PDA

View Full Version : mercedes A CLASS problems

allforfun
15th September, 2010, 07:21 PM
ive been messing around pulling fuses out etc as my back doors are not locking now ive created a fault with the alarm system basically the alarm kicks in every time i open the doors and the hazards start flasing the siren does not work but i cannot drive around with flashing hazards is there any way to reset this alarm without the keyfob ? as that does not work either many thanks really desperate here http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

Liteace
15th September, 2010, 07:29 PM
lock the door with the key and then when you unlock it unlock it twice even know it will unlock the 1st time, that may reset it

allforfun
15th September, 2010, 07:34 PM
tried that still no joy

Meat-Head
15th September, 2010, 07:36 PM
a) suggest both back motors are seized, BUT THINK aclass is a vacum system - suggest hairleak, but it's back doors, weird.

b) suggest it has an afterthoght scorpion alarm.

listen for the clicking under the dash, unplug, hope car starts.

love dk long time

cleevesy
15th September, 2010, 07:49 PM
Sounds like it has an aftermarket alarm,which is an add on from factory find the module and disconnect it. and like meathead said a class works on air for the central locking so u mite have a leak, also pump in the boot is prone to water ingress. hope this helps

Ashraf6119
15th September, 2010, 07:53 PM
Hi

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for few min and than reconnect it, it will reset all the systems which you were messing about with them.

Hope this helps.

Ash

Meat-Head
15th September, 2010, 07:57 PM
also pump in the boot is prone to water ingress. hope this helps

as it door switches prone to getting snapped off

Hi

Have you tried disconnecting the battery

HI

DISCONNECTING THE BATTERY WILL UPSET THE ABS AND THE WINDOWS, BUT THEN AGAIN, YOU HAVE BENN PULLING FUSES, LIKE A DENTIST PULLS TEETH.

HTH

MEAT

allforfun
15th September, 2010, 08:19 PM
the car stars fine even when the alarm kicks in there is a clicking under the dash left hand side under glove box ive taken relay out and still does the same ive tried disconecting battery but as soon as reconnect it alarm starts again basically you get out close the door and as soon as you open it alarm starts again the only way i can get it to stop is pull the indicator fuse out car still runs fine then but no indicators or elec windows Anyone know where the alarm is and can i disconnect it ?

allforfun
16th September, 2010, 10:43 AM
ive solved the alarm problem temporaily ive disconnected every door switch for interior light now alarm is still armed but is not going off as it thinks the doors are still closed so that will do for now the boot does lock from the button inside the car but does not work on central locking the only door that locks on the key is drivers door the front doors lock on button inside car but back doors do not lock at all ive had a quick look and the back door button thats contacted to a wire basically you can pull the wire out so i assume this has snapped of ? from somewhere any ideas ? as toi where i start here ? like i said the central locking does not work from the key or remote.

allforfun
19th September, 2010, 12:12 PM
im still ahving problems with this alarm is there anyway to disconnect it and hows it done ? as this alarm although oem spec is an after market add on with mercedes so there must be a way to take it off ? anyboddy got any instuctions on how to do this ? as theres wires everywhere ? under the dash on drivers side where alarm module is ive found the module but what wire do i put where ?

the_riddler
19th September, 2010, 12:26 PM
im still ahving problems with this alarm is there anyway to disconnect it and hows it done ? as this alarm although oem spec is an after market add on with mercedes so there must be a way to take it off ? anyboddy got any instuctions on how to do this ? as theres wires everywhere ? under the dash on drivers side where alarm module is ive found the module but what wire do i put where ?

you where anwsered in this forum..
"mecedesclub.org"

what do you not understand??

allforfun
19th September, 2010, 12:38 PM
i dont understand where the wires from the alarm box goto ? when i disconect them where on the car do they go ? where do they plug into ? as car will not start with them just disconected ?

drdre78
19th September, 2010, 01:25 PM
hi sounds like siren fautly.aslo check in boot where spare wheel is the pump in boot usally gets water in harns.As for alarm wires they go to instrument cluster.usally goes into eletric box cable tired to steering culmon then to cluster.

the_riddler
19th September, 2010, 01:29 PM
i dont understand where the wires from the alarm box goto ? when i disconect them where on the car do they go ? where do they plug into ? as car will not start with them just disconected ?

cant remember if you need to do this for 1 multi-plug or 2,

this might help....
its kinda hard to explain............

allforfun
19th September, 2010, 02:16 PM
heres some pictures i belive the siemans one is the alarm as thats where the ultra sonics and red dash light are plugged into i cannot disconnect this and put togther as there is only one main plug this is the problem im having if there were two wires that plugged into each other it would be easy but theres not really struggling on this

allforfun
19th September, 2010, 06:45 PM
anyboddy help me out here ?

Meat-Head
19th September, 2010, 07:25 PM
anyboddy help me out here ?

Looks like will have to contact Admin, as the 'Thanks' button seems to have stopped working.

Agree 10000000000% with 'TheRiddler' Got one of them boxes in my garage, in your photo.

Forgot/too lasy to read thread, but does the O/E remote still work?

the_riddler
19th September, 2010, 08:36 PM
looked at your photos, but its been long time, since i removed one,

But follow both of the black looms (the ones from rectangle sockets), one will be part of the vehicle harness.....
then where the other goes, if i remember correctly, it will plug into a socket,, diconnect this and connect plug from vehicle harness...

and i think the big square plug does the same around ignition switch / coloum...

I am doing this from memory, it should be easier for you, as you have vehicle in front of you...

If this does not help then please call Auto electrician to help you, they shouldn't charge much..

allforfun
20th September, 2010, 08:09 AM
all sorted now found another box that i now know is the alarm disconnected that and car is fine now no hazards coming on or anything many thanks to all that helped me.