PDA

View Full Version : How can i watch MKV on my PS3???

reloaded
12th September, 2010, 01:07 PM
Guys

i have a 7gb MKV file which i am desperate to watch on my
ps3, but i just cant get my head round it?

i've tried the mkv2vob app, but it fails on on the dts to ac3 bit and crashes!

tried the ps3 media server but the pc fails to find my ps3
(my pc is wireless)

can someone please help me out!

thanks in advance! :)

masur123
13th September, 2010, 07:47 PM
Turn off your firewall, or hardwire your ps3. I found that wireless network cannot stream the info quick enough.... as soon as I hardwired problem sorted!

Make sure you have a DTS receiver otherwise it might not work properly, or tick always re encode on mkv2vob

davvo
13th September, 2010, 10:08 PM
tsMuxeR

guide here

http://tinyurl.com/5scptg

Elric
13th September, 2010, 10:11 PM
google ''super'' this proggie converts anything to anything

xtof
13th September, 2010, 10:21 PM
:banghead::banghead:i also tried and didn't get it to work :-(

davvo
13th September, 2010, 11:33 PM
:banghead::banghead:i also tried and didn't get it to work :-(

you mean tsMuxeR

if so iv used it 100s of times

the thing is you need to think for yourself do a bit of reading

if one click mkv2vob dont work for YOU
then ~~~~ knows how yer gonner get on with this

load the mkv file into tsMuxeR
change level to 4.1
tick m2ts
start muxing

put m2ts file on a usb stick or disc and play in ps3

if you get no audio you need to use mkvextract to split the mkv video and audio then convert the audio with ffmpeggui to AC3
then use mkvmerge to put the mkv and AC3 files back together
then run the new mkv file through tsMuxeR to make the m2ts file

all the software is here Tools - Video software and downloads - VideoHelp.com (http://www.videohelp.com/tools)
its all freeware

The PS3 does not support the MKV / Matroska container, but it will support much of the audio and video that can be stored in the MKV container

thats why you have to use tsMuxeR or mkv2vob (ect)

http://www.bitburners.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/tsmuxer1.png

masur123
14th September, 2010, 06:28 PM
Seriously people PS3 Media server is all you need!

You may have to type in the IP address of your ps3 in your firewall to make it work, or put it into learning mode and switch your ps3 on with media server...

clem58
15th September, 2010, 12:02 AM
I downloaded mkv unto my laptop & it looks cool, so can anyone tell me the benefits of having MKV on the ps3, as far as i can tell the ps3 plays almost everything i copy to it. Whenever i send a file to it no conversion isn't necessary. so can someone enlighten me. Thanks for posts in advance.

iman
15th September, 2010, 08:57 AM
I use TVersity for streaming all sort of media over wifi with no problems very easy to setup and will steam anything mkv,vob,mp4,audio and pictures to anything ps3,xbox360,laptops ...etc transcoding if it needs too. works well and the price is right...FREE for the non pro version

also with the mkv2vob problem it may not be the software it may be the movie, I use mkv2vob often and have only run into a problem once it was about 2 weeks ago when I had a film that would play on the pc and stream without problems but crashed mkv2vob!!! I would try another mkv grab a sample from somewhere.

Supragrom
20th September, 2010, 04:03 PM
I use TVersity for streaming all sort of media over wifi with no problems very easy to setup and will steam anything mkv,vob,mp4,audio and pictures to anything ps3,xbox360,laptops ...etc transcoding if it needs too. works well and the price is right...FREE for the non pro version

also with the mkv2vob problem it may not be the software it may be the movie, I use mkv2vob often and have only run into a problem once it was about 2 weeks ago when I had a film that would play on the pc and stream without problems but crashed mkv2vob!!! I would try another mkv grab a sample from somewhere.

I used to use tversity but switched to ps3 media server-it is a lot better and plays almost anything.