PDA

View Full Version : Set up of Freesat HD Box with Sky+ Box

CFH
16th September, 2010, 11:37 AM
HELP PLEASE!! I have just bought a Humax Freesat HD Box and I do not know how to connect it whilst retaining my Sky+ box and recording facilities. I live in a flat with a communal aerial and have the twin satellite cables coming into the flat and the Sky+ box works perfectly. Another forum said to take Feed 1 out of the Sky box and connect it to the LNB Line In on the Humax box and then attach another cable from the Humax OUT back into the Sky box. That sounds fine but there is no satellite OUT line on the Humax box.
There is no way I can run extra cables from the dish and I cannot get rid of the Sky+ box as I am under contract for the next 12 months.
Hope somebody can tell me what to do. Thanks.

dasteph
16th September, 2010, 11:46 AM
try a cable splitter, put your sky feed into the splitter then use 2 cables from the splitter 1 to your sky box and 1 to your freesat box.

CFH
16th September, 2010, 12:28 PM
Yes that sounds like a solution. I take it that I would only have to split one of the cables as there is only one input into the Humax box. Thanks again, Craig

dasteph
16th September, 2010, 02:14 PM
it may be a case of trial and error to find which you need, i have freesat but i only have one feed from the dish.

manxspud
17th September, 2010, 10:02 AM
You can try a signal splitter, however my experience has been that you will not be able to view all the available channels on both box's. The best way is to replace the lnb on the dish with a quad lnb and run another cable to the freesat box. Lnb's and cable are very cheap to buy on ebay.

Good luck @manx
@manx

CFH
17th September, 2010, 07:05 PM
Thanks for your suggestion but as it is a communal dish, I am unable to alter it in any way or run furthet cables from it.

manxspud
18th September, 2010, 07:56 AM
Thanks for your suggestion but as it is a communal dish, I am unable to alter it in any way or run furthet cables from it.

Which reading now i am sober you did say in the op lol

CFH
19th September, 2010, 08:04 PM
I have now given up and put the Humax on ebay!!. If I connected one of the satellite leads to the Humax, the Sky+ would not work. Humax said that a splitter could not be used as the signal would be weakened. Oh well! It was a good idea at the time to get HD TV.

viddie
15th October, 2010, 02:01 PM
u said two cables runnin into appartment from dish, then one should go to sly box while the other goes to ur humax box, then from ur humax box, use the HDMI connexion to ur tv

immi
11th November, 2010, 02:09 AM
hi dasteph please help me in assisting me,i need to buy a good system in cable box,since u are a sinior member if its not truble please, i do not know much about this.i live in london and just joind dk. i am a moor mechanic.

cloudnineuk54
11th November, 2010, 02:15 AM
hi dasteph please help me in assisting me,i need to buy a good system in cable box,since u are a sinior member if its not truble please, i do not know much about this.i live in london and just joind dk. i am a moor mechanic.

do you mean a sat box,as you have posted in a freesat section?

dasteph
11th November, 2010, 09:36 AM

reading the about me at the side of your post i assume you are looking at buying a kryptview box, if this is the case then the box that is mentioned on this forum is the kryptview A780.
in order to get this box to work you will need a cable tv feed and also a internet feed which you use to work round the nagra 3 encryption by the way of card sharing, which you will have to use google to find more about as c/s is not up for disscusion on this forum.
if you have any more questions post in the cable section of the forum on the krypview page where you will get more info on these boxes.