PDA

View Full Version : Installing the Backup Loader Hack -

dowlinr
2nd December, 2008, 03:12 PM
I'm was getting cheesed off with all this chip talk so decided to update some instructions a friend wrote and put everything needed in the one zip file.

Anyway here's the instructions you will need.

Edit:
These Instructions are for people who haven't updated to 3.4. If you have you will need a new version of the Twilight hack, it can be downloaded from http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Twilight_Hack#Download

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Step 1 - Preparation
Before you embark on your quest to soft mod your console, you'll need the following -

A Wii Console
Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess (Wii Version!)
An SD Memory card (anything from 32Mb up to 2GB)
An SD card reader

First of all, download this file
backuplauncher_0.3_gamma.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?idoyznft3gu)
and extract it to your HD.

Format your SD card in the FAT format. Copy the contents of the "backuplauncher_0.3_gamma" directory to the root of the SD card

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Step 2 - Installing the Twilight hack

Put your SD card into your Wii.

1)Now, Start by playing Zelda if you haven't already and save the game. For some reason you are unable to copy over a save game unless you've played it before. So play, save, exit to Wii menu.

Open up the data management screen and delete your newly created save game. Then, whilst still in data management open up your SD card and copy the correct "twiglight hack" save game for your region onto your Wii.
rzdp = Europe
rzdj = Asia
rzde = USA
(Note - some Wii's won't see the save game. If this is the case, whack the SD back in the PC, find the data.bin file, right click and then tick the archive bit).

Once the save is transferred, load Zelda again, and load the twilight hack save game. When it loads, run forward and speak to the man infront of you. This will now proceed with the installation of the homebrew channel (as you put that in the root of your SD card, right?).

Now you have the homebrew channel as a permanent fixture on your Wii desktop.

Installing the loader

Open the homebrew channel, and open the CIOS installer. This needs the wii to be connected to the internet (wireless or wired) as it downloads the required files. Once installed (takes around 5-10 minutes) you can run the Backup Loader but you don't want to have to go into the Homebrew channel every time you want to load a backup so read on.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Installing the Backup Loader channel

Open the Homebrew Channel and load the WAD manager.
Press A
Then A again
Now select the BackupChannel_0.3.wad and press +
Press A to confirm installation.

DiddyDave
2nd December, 2008, 08:20 PM
This is one of the few good posts many thanks I'm sure that people looking to do the softmod will look back on this post for help.

I use the softmod my self so I know where you are coming from when someone is going to do this for the first time.

johno1135
3rd December, 2008, 11:33 AM
cheers m8
just got zelda so here goes

dowlinr
3rd December, 2008, 04:58 PM
cheers m8
just got zelda so here goes

How did you get on?

DiddyDave
3rd December, 2008, 09:30 PM
One thing I would say is that once you have applied the hack is to remove the wii from the net so this does not do an auto update if you leave it on without using it for a while. If the wii does it's update the hack will stop working.

Pittsey
5th December, 2008, 01:35 PM
Cheers Dowlinr.

dowlinr
5th December, 2008, 02:08 PM
Cheers Dowlinr.

haha, bring it round my house and I'll do it for you :D

Btw, have you got a copy of Zelda? I had to borrow one to do mine.

And more importantly have you bought Jake's Wii yet?

Pittsey
5th December, 2008, 11:11 PM
haha, bring it round my house and I'll do it for you :D

Btw, have you got a copy of Zelda? I had to borrow one to do mine.

And more importantly have you bought Jake's Wii yet?

No, and No.

I am waiting on some money from work. I will have to ask about for Zelda. Or go to Blockbuster.

middlewingnut
20th December, 2008, 07:03 PM
Thanks to all - as the tut here are so clear, I've put Zelda on teh christmas list and boxing day will need to send the kids out for a nice long walk.

dowlinr
20th December, 2008, 07:09 PM
Thanks to all - as the tut here are so clear, I've put Zelda on teh christmas list and boxing day will need to send the kids out for a nice long walk.

I'd try and borrow it if you can mate. You only need it for 10 mins, if you want to play the game after that then just download it :D

dell_xps
21st December, 2008, 09:52 AM
I'd try and borrow it if you can mate. You only need it for 10 mins, if you want to play the game after that then just download it :D

Got to be one of the worst games on the Wii, IMHO, lol
:hahaha:

drawflex
21st December, 2008, 08:16 PM
One thing I would say is that once you have applied the hack is to remove the wii from the net so this does not do an auto update if you leave it on without using it for a while. If the wii does it's update the hack will stop working.

Downgrade to 3.2 and install starfall.. it stopps update check and you won't have to worry about this.

wmccull
23rd December, 2008, 05:41 PM
So does this mean i can play online after its softmodded and patched , without any probs ?

drawflex
23rd December, 2008, 07:05 PM
yes mate... no probs

jhardluck
27th December, 2008, 03:15 PM
Can anyone give instructions on how to downgrade my software to 3.2 so, I can install starfall as suggested above. Is this necessary and should I do this before setting up the Homebrew and Loder channels. Thanks in advance for any advice.

dell_xps
28th December, 2008, 02:01 PM
Can anyone give instructions on how to downgrade my software to 3.2 so, I can install starfall as suggested above. Is this necessary and should I do this before setting up the Homebrew and Loder channels. Thanks in advance for any advice.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f16/wii-softmod-tutorial-noobs-like-me-20545/

All the info you need is in this thread and the link posted above m8.

Pittsey
14th January, 2009, 11:12 AM

I have 3.3 and didn't need to downgrade. I used this tutorial here. Thanks Dowlinr.