PDA

View Full Version : which receiver? for Diablo.

wooper
2nd December, 2008, 11:04 AM
Hi all.

More help please, your advice has been fantastic so far (creep, creep).

Anyways, ordered my Diablo CAM, which should be here today, dug out my old Techmate 7755, set it all up but nothing. Changed fuse and changed cable. Nowt. Wife tells me it was knocked off a high surface!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, not so bothered about that, was thinking of getting a new one, so no probs.

But, which box would you recomend. Must have cam slot for Diablo, be patchable (I guess most are!!), and motor compatable for future plan to go motorised. Not bothered about HD, so under ?100 would be good.

Was looking at maybe the Technomate TMS 1500 CI plus with conax card reader, but am open to other opinions. Thanks.

wooper
2nd December, 2008, 11:06 AM
Or maybe the TM 5400 CI plus.

I really dont know.

thanks

benny/9
2nd December, 2008, 12:04 PM
Or maybe the TM 5400 CI plus.

I really dont know.

thanks
hi wooper,
the tm 5400 is a good choice and it has cam and card slots i would never recommend buying a tm receiver without these and with these new models you have the usb port to load the software and patches with a memory stick, just be aware that patches dont open
very much at the moment now some providers are changing to nagra 3 but things change fast in this hobby and iv'e never been without something to view
and as one closes something else opens, this is why the diablo is a good buy at the moment, it opens some
great channels. plus if you dont have a HD ready tv there is no point in getting a HD sat box, also near where you live i have a contact for null modem cables and memory sticks if you need to buy them.

wooper
2nd December, 2008, 12:12 PM
Thanks again Benny for your prompt reply.

Looking around the web I think I will go for the 5400, am itching away with my bank card as we speak.

On fleabay there are offers with already embeded software, ie conax, viaccess etc. Now as I will be using with my Diablo its not so important to have the software, or is it?

Think I will be going for this one.

Thanks again benny for your quick responce, your advice is invaluable.

benny/9
2nd December, 2008, 12:19 PM
Thanks again Benny for your prompt reply.

Looking around the web I think I will go for the 5400, am itching away with my bank card as we speak.

On fleabay there are offers with already embeded software, ie conax, viaccess etc. Now as I will be using with my Diablo its not so important to have the software, or is it?

Think I will be going for this one.

Thanks again benny for your quick responce, your advice is invaluable.
good choice mate, the tm5400 is a replacement for the tm1500 that is not made now, as i said this has extra features like the usb port and twice the channel space, it's double from 5.000 chns on the 1500 to 10.000 on the tm 5400 plus a more
sensitive tuner for the weaker transponders

wooper
2nd December, 2008, 12:26 PM
Cool, am going to order right now.

Expect dumb questions on motors anytime soon, prob after christmas now.

By the way, emailed that satellite company in Liverpool, but no reply.

May try calling them, but as I say, after crimbo. Will be fun looking round 16e, plus have my cable kryptview to keep me amused.

At lease I wont have Digitalb men supposedly knocking at the door same as Virgin guys on the cable threads!!!!!!!!

.: JaCkPoT :.
2nd December, 2008, 05:13 PM
tm 5400 great choice!!!!!
now a TM 2200 motor awaits you!!

wooper
2nd December, 2008, 05:59 PM
thanks sadiq, will keep that in mind.

all great help on here.

Techmate should be here weds!!

yey!!!