PDA

View Full Version : Any advice on what sat nav to buy!

turbo101
16th April, 2008, 10:42 AM
Please can anyone give me a little advice :idea:on the best sat nav to buy for under ?200.

All advice welcome

Thanks all.

:rock:

biffo1
16th April, 2008, 11:25 AM
TomTom One V3 Great Britain Sat Nav

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z39/biffo1/tomtom1.jpg
?119.99 Free Delivery

RRP: ?179.99 | You save: ?60.00 (33%)

In stock | Usually dispatched within 24 hours

Specifications

* Long Term Orbit enhanced navigation with Global Locate's Hammerhead GPS chip
* 32MB RAM
* CPU 266 MHz
* 3.5 inch full TFT colour LCD touchscreen (320 x 240 pixels, 64.000 colors)
* Internal Litium-Ion battery (2 hours operation)
* 96 x 82 x 25 mm, 174 grams
* Operating temperature: -10 ?C to +55 ?C

Description

The TomTom ONE

TomTom ONE combines ease of use, portability, touchscreen technology and an elegant, unmistakable new design.Drivers can enjoy the benefits of a TomTom ONE immediately, thanks to TomTom's award-winning plug and drive navigation software pre-installed on a memory card. This means there is no need to download complicated software, just plug in and start using. TomTom ONE comes with the latest regional maps of your Country/Region. With TomTom ONE, everyONE can find their way from A to B!

Drive relaxed, travel safely, arrive on time!

The TomTom ONE series
TomTom ONE is everything you need from a straightforward portable satellite navigator. Easy to use navigation that gets you from A to B more comfortably. Whether you go for the map of your region or the whole of Western Europe, TomTom ONE provides true door-to-door navigation with the best possible spoken and visual instructions. Loud & clear directions in your own language and a high quality touchscreen with a crystal clear 3D view. The portable, wallet-sized design also means it's easy to take your ONE with you.

TomTom ONE 3RD Edition

With TomTom ONE you stay absolutely up-to-date with TomTom Map Share, which allows you to add map corrections that have been submitted by the community of TomTom users and verified by TomTom. You can also make corrections of your own, should you encounter a new change to the roads - and share such changes with other users. Also, the ONE comes with the "Help Me" button on the main menu which provides direct access to safety and road assistance information in case of emergency. There's even more! The ONE comes with fixed safety camera locations.

TomTom is powered by Tele Atlas Quality Maps.

Tele Atlas is a leading worldwide map data provider for personal navigation solutions. In a rapidly expanding industry and changing world, Tele Atlas continuously produces rich, fresh and accurate quality maps.

Tele Atlas brand promise: find more, reflects how we see a world where people do not just want to move from A to B, but want to find interesting things and places on the way: restaurants, hotels, petrol stations, museums and so on. It's not about just guiding users to destinations but also helping them easily find the people, places and products that interest them the most.

TomTom One XL Western Europe Satellite Navigation

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z39/biffo1/tomtom2.jpg
?159.99 Free Delivery

RRP: ?279.99 | You save: ?120.00 (42%)

In stock | Usually dispatched within 24 hours

Specifications

* Plug and Go: works straight out of the box
* Large 4.3" high quality touchscreen
* Easy-to-use navigation: with user-friendly menu and TomTom's award winning software
* Tip Feature: discover everything ONE XL has to offer through useful onscreen tips
* Portable, light and easy to handle
* Highly sensitive GPS chipset
* 32 MB RAM
* CPU 266 MHz
* 4.3 inch full TFT colour LCD touchscreen (480 x 272 pixels, 64.000 colors)
* Internal Litium-Ion battery (2 hours operation)
* 119 x 86 x 27 mm, 208 grams
* Operating temperature: -10 ?C to +55 ?C
* Bluetooth 2.0

Description

The TomTom ONE XL has everything you need to make your trip safer, more relaxed and more fun.

At its heart lies TomTom's award-winning plug-and-go navigation software, but the new 4.3" wide high-quality touchscreen makes navigating even easier.

Your ONE XL has a pre-installed database of safety camera locations in the UK. This database is fully integrated in your ONE XL navigation software and alerts to warn you when there is a fixed safety camera on your route.

There's a large choice of route options and to make your trip complete, thousands of useful and fun Points of Interest pre-installed for on the way.

In other words, the TomTom ONE XL makes getting there better than ever.

TomTom is powered by Tele Atlas Quality Maps.

Tele Atlas is a leading worldwide map data provider for personal navigation solutions. In a rapidly expanding industry and changing world, Tele Atlas continuously produces rich, fresh and accurate quality maps.

Tele Atlas brand promise: find more, reflects how we see a world where people do not just want to move from A to B, but want to find interesting things and places on the way: restaurants, hotels, petrol stations, museums and so on. It?s not about just guiding users to destinations but also helping them easily find the people, places and products that interest them the most.

turbo101
16th April, 2008, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the advice, any advice on the best web sites to buy from

Thanks for the help

thommo
16th April, 2008, 01:52 PM
if your not a "i want brand new" go for a refurb i got a tt 700 its one of the better ones with bluetooth ect...got it and it was "as new" and i paid less than a new tt go for it. the instructions hadnt even been opened, looks like it was a catalogue return of something.

ronb62
16th April, 2008, 04:52 PM
The others advice of TOMTOM is good! I have both a garmin unit and Tomtom on my phone. Both are great but one other thing to look out for maybe the cost of updating your maps!! you need to research this yourself looking at the maps you require and the unit you would be putting it on. If you don't intend to keep it for more than 2-3 years then just go for the tomtom ONE XL.
Regards
Ron

turbo101
17th April, 2008, 09:14 PM
Thanks for all your input it has been very helpfull!!!!!!

:party:

goldie08
17th April, 2008, 09:17 PM
think your better off with a2z sat navs send you round the bend

metall1
19th April, 2008, 01:15 PM
Please can anyone give me a little advice :idea:on the best sat nav to buy for under ?200.

All advice welcome

Thanks all.

:rock:

If you are looking for a good PDA with satnav capabilities I'd recommend the Mitac Mio P550, it's got a 20 channel receiver, WLAN and bluetooth, so as well as using it for satnav you can use it for your ms office & emails. I've been using mine for about 6 mths, never had a problem with it.

With the availability of all the maps on the internet now you'll have no problem finding a package that you'll like, Tomtom, Destinator, etc all work on it.
I paid ?220 for mine but it's worth the extra ?20, it might be cheaper now.

cgy
29th April, 2008, 05:29 PM
Go For the TomTom as all maps are easily obtainable from any good torrent site!!

Free...

turbo101
30th April, 2008, 09:25 AM
Thanks for all you advice I ended up going down the refurb option and got myself a tomtom go 910 for under ?150 with one year tomtom warranty.

Thanks all!!!!!!!!

liv4europe
30th April, 2008, 04:33 PM
navigator is good for ppc