PDA

View Full Version : Have a problem with Flashing FXP

prawny007
16th April, 2008, 01:20 PM
Hi
I have successfully followed the instructions to Flash FTP to my dreambox, managed to connect to it with no problem and update it all.

Although i have a problem doing my mates Dbox, i have followed all the instructions, but can not connect at all!
Im not to sure if its the wrong IP address or password etc, it just wont connect.

Thanks

Curious123
16th April, 2008, 01:23 PM
Can you not check the ip address on his box through the set up menu?

aftermath
16th April, 2008, 01:34 PM
Hi
I have successfully followed the instructions to Flash FTP to my dreambox, managed to connect to it with no problem and update it all.

Although i have a problem doing my mates Dbox, i have followed all the instructions, but can not connect at all!
Im not to sure if its the wrong IP address or password etc, it just wont connect.

Thanks

Would help if you posted what image your using m8 ?
some images have different IPs
If your using DW2.0 . you can change it from your remote to suit your PC`s IP address, make it a different one to your PC IP though,

prawny007
16th April, 2008, 01:35 PM
well i follwed the instructions telling me to go into settings, network and tick the DHCP box, which i did. After rebooting the box it says there should be a new IP address, which is the one i was using, but it still would not connect.

These are the Instructions i followed:
On your Dbox2 go into SETTINGS then NETWORK and tick DHCP then restart the Dbox2, once the box has rebooted go back into the NETWORK page and you'll see that you have a new IP ADDRESS, take a note of the IP address and enter it into your flash FXP program by clicking on the little picture of the bolt of lightening at the top, then select QUICK CONNECT. Now you need to tell it the address of the Dbox2 so enter the IP address that you got from the Dbox2, enter that number where it says SERVER OR URL then for user name enter root and for password enter dbox2 then hit CONNECT at the bottom.

prawny007
16th April, 2008, 01:39 PM
im using Commando7

thommo
16th April, 2008, 01:41 PM
double check eveything as its the same way as the dreambox bar the password.

remember you had your firewall up before (was you wasnt it?lol), have you shut it down this time?

prawny007
16th April, 2008, 01:49 PM
I dont think that is the problem, wasnt me sorry, i do not have a firewall enabled.

When im trying to connect through Flash FXP, it keeps saying Connection Error and Connection Failed.

aftermath
16th April, 2008, 01:53 PM
try username = root
password = commando

thommo
16th April, 2008, 01:55 PM
try username = root
password = commando

think you could be right there commando did have diff passwords if i remember right, good memory there m8.

prawny007
16th April, 2008, 02:44 PM
Oh right ok, i was using the password dbox2 like it said on the instructions. I shall get him round again and retry with that password.

Thanks, i shall get back to you and let you no how i get on.

thommo
16th April, 2008, 02:46 PM
password is usually dbox2 but certain img makers changed the pass, team commando being one of them.

father ted
16th April, 2008, 02:46 PM
Oh right ok, i was using the password dbox2 like it said on the instructions. I shall get him round again and retry with that password.

Thanks, i shall get back to you and let you no how i get on.

its defo commando there was only about 2 images that i can think of that had a different password the other one was uk04 beta

prawny007
16th April, 2008, 02:58 PM
Thanks alot, you have all been great help.

Like i say i shall let you no how i get on.

prawny007
19th April, 2008, 09:59 AM
Just wanted to say thanks, i did my mates dbox last night with no problem at all, used the password "commando" and it worked.

Thanks