PDA

View Full Version : arnet kryptview a780

01jambo
20th September, 2010, 09:03 PM
Hi thinking of buying a arnet kryptview a780. Are they easy to set up and where can i get firmware + loader? Before I had starview 2 are they similar to set and use? I live in bournemouth will they work ok here? Thanks

barrowmanandrew
20th September, 2010, 09:05 PM
there a doddle to set up m8
read this sticky (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f99/kryptview-firmware-loading-guide-tutorial-42524/)
and yes it will work...

01jambo
20th September, 2010, 09:18 PM
Thanks
Do you think they are about the best box to buy at the moment.

barrowmanandrew
20th September, 2010, 09:28 PM
have a read through the forums m8...
make your own mind up :)

marvelous
24th September, 2010, 01:33 PM
Hi, please can someone help??? I had a Starview USB II (R.I.P) so now thinking of purchasing a Krptview a780.

Firstly, will this box 'work' if I download the latest firmware (Lancashire based, dreaded ng3, hence death of Starview.. VM broadband)?
If so, does the a780 have to be constantly connected to my pc (double living-room, pc 1 end, tv opposite end.. 20ft away!) You can see my trouble...

Apart from that, fantastic site, great info available, thank you!!

Pad578
24th September, 2010, 03:16 PM
Hi, please can someone help??? I had a Starview USB II (R.I.P) so now thinking of purchasing a Krptview a780.

Firstly, will this box 'work' if I download the latest firmware (Lancashire based, dreaded ng3, hence death of Starview.. VM broadband)?
If so, does the a780 have to be constantly connected to my pc (double living-room, pc 1 end, tv opposite end.. 20ft away!) You can see my trouble...

Apart from that, fantastic site, great info available, thank you!!

Yes this box will work,

No you only connect it to your pc once to flash the image, all other updates are done through your Lan connection.

It does however need to be permanently connected to your router.

Chuckiiie
6th October, 2010, 07:18 PM
Okay just been reading through various pages about the kryptaview and its made me so confused.

So does it need internet access 24/7 or does it only need it for set up and also how do you set ti up

Pad578
6th October, 2010, 07:26 PM
Okay just been reading through various pages about the kryptaview and its made me so confused.

So does it need internet access 24/7 or does it only need it for set up and also how do you set ti up

It needs an internet connection to view channels.

Read this for set up instructions.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f99/kryptview-firmware-loading-guide-tutorial-42524/

badapple
6th October, 2010, 07:29 PM

M8, Did you not read the post above yours!

Here how to set it up>http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f99/kryptview-firmware-loading-guide-tutorial-42524/

Chuckiiie
6th October, 2010, 07:50 PM
im ginger what can i say !

Chuckiiie
6th October, 2010, 07:50 PM
Can it connect to wireless?

blueflash234
6th October, 2010, 09:31 PM
if virgin's supplying your broadband and you buy one of these box's is there not a very good chance virgin will know what your doing. just a thought

cactikid
6th October, 2010, 10:32 PM
they want the bigger fish not a tadpole lol

blueflash234
7th October, 2010, 11:06 AM
while that may be true, when this new digital act becomes law they may want to go after everybody,or they may be required by the act to do something about it, if they made an example of one everybody would be running for cover, just a thought, i dont really know but you never know

jumpinjo
7th October, 2010, 08:46 PM
i dont really know

thats the only thing in your statement you can be sure of.

jonod
18th May, 2011, 07:23 PM
Lookiing for firmware to flash my box.