PDA

View Full Version : who manufactuers Kryptview

Gun_Man
14th September, 2010, 06:55 PM
Are these boxes German like the Dbox's or from China like the Dream boxes. Just some general info on the would be nice TBH.
Answers on a postcard
:idea:

cactikid
14th September, 2010, 08:24 PM
they are made in *****lol

watto999
14th September, 2010, 09:20 PM
they are made in *****lol

are we playing hangman. i love hangman. lol

DW190
14th September, 2010, 10:29 PM
Honk Konk Tye Wan Go Wong

barrowmanandrew
15th September, 2010, 12:50 AM
who gives a monkeys!!!!!
they work...
what more do you want...
lol lol lol lol

Elric
15th September, 2010, 12:55 AM
Are these boxes German like the Dbox's or from China like the Dream boxes. Just some general info on the would be nice TBH.
Answers on a postcard
:idea:

the original dreamboxes are german aswell

Gun_Man
15th September, 2010, 04:36 AM
yeah I think the dream boxes did originally come from Germany your right but most of the clones come from China :)
but jokes aside lads a straight answer would have not gone a miss

firestorm
15th September, 2010, 05:04 AM
The question should be why do you want to know were they are made?They are built for the uk market not the eu like eurvox ect
The company has kept there id secret for a reason and its a good reason and the fact that they are getting around the dreaded N3 could bring them a lot of unwanted interest
so a wink is as good as a nod to a blind bat

hearts
15th September, 2010, 08:38 PM
It's irrelevant where the box is made. Unlike the previous boxes, you cant just order these wholesale and off you go.
The box is merely a vehicle for the server.

Gun_Man
16th September, 2010, 03:33 AM
yeh there is a good reason why I want to know, because I had my Dbox2 for years and loved it to bits but in the space of one Dbox2 I went through 2.5 Dream boxes. The first two just seemed to die and the third well it worked when it wanted. After some research I found out that the Dreams were coming from China so I thought if these Krypy views are also Beijing specials I will boycott until they pass the test of time.

wilf
16th September, 2010, 05:32 AM
if those that know where they are made were to tell, they would probs end up hung, drawn and quartered lol . i can assure you they will pass the test of time, me and my mates bought a box of ten when they first issued the A700, god knows how many years ago, we were never without firmware for more than 24hrs and every single one of them were still running when we got hit by n3 back in march/april time, the only part that any of us ever had replaced were the remote control batteries.

DW190
16th September, 2010, 05:05 PM
if those that know where they are made were to tell, they would probs end up hung, drawn and quartered lol . i can assure you they will pass the test of time, me and my mates bought a box of ten when they first issued the A700, god knows how many years ago, we were never without firmware for more than 24hrs and every single one of them were still running when we got hit by n3 back in march/april time, the only part that any of us ever had replaced were the remote control batteries.

I'll sell you a box of 10 A700 now if you want.:idea:

tosh2004
16th September, 2010, 07:31 PM
I'll sell you a box of 10 A700 now if you want.:idea:

how much?
cheers

DW190
16th September, 2010, 09:32 PM
how much?
cheers

The offer was for Wilf and was meant as a joke because the A700s are just fancy doorstops.

cactikid
16th September, 2010, 09:50 PM
radio still works lol

barrowmanandrew
16th September, 2010, 11:14 PM
The offer was for Wilf and was meant as a joke because the A700s are just fancy doorstops.
your too honest lol lol lol

gadgetfiend
17th September, 2010, 06:34 PM
the KV's are manufactured by a very reputable company and are superb build quality, the bad experiences you've had with clone dreamboxes will be most likely be that they were 2 layer pcb units rather than the quality 4 layer versions. 2 layer units built very cheapely with really dodgy components.

goonster
17th September, 2010, 08:47 PM
I can also vouch for the Kryptview,
I had a A700 from its release date and up until recently.
It was very reliable and more importantly the updates were prompt!

richard1949
28th January, 2012, 03:36 PM
Thank a lot china?

rhinoranger
28th January, 2012, 03:57 PM
i know from a reliable sauce that the krypyview's are made and shipped from the planet kryptonite but i don't know how much they cost wholesale

hatchet
28th January, 2012, 04:29 PM
Pretty sure its Korea.

Not sure why its all some secret...

The box is based on another and adapted for the uk market, infact there was a firmware for the other box and you could actually edit that to change the server details.

Can't for the life of me remember what the other box was called.

TheCoder
28th January, 2012, 08:48 PM
Whether its made in Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Germany or UK really doesn't come into things in terms of quality. It depends solely on the production facility that actually does the work.

There are good production faclities in each of those countries and there are also bad ones. As a general rule, electronics manufactured by a decent production facility in the far east tend to be more reliable than stuff manufacured in Europe or the UK, simply because they tend to have the best and latest equipment and techniques. If you cut corners though, and go to a Chinese sweatshop then you'll get pretty much the same results as you would get from a UK sweatshop.

This is mostly reflected in price. Pay a decent rate for your manufacturing and you'll usually end up with good enough quality. Pay peanuts and you end up with crap quality irrespective of the country of origin !