PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best tv for Gaming on ??

Saltire
21st September, 2010, 12:05 AM
LED or LCD ??? forget the plasma, too much electric to run them, i know cause i own two, lol.

whats best, want best pictures and near instant response time etc ??

appreciate anyones info asap as i could be wanting one VERY soon as in days.

cheers.

models and model numbers would help of course.

Saltire
21st September, 2010, 01:54 AM
anyone ???

rIKmAN
24th September, 2010, 04:28 AM
Your question is too broad mate.

What I think is superb quality picture, you may think is shite and vice versa.

I can't comment on LED for gaming, as I have only ever owned 42" LCD screens, and wouldn't buy anything that wasn't FullHD (1920x1080 native res) and had a good response time.

The 2 screens I own both fit this criteria and both give amazing picture quality when running from a HD source (PS3/360/PC etc).

One word of warning is to check the screen does FullHD over all inputs, as some only do it via HDMI and lock other inputs (VGA/DVI) to a lower res like 1366x768.

Saltire
24th September, 2010, 04:39 AM
too late, i irdered this >>> LG 42LE5900 Television - 42" LED TV with Freeview HD, 100Hz, NetCast, 4 x HDMI and USB connectivity - LG Electronics UK (http://www.lg.com/uk/tv-audio-video/televisions/LG-led-tv-42LE5900.jsp)

:)

rIKmAN
24th September, 2010, 05:23 AM
avforums.com is a place I always head to when wanting to research any type of new equipment I'm thinking of buying :)

I have a 42" LG too, LD Series and with a IR remote hack (or phone) I was able to unlock the ability to play more movie formats through the USB port, including 1080p .mkv files.

Yours might come with it already enabled, but if not have a check :)

Saltire
24th September, 2010, 08:30 AM
avforums.com is a place I always head to when wanting to research any type of new equipment I'm thinking of buying :)

I have a 42" LG too, LD Series and with a IR remote hack (or phone) I was able to unlock the ability to play more movie formats through the USB port, including 1080p .mkv files.

Yours might come with it already enabled, but if not have a check :)

not checked ad dont care, lol, just want iy for games, lol