PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know a way I can connect a dreambox to a tft monitor ??

FLINTY
16th April, 2008, 09:30 AM
Hi

I have got a 22" tft monitor and I aint got room for a tv aswell so I was hoping that it would be possible to connect my dreambox to the tft.
Its got a vga and a dvi connector on the back of it and that all.

If i cannot connect it to the tft can i connect it to my graphics card ?

I would appreciate any ideas.

Cheers Flinty

edds
16th April, 2008, 10:02 AM
Don't know how relevant this is, but here goes...
Old PC with TV in card. The dbox video out is connected to RCA phonos using a scart plug adaptor and the PC is connected to a TFT monitor. Mine's just a 15" but works fine using WinDVR that came with the PCI TV card.

I have absolutely no idea how you'd do it without a PC. Maybe you have room to hide an old one perhaps behind the monitor?

teleboss
16th April, 2008, 01:03 PM
Hi

I have got a 22" tft monitor and I aint got room for a tv aswell so I was hoping that it would be possible to connect my dreambox to the tft.
Its got a vga and a dvi connector on the back of it and that all.

If i cannot connect it to the tft can i connect it to my graphics card ?

I would appreciate any ideas.

Cheers Flinty

The Dreambox 500 does not have a VGA or HDMI out, Only Comp video S-video and RGB, there is a chance that your TFT might support RGB but you will have to look up the manual to see what RGB support is avaible.

You can buy a Comp Video/S-Video to VGA converter but the quality would be good enough for tv pictures.

One of the companies is trust multimedia, they do a video to VGA converter.
Hope this helps

FLINTY
17th April, 2008, 04:50 PM
Cheers for that man

I am gonna connect my dreambox to an old tv for now then sell my Tft and buy a proper lcd tv with a pc connection on it.