PDA

View Full Version : flash ftp problem

douch
16th April, 2008, 12:22 PM
when i open my flashfxp and connect to my dreambox i only get parent directory and no folders why is this or how can i open them up?to show all folders in the parent directory?is it a setting in the dreambox ?

C64
16th April, 2008, 12:29 PM
When u say Parent, do mean that u can see Root?

If you mean root, is it a root folder you are in or are you really in root?

(confused? lol)

douch
16th April, 2008, 12:55 PM
no i mean when i open my flashftp and connect to the dbox all that show up on the dbox side is parent directory and nothing else?why?

C64
16th April, 2008, 01:04 PM
Yes but when you say the parent directory are you talking about root?

i.e the highest level of the tree structure, you're not actually in any sub folders?

I suppose what I'm asking is how do you know you are in root if you can see no subfolders!

douch
16th April, 2008, 01:06 PM
yes that what i mean i have no sub folders showing how do i get them to show bit new to this flashftp stuff and thanks for reply

C64
16th April, 2008, 01:08 PM
well, if you can see no folders then that would suggest that you're not acutally connected to the box.

Flash FXP will display all folders and sub folders automatically.

Did it log in ok, did it accept your username and password, what username and passwod did u use?

douch
16th April, 2008, 01:34 PM
i just tryed to connect to the flashftp again with useing a user name ..root..and password ...dreambox...now it tells me connection failed?what can be done to fixs this? and thanks agian for takeing the time to help

thommo
16th April, 2008, 01:43 PM
make sure the ip is correct and try shutting your firewall down too.

douch
16th April, 2008, 01:47 PM
the ip address is right i try shutting down firewall now and let you know how i get on

douch
16th April, 2008, 02:00 PM
i shut down firewall it made no differents and can you tell me how to find what image i am use?pls

Curious123
16th April, 2008, 03:42 PM
On all dreamboxes the bootup screen tells you who made the image so from that you can usually work out which image you have installed on the box. Are you able to ping your box do you get a response back i.e on your pc do

Start > run > cmd ping 192.168.x.xxx x= the ip address of your box

Curious123
16th April, 2008, 03:45 PM
Just seen one of your other post saying you do not have a router so how are you connecting to the dreambox? Are you using a crossover cable?

douch
16th April, 2008, 04:05 PM
i am connecting it from a crossover wire and unpluging my modem...as was told in other post how to do it

evocamd 2.12

douch
16th April, 2008, 08:30 PM
i have still no joy in trying too but this nar7 rar file onto the dreambox...when ever i use flashfxp it tells me cant connect but when i dont but user or password word it find a folder so to me it finding the dreambox..i have also try iexplorer as in putting my ipaddress in browers and trying to add user ..root..password dreambox in what comes up..but in user it adds my ipaddress aswell..root.when do this?on internet explorer.....it just something i tryed not sure if going down the right road on that 1? if anyone has idea of what else i can do i would be happy.....:(

douch
16th April, 2008, 10:00 PM
to all who care i have now update my var.key folder with nagrarom7 rar was easy in the end...what i did was change ip address on dreambox to 192.168.x.xxx sub net was 255.255.255.0 all others boxs was put to 0.0.0.0.0 and tick enable network....then hooked up to pc with crossover into the modem port on back of pc..then change setting in network connection to 192.168.x.xxx
sub net 255.255.255.0....then toof firewall down...and in adress bar put ftp://192.168.x.xxx that then asked for user {root} and password {dreambox} ok. open up files i see like var then keys then drag and drop the unzip nagrarom7 file in close it all up and plug back in to tv all working nice....so to all that have try to help me with this i thank you for your time....but this is how i done it so if ever someone else has problem this is the way......happydays:withstupid: