dsskaren
18th September, 2010, 12:14 AM
I up graded my nexiq drivers & now I only list
Nexiq - USB - USB-link ALDL passthrough &
BT- USB -link ALDL passthrough
that is the only settings under Nexiq ? in International ABS
befor I had under Nexiq usb link
BT link
I uninstall the nexiq drivers & reinstalled the old drivers (same thing)
I uninstall international ABS same thing does not list
USB link , just USB ALDL passthrough ?
I cleaned the reg of both nexiq & abs program .
all other programs internalional MD32 ,DLB & Maxx Force all list nexiq USB & BT but not in International ABS ?
any one run into this problem ?
Thanks for any help ( I know I missed something stupid but can't put my finger on it ) :(

RSwire
18th September, 2010, 02:31 AM
What version do you have? I have HABS ver 2.0 and it lists only IC4, international, nexiq usb link.

rp1210a
18th September, 2010, 02:34 AM
check the RP121032.ini in your c:/windows directory. Open it and and make sure that it looks like this minus the quotes

"[RP1210Support]
APIImplementations=NXULNK32"

Make sure NXULNK32 is listed first if there is more than one adapter listed or just delete the others if u only use a Nexiq USB-link

example:

"[RP1210Support]
APIImplementations=NXULNK32,ETNBB32,NSIRP32"

If that doesnt fix your problem, make a copy of the "RP12032.ini" file and name it "RP121032a.ini"

Last thing u can try is open C:\Navistar\HydraulicABS\V??
There will be 2 files named AllowedDLL.def and ApprovedDLL.def
Open them and add "NXULNK32" to the list

hercamp
18th September, 2010, 04:11 AM
if can u download ..idss..can u get idss drivers too are the newer for nexiq usb link.. into software.

is only suggestion..m8 I hope that help`u.

dsskaren
19th September, 2010, 05:42 AM
What version do you have? I have HABS ver 2.0 and it lists only IC4, international, nexiq usb link.
yes I have ver 2.0

dsskaren
19th September, 2010, 05:43 AM
check the RP121032.ini in your c:/windows directory. Open it and and make sure that it looks like this minus the quotes

"[RP1210Support]
APIImplementations=NXULNK32"

Make sure NXULNK32 is listed first if there is more than one adapter listed or just delete the others if u only use a Nexiq USB-link

example:

"[RP1210Support]
APIImplementations=NXULNK32,ETNBB32,NSIRP32"

If that doesnt fix your problem, make a copy of the "RP12032.ini" file and name it "RP121032a.ini"

Last thing u can try is open C:\Navistar\HydraulicABS\V??
There will be 2 files named AllowedDLL.def and ApprovedDLL.def
Open them and add "NXULNK32" to the list
I tried all of that & still same problem ?
I am still working on it .

rp1210a
19th September, 2010, 06:01 AM
is the NXULNK32.dll file in your c:/windows/system32 folder?

also make sure all the file names and changes to files in above posts dont include " "

dsskaren
19th September, 2010, 06:50 AM
this is a snap shot of what I have going on .
nexiq usb works ok in md32,intune etc but not in International ABS v 2.0 but it was working before ?
now it just shows usb ALDL pass through ? :(

rp1210a
19th September, 2010, 07:28 AM
I should have read your post better, its finding the NXULNK32.dll file but selecting the wrong available protocol. Last attempt before i call it quits...

Copy "NXULNK32.ini" from 1st folder to c:/windows directory and see if "ALDL Modified" comes up as an adapter choice in ABS choice and select that.

If that doesnt work copy "NXULNK32.ini" from 2nd folder to c:/windows directory and see if "ALDL modified2" comes up as an adapter choice in ABS choice and select that.

NOTE: copy to c:/windows directory not the c:/windows/system32 directory that the rp1210a.ini file is in.

dsskaren
20th September, 2010, 05:52 AM
I should have read your post better, its finding the NXULNK32.dll file but selecting the wrong available protocol. Last attempt before i call it quits...

Copy "NXULNK32.ini" from 1st folder to c:/windows directory and see if "ALDL Modified" comes up as an adapter choice in ABS choice and select that.

If that doesnt work copy "NXULNK32.ini" from 2nd folder to c:/windows directory and see if "ALDL modified2" comes up as an adapter choice in ABS choice and select that.

NOTE: copy to c:/windows directory not the c:/windows/system32 directory that the rp1210a.ini file is in.
Hey M8 thanks for the hand ,but I have the same problem :( So I took a fresh laptop with only xp pro ,installed the old nexiq drivers ver 6.0 that came
with my kit. than installed international ABS ver 2.0 & got the same thing ? only USB ALDL pass through ? This think is kicking my ass ....................

rp1210a
20th September, 2010, 03:02 PM
With the last fix it will still show you ALDL as the only option. The file was modified to use J1708 even though ALDL is selected.
Did you try connecting to the truck using both files?