PDA

View Full Version : help please for newbie to ipod touch want to crach it

pjtaff
21st September, 2010, 06:05 PM
hi i have a ipod touch 32gb i think its a 3rd gen tried to find the firmware on it but cant but what i did find is
version 3.1.2 (7d11)

really want to know what is the best method to hack the ipod keep reading differnet methods and im getting confused

also once i have hacked how do i get and instal apps, games on the ipod

and can itunes find out once i reconnect my ipod to the computer

so please could you help me to
1. idiots guide to hack ipod
2.where and how to download apps
3. how to install apps
4.what should i do and not do to my ipod after hack (ie settings connect to itunes< update or anything else)

many thanks in advance for any help

pjtaf:sheep::sheep:

djskynet
22nd September, 2010, 06:44 PM
two options here for you. spirit wich can be downloaded from the net (google it)

or the other that is even eayser. open safari on youe ipod. go to jailbreakme.com and follow the prompt. easy as a poke in the eye

you can still connect to itunes but if you update you will loose the jailbreak and it will be hard (if not impossable) to get back.

when you do jailbreak and run cidya (will install itself when you jailbreak) it will ask you if you want to 'make your life easyer' do it. it will help if for any reason you loose your jailbreak. post back when you jailbreak and ill tell you how to get your apps ffor you.
all the best

pjtaff
22nd September, 2010, 07:54 PM
right m8 done all that and all ok what is the best way to get apps and can i get any music also
thanks very much for your help

mickydibble
23rd September, 2010, 11:24 AM
right m8 done all that and all ok what is the best way to get apps and can i get any music also
thanks very much for your help

go to your sources in cydia find/search "installous" dl apps,then find "mxtube" dl this u-ttube style music vids etc.etc..

ps... think u need to get a app from itunes first before installous :)

djskynet
24th September, 2010, 08:52 AM
in cidya go to manage then sources then press edit (top right corner) then add (top left corner) then type in cydia.hackulo.us and add the source. ignore the warning (add anyway) install appsync for whatever your ios is. then hackulous security (importaint) then installous. you can find almost any app from there. have fun. if you have any other questions ask away. ill answer them if i can. hope this helps :-)

pjtaff
25th September, 2010, 05:32 PM
in cidya go to manage then sources then press edit (top right corner) then add (top left corner) then type in cydia.hackulo.us and add the source. ignore the warning (add anyway) install appsync for whatever your ios is. then hackulous security (importaint) then installous. you can find almost any app from there. have fun. if you have any other questions ask away. ill answer them if i can. hope this helps :-)
so could i download music from anywhere to put on my ipod or is it just games and apps, i know i could download onto my computer and then transfer to the ipod but could i access and download direct from the ipod

many thanks for all your help
taf

smirnoff_rules
25th September, 2010, 05:34 PM
l use CopyTransManager (http://www.copytrans.net/copytransmanager.php) its free and does the same as itune but u just drag mp3's in

pjtaff
25th September, 2010, 05:36 PM
l use CopyTransManager (http://www.copytrans.net/copytransmanager.php) its free and does the same as itune but u just drag mp3's in
sorrry to sound thick but do i download that onto my ipod and if so how will i be able to get music onto the ipod from this can i just download music straight to the ipod off the net

smirnoff_rules
25th September, 2010, 05:38 PM
no . plug ipod in and use pc to transfer files

pjtaff
25th September, 2010, 05:40 PM
ok m8 thanks for that so is there no way of downloading music straight to your ipod

smirnoff_rules
25th September, 2010, 05:41 PM
ok m8 thanks for that so is there no way of downloading music straight to your ipod

no m8 .. l wish

pjtaff
25th September, 2010, 05:43 PM
ok m8 thought not but things move so fast that you never know,
one other thing if you dont mind is when i find a app or game it gives me a big list of links to download the app from is there any 1's i should avoid or are they all ok

smirnoff_rules
25th September, 2010, 05:46 PM
ok m8 thought not but things move so fast that you never know,
one other thing if you dont mind is when i find a app or game it gives me a big list of links to download the app from is there any 1's i should avoid or are they all ok

no m8 just download the latest ones

pjtaff
25th September, 2010, 05:47 PM
thanks for that m8 your a star

smirnoff_rules
25th September, 2010, 05:52 PM
thanks for that m8 your a star
u can add 100 itunes app but u can only use on wifi/3g

djskynet
27th September, 2010, 06:08 PM
if you look in cydia for an app called d tunes and install that then it lets you download music videos and pics direct to your ipod/phone. all you need to know is where to get the music from. its eayser to download the music onto your pc and use itunes to put them on though

hicube
8th October, 2010, 01:44 AM
if you look in cydia for an app called d tunes and install that then it lets you download music videos and pics direct to your ipod/phone. all you need to know is where to get the music from. its eayser to download the music onto your pc and use itunes to put them on though
Thats the answer i was looking for too..... thanks for that :wavey:

fijiman
8th October, 2010, 07:45 AM

From Cydia you can download Mewseek pro. Search and download music straight on to your iPod