccessor, Mali-400MP GPU, Orion chipset
*WiFi N 2.4 Ghz & 5.0 Ghz support
*2 Megapixel secondary camera
*16GB or 32GB internal storage,1GB Ram
*1650 mAh Battery
*Gyroscope
HTC Sensation vs. Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - GSMArena.com (http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3875&idPhone2=3621)

Personally i would have the SGSII, specs speak for themselves and reviews from owners of the SGSII say it's all it's cracked up to be.
The screen looks stunning and for me has to be a clear winner.
I will second that even running on stock roms the sgs2 is very quick and the screen is the best I have seen and that includes the hd lappy that is less than 6 months old

tshirtman
20th May, 2011, 01:20 AM
well in the end I decided to go for the samsung galaxy S2, I got it today, and I have definitely made the right choice, wow, what a phone, the speed, the screen, truthfully I haven't found any fault with it yet, I had read a couple of reviews saying the plastic case made it look a bit cheap, well it doesn't, and having a plastic case you wont need to worry about the signal dropping out like the iPhone does,
Overall I couldn't recommend this phone enough, well happy.

NaNaNiii
31st May, 2011, 04:49 PM
What the cheapest contract price per month for the sensation?

2685danny
1st June, 2011, 08:52 PM
heres a list of the dreambox apps

https://market.android.com/details?id=tillekesoft.AndroidDreamer&feature=search_result
https://market.android.com/details?id=net.reichholf.dreamdroid&feature=search_result
https://market.android.com/details?id=air.com.example.DAC_Android&feature=search_result
https://market.android.com/details?id=de.dreizeh.enigmanoid&feature=search_result
https://market.android.com/details?id=de.zey.dreampro&feature=search_result
some stream media some can remote record some can do both. it think android 2.2 is required and most need VLC player

jj275
6th June, 2011, 01:10 PM
Hi
Has any body installed android on the htc touch?- whats the performance like?

trippleface
5th October, 2011, 01:01 AM
Hi
Has any body installed android on the htc touch?- whats the performance like?
anyone done it?

johnboy1974
8th December, 2011, 04:05 PM
Ok guys so i just bought the wee niece an archos 101 tablet with andriod 2.2 i think. Now i was wondering how to get paid apps onto it free of charge if possible. I see the pirate bay has a top 100 android apps so how do i get them onto said tablet or phone if i download them.

Fitbafanatic
22nd March, 2012, 10:39 PM
Ok guys so i just bought the wee niece an archos 101 tablet with andriod 2.2 i think. Now i was wondering how to get paid apps onto it free of charge if possible. I see the pirate bay has a top 100 android apps so how do i get them onto said tablet or phone if i download them.

If its for your fone you need to root the thing which only takes bout half hour, i assume the same idea would be used for the tablet but ave never bothered with that. Info on rooting your phone might be on here somewhere with the info on the tablet as well. I fyou want any links then just shoot me a Pm.

Nothing special in rooting your fone anyway pal, wish i never bothered to tell you the truth

Freddie Fish
22nd April, 2012, 08:55 PM
Has to be Camscanner - never again will someone say I didn't give them information - wherever I am, I can scan it, pdf it & email it, on my mobi, in a few seconds

happy_highlander
22nd April, 2012, 10:04 PM
If its for your fone you need to root the thing which only takes bout half hour, i assume the same idea would be used for the tablet but ave never bothered with that. Info on rooting your phone might be on here somewhere with the info on the tablet as well. I fyou want any links then just shoot me a Pm.

Nothing special in rooting your fone anyway pal, wish i never bothered to tell you the truth

What a load of sh1te. Android does not need to be rooted to install cracked apps just select allow 3rd party applications in settings (you are usually prompted the first time you try to install a .apk file) there are loads of free apps out there that you can use to launch the .apk...........Astro File Manager is free from the app market (play store) and by far the most common.

petep
15th May, 2012, 01:57 AM
are you able to unlock a motorola droid A855 cdma to work on any gsm, network that supports cdma

genghisbunny
15th May, 2012, 04:03 AM
I use the Google Maps Navigation instead of a standalone GPS now - it's gotten so much better over the two years I've owned my phone!

The other app I love is Google Sky Map, because I use it at night to look at and identify the stars and planets with my three year old. She can find Jupiter without it now, and is finding the two Rigels as well. Very Cool.

Bobby1980
19th August, 2012, 08:51 PM
I use the Google Maps Navigation instead of a standalone GPS now - it's gotten so much better over the two years I've owned my phone!

The other app I love is Google Sky Map, because I use it at night to look at and identify the stars and planets with my three year old. She can find Jupiter without it now, and is finding the two Rigels as well. Very Cool.

Is the app ok!

lkboy4u
12th November, 2012, 05:53 PM
Hello Friends! I have Dell streak 5 Android device. How do I upgrade OS to ICS? Please Help.......:turtle::turtle::turtle:

kevfran
27th December, 2012, 09:56 PM
You can get xbmc for android now I just cannot get navi x to load

pipeman1
7th March, 2013, 12:15 AM
hi guys the co pilot link wont work,,any ideas thanx

BayerTM
16th May, 2016, 11:20 AM
Tomtom Europe 1.4 don`t work any more i have updated Android Lolipop to Marshmallow Android 6.1 now i get the error massage (Tomtom Europe is stopped). Any one idea how i get this work on my s5

Glenneurologic
15th June, 2016, 06:41 PM
anyone know where I can get lollipop 5.1 Rom download from
fackin ard work false links all over google search
thx in advance

DOUGALMCD
18th June, 2016, 01:02 PM
Try asking in the android forum section and you could try search vanilla 5.1 download from xda.

HarryBef
21st November, 2016, 10:41 AM
Hey guys, I just bought a Nokia Lumia 530 but the sim card it came with doesnt fit... so what am I supposed to do?

gmb45
21st November, 2016, 11:02 AM
most phone shops will cut the sim down for you for a small fee if your not confident to do it your self.

objence
1st December, 2018, 02:13 AM
You did great job with update all accounts button.Thank you very much