PDA

View Full Version : disc stoped spinning help

2nd December, 2008, 04:11 PM
when i put the disk in it dosnt spin at all ive tried all sorts of disk and nothing ive read that i might have to change the drive but any sug before i do that thanks

Raven
3rd December, 2008, 01:30 AM
You do know that games don't come on automatically like they do on the Xbox360....when I had my PS3 I had to go into the disc tray section and click confirm to have the game boot up.

Also it's worth noting that the PS3 is generally known to be a reliable and stable console so if your (original) PS3 games aren't reading then you really do have a problem and I would suggest sending it back to the place of purchase as faulty if at all possible - or send it to a repair shop for a new drive or something.

dazza78
3rd December, 2008, 10:43 AM
ravens right m8 ,sometimes you have to click on the game disc to get it to work ,
failing that if it is broke just ring sony customer services and youll get a new one delivered and they take ya old 1 away
dazza

davidred5
7th December, 2008, 01:20 PM
HI there

By the sounds of it you do need a new drive in addition the Ps3 does in fact auto play discs and this feature can be turned off in the system settings area, check this out before you call sony as it is a standard troubleshooting step they may ask you to do.

Hope this helps