But there are plenty to chose from.

king123
16th April, 2008, 12:00 PM
i agree dream box

but i find the old pace stbs easy to manage

i know im weired.:withstupid:

C64
16th April, 2008, 12:42 PM
If he bought a Pace then he'd need to worry about cams and cards mate, linux boxes can just emu all of it :)

I used to have an old Pace MSS500 analogue box, great fun connected to my D2MAC decoder :)

thommo
16th April, 2008, 01:48 PM
depends how savvy you are even the guys that said dream box will agree the technomate are easier to setup and to keep running with the softcams. usb upload and away.

dont go into the c/s as the dream is better for that but just for extra channels inc films and footy the technomate.

if you know what your doing go dream if you want ease of setup and day to day running then technomate.

opcbonas1234
16th April, 2008, 02:27 PM
best sat box must be the dreambox by far

dj_klodi
16th April, 2008, 05:20 PM
dreamboxx 7000 for me

loads support images,emu.etc

alec
16th April, 2008, 08:46 PM
I used to have an old Pace MSS500 analogue box, great fun connected to my D2MAC decoder

The good old D2mac decoder, I used to use it on the Swedish channels before
they went digital. I thought it had gone out of fashion.
I remember the Sat shops, used to charge over ?15 to put in the new codes in the card, when you could do it your self, for nothing.

C64
16th April, 2008, 09:01 PM
I used to have an old Pace MSS500 analogue box, great fun connected to my D2MAC decoder

The good old D2mac decoder, I used to use it on the Swedish channels before
they went digital. I thought it had gone out of fashion.
I remember the Sat shops, used to charge over ?15 to put in the new codes in the card, when you could do it your self, for nothing.

It was a lot more fun in those days wasn't it mate?

There were only a handfull of scumbags (traders) knocking around and the entire scene had an air of mystery around it, not like today when it's common place to steal telly, lol.

I'm sure you'll rememeber when there was only 1 TV1000 and only one Canal+ and we all had our dished aimed at 1 deg west, the TV3's were our version of Sky One, ~~~~ing brilliant :)

I used to have a multimac card but i got fed up with cards and started using season software and an season interface.

'

alec
16th April, 2008, 11:07 PM
I used to watch TV1000 and Filmnet.
I built up a 1 meter motorised dish, and it was brill- free films, sport and ~~~~.
It save me a small fortune when I cancelled Sky.
The good old days.

metall1
19th April, 2008, 09:44 AM
watch best sat box to enable extra channels that dont cost to much

Go for the Eagle box, good little reciever, gemini and similar images do take a little bit of setting up though.

AlexSNC
25th April, 2008, 07:34 PM
dm 500 or smart mx04

krazylegz
26th April, 2008, 12:52 AM
if you get a eagle or dm500c (clone) do not put gemeni 4.3.1 on it will kill your box and it will need to be jtagged to get it working again..............and for this reason everyone should boycot gemeni images the ~~~~ers.

the best receiver out at the minute is the DM7025 and pretty soon the DM800 will be the new best reciever out...........big bucks tho:(

mantadob
27th April, 2008, 11:15 PM
Guys, is a Dbox 2 sat receiver worth the effort to set it up? I kno nothing about satelite receivers but I am familiar with Dbox2's for cable :)

krazylegz
27th April, 2008, 11:42 PM
i wouldnt get a dbox for satellite m8.....get a dreambox basicly the same as a dbox to setup up but loads more support and images

mantadob
27th April, 2008, 11:47 PM
Cheers, are dreamboxes plug and play or do I need anything else to receive other than free to air?

krazylegz
28th April, 2008, 10:28 AM
no m8 you'll need to install a cam(emu) and keys usually available from the addon server of the image when connected to the internet.

if you just want ease of use then also consider a TM5400 usb m8

mantadob
28th April, 2008, 11:57 PM
Cheers mate, I need very easy to use cos it's for my dad! I'll take a look at a TM5400.

jims
12th May, 2008, 09:03 PM
I got to agree with witchy2k1
also 500s has fast development

Neil
13th May, 2008, 03:23 AM
I have a bit of a dreambox fettish going on here. A 7025+ CC and a 600C for cable and my trusty 7000s for sat. I would not change the 7000s for anything except maybe a 7025 with 2 sat tuners.

There is a guy on the sat forum I go one that has 2 7025's, one with 2 cable tuners and one with 2 sat tuners. A proper set up he has there :)

If we are still talking analog I still have a Pace MSS1000 and a D2Mac decoder. I also have a home made filmnet decoder somewhere from the Sky analog days :)

Also have an On Digital box with hard wired in season interface, you could decode it with a PC months before it came out on a gold card :)

I bet there is still a Seca 1 digital sat box in the loft as well for when D+ was still seca 1.

I do keep a lot of old crap don't I :)

felix1
13th May, 2008, 04:51 AM
i too have a DM7025.as far as im concerned its the best non HD box ever. once you've got over the shock of forking out all that money there is so much to do with it. and even now i cant do everything with it that i should be able to.

for ease and low cost yea you could go for the DM500 (or clone) but they are lacking so much by comparison. treat yourself. go for the 7025. think or it as a sky+ plus any other box PLUS server all in one.

great buy.

brummyb
23rd May, 2008, 03:42 AM
dreambox or technomate im about to set my friend up he lives in a caravan wondering which box will deffo be best and easy to load .thx in advance:evil:

westkill
23rd May, 2008, 06:34 AM
dreambox or technomate im about to set my friend up he lives in a caravan wondering which box will deffo be best and easy to load .thx in advance:evil:

i have dreamboxes which i like alot, if i had to get a different box it would defantly be a technomate
still dosent answer your question does it :o

Curious123
25th May, 2008, 07:33 PM
To get the maximum out of a dreambox you would probably need a broadband connection. The way I would look at it is I would want the minimum of hassle from my friend once the box has been set up and configured so technomates being much more user friendly would be the way to go for your mate.

mus_26c
29th May, 2008, 03:52 PM

I am using technomate TM 9100 at the moment with lots of images to support, including Dreambox images.

krazylegz
30th May, 2008, 02:09 AM
dreambox images dont work on a 9100 m8.

itgate ones do;)

jimbo69jones
30th May, 2008, 02:27 AM
Can't we all just get along? :party:

jloys
30th May, 2008, 07:18 PM
I had quite a few boxes along the way from nokias to Relook ... I personaly like dreamboxes Im now waiting for the 800 to add to the collection. As said above to get most of the db you need a bradband connection.

jloys

CharlesCY
1st June, 2008, 08:51 AM
Dreambox is the best!!!

alom5
5th December, 2008, 03:15 PM
looking for some help please....I just bought a dbox2 for satellite....just wondering how to get it going. Is it the same as the dbox2 for cable? just stick the file in keys and away you go....or is there a lot more work to it than that....like changing image and so on...

Will it pick up ALL the sky channels or pretty much like the cable version.

thanks for your help.