PDA

View Full Version : open media 500cs

abbs2002
24th September, 2010, 11:02 PM
Hi guys
I?ve just set up my open media 500cs today, managed to sort out the cable side but sat side pc couldn?t connect to the box so I couldn?t transfer the key files, I?ve transferred the files just fine on the cable side not sure what went wrong, any ideas?

plasterer
25th September, 2010, 12:23 AM
Have you switched it to sat
How did you transfer the image
Use a 232 cable with dreamup to transfer your sat image
to the box
Hope this helps ...................Paul

abbs2002
25th September, 2010, 12:53 AM
Have you switched it to sat
How did you transfer the image
Use a 232 cable with dreamup to transfer your sat image
to the box
Hope this helps ...................Paul
I have switched to sat after setting up the cable side of the box, I have used the null modem cable to transfer the image as I did for the cable side and connect the box to router to transfer the files, I?ve used DK v1.1 for cable and Pli- jade on the sat side since then the I couldn?t transfer files to my box coz pc could not connect to the box IP address, my box is connected to the router for, I?ve noticed since I?ve flash the sat Image I couldn?t find IP address in the box menu, coz the menu on Pli-jade image is different and also when I switch but to cable side I have to go through the process of scanning for channels is that normal, this is the first day of using this box.

EAMO 2
25th September, 2010, 07:48 PM
I have switched to sat after setting up the cable side of the box, I have used the null modem cable to transfer the image as I did for the cable side and connect the box to router to transfer the files, I?ve used DK v1.1 for cable and Pli- jade on the sat side since then the I couldn?t transfer files to my box coz pc could not connect to the box IP address, my box is connected to the router for, I?ve noticed since I?ve flash the sat Image I couldn?t find IP address in the box menu, coz the menu on Pli-jade image is different and also when I switch but to cable side I have to go through the process of scanning for channels is that normal, this is the first day of using this box.

Be sure to power-off box before changing between sat & cable.
In communication menu;
TICK; DHCP
Enable Network
Save settings & box should auto-connect to PC
After flashing to box you scan for chls., chls. are then saved on box. After scan on cable, switch to sat & scan sat. chls.
Sat. scan is Astra 28.2 if you want sky channels

abbs2002
25th September, 2010, 08:33 PM
Be sure to power-off box before changing between sat & cable.
In communication menu;
TICK; DHCP
Enable Network
Save settings & box should auto-connect to PC
After flashing to box you scan for chls., chls. are then saved on box. After scan on cable, switch to sat & scan sat. chls.
Sat. scan is Astra 28.2 if you want sky channels
Thanks for that m8, I have got it sorted with new Image.
Cheers