PDA

View Full Version : Dbox Help Needed

hails2008
16th April, 2008, 11:03 AM
Ok guys I am looking for some help.

I am trying to connect my dbox to my pc. I have followed the guide on how to connect using FlashFXP and done everything that the guide says. In FlashFXP it says that the dbox is connected but it does not show any of the files on the dbox. I have been trying since yesterday and still not having any success, it's really bugging me now cos it's probably something really stupid and simple. Any help would be appreciated as the celtic game is on tonight and the hubby is doin ma nut in lol

Thanks guys.

Jaffa
16th April, 2008, 11:07 AM
If it is connected but not showing any files it could be because it is default to an empty folder, have you tried click on the folder up icon beside the star on the right panel to take it to the root folder ???

father ted
16th April, 2008, 11:08 AM
Ok guys I am looking for some help.

I am trying to connect my dbox to my pc. I have followed the guide on how to connect using FlashFXP and done everything that the guide says. In FlashFXP it says that the dbox is connected but it does not show any of the files on the dbox. I have been trying since yesterday and still not having any success, it's really bugging me now cos it's probably something really stupid and simple. Any help would be appreciated as the celtic game is on tonight and the hubby is doin ma nut in lol

Thanks guys.

so when you open up flash on the left hand side can you see your stuff on your computer like eg cdrve my documnets and so on ?on the right side is teh the files list blank?look up and see if your maybe on a file folder that has nothing in it ?if this is the case tab up until you get to a list of folders are you sure your connected though ?if you are navigate to var/keys and put the new ones in there

hails2008
16th April, 2008, 11:36 AM
so when you open up flash on the left hand side can you see your stuff on your computer like eg cdrve my documnets and so on ?on the right side is teh the files list blank?look up and see if your maybe on a file folder that has nothing in it ?if this is the case tab up until you get to a list of folders are you sure your connected though ?if you are navigate to var/keys and put the new ones in there

Yes on left is files on computer but no files showing on right. Bottom right it says connected to dbox so I am assuming it is connected. I have tabbed but still nothing, just keep getting egg timer and then it disconnects.

C64
16th April, 2008, 11:42 AM
Egg timer would mean that it's having trouble talking to the box and it's busy trying to establish a connection. Turn your Windows Firewall OFF and any other firewalls that my be installed and try again.

Remember you need the username and password, most images use the default username of 'root' and password is 'dbox2', but this may be diferent depending on what image u use, eg, Team Commando tend to use 'commando' as their password.

hails2008
17th April, 2008, 12:34 PM
Still not getting anywhere with this. I am using sportster so should be root and dbox2 for username and password, have tried dbox also as password and still no success. I am running a nokia dbox2 and trying to connect using crossover cable to pc. I have tried this on xp and vista and no success on either. It is telling me that target is not allowing connection any help appreciated.

Dowie
17th April, 2008, 05:12 PM
Could it possibly be a firewall issue? I had that with my dbox about 2 months ago

Dowie