PDA

View Full Version : KV A780 or DreamBox ????????

stec1700
14th September, 2010, 03:03 PM
Hi guys just looking for some views/advice after the eurovox was finally was beaten.
I'm torn between dreambox/satalite setup with CS or KV A780 my thoughts are as follows

Dreambox - Slightly more complicated and expensive but if CS server gets bust then plenty more are out there so maybe better longevity but is the picture more likely to stutter or freeze.

A780 - Easier to setup and cheaper but if KV get busted or servers go down then is all lost? Also my ISP is virgin will they recognise that my IP address is talking to KV servers can they inspect the packets or does it use some sort of VPN? If they do recognise this what would their likely actions be ... Block ip addresses, Disconnect me , Or worse?

I mainly want Sky Sports, ESPN, LFC TV, Kids Stuff and documentaries.

Any thought or alternatives greatly appreciated Thanks in Advance........

toe471
14th September, 2010, 03:41 PM
Alrite Stec1700

Im in the same boat as you my friend!!

Im a bit undedided really, but i would prefer paying to the c/s rather paying sly the robbing bastards. Have you heard of this ddigital duo box? its good price and does exactly the same as the others.

watto999
14th September, 2010, 03:44 PM
don't know about the dreambox.
kv a780 i think your right about servers if they go down all is lost. you have to set up your own vpn connection as the box doesn't have a vpn facility. i think privacy laws mean virmin cant look at what you are downloading unless they suspect your upto no good. if you do get caught who knows what the punishment maybe. probably get disconnected and a life ban. worse case you might end up doing time. everything you need to know can be found on this site with a little bit of reading.

stec1700
14th September, 2010, 07:49 PM
I have heard of the ddigital duo but dont know much about them is it the similar in its functions to a dreambox whats the advantages?

I originally thought abot the Dreambox because of its popularity and therefore support but not sold on any yet