PDA

View Full Version : spider owners .... HELP

notluckyuk
25th September, 2010, 08:24 PM
HI,

I have bought 3 spider boxes, 1st is 4 months old and works perfect. I bought another two for my friends on Thursday.

1st box updated and works good, 2nd box kicks out any tv fta or gift channels while viewing and then comes up with 'abnormal box please contact your seller' any ideas on how to fix this...I contacted the Al*at guys and they never seen it before. But even without ehternet cable and watching FTA it still errors up.

Any ideas?

yamar1
26th September, 2010, 12:22 AM
HI,

I have bought 3 spider boxes, 1st is 4 months old and works perfect. I bought another two for my friends on Thursday.

1st box updated and works good, 2nd box kicks out any tv fta or gift channels while viewing and then comes up with 'abnormal box please contact your seller' any ideas on how to fix this...I contacted the Al*at guys and they never seen it before. But even without ehternet cable and watching FTA it still errors up.

Any ideas?

i know its no help, but iv said this before, these boxes are great value till they go wrong. then you realise there is NO SUPPORT for them when they go wrong. unlike others.

tvadict
26th September, 2010, 10:11 AM
i still struggle to think why people bother with this spiderbox thing. Te box is just crap. Almost everyone i know who owns this box is having a nightmare. They cost same price as dm800 clone which has extensive support and extremly reliable

mdt
26th September, 2010, 10:27 AM
if the box is faulty then send it back!, if a lsat or whoever you bought the box off are refusing to play ball then say you,ll contact trading standards. just because the guy in the shop hasnt seen the problem before doesnt mean it doesnt exist. have you tried the null-modem tool and then re-flashing the box with 20th dec,then latest patch?? you could also try a box-to-box transfere. ive never had any firmware problems with my 9000hd although im going to sell mine as im sick of the disconnection problem/c**am 2.14 problem and "their refusal to admit the problem exists". although i didnt buy my 9000hd off a lsat directly its the first time ive had any of their products and it will probably be the last. regards mdt

hooley
26th September, 2010, 11:00 AM
if the box is faulty then send it back!, if a lsat or whoever you bought the box off are refusing to play ball then say you,ll contact trading standards. just because the guy in the shop hasnt seen the problem before doesnt mean it doesnt exist. have you tried the null-modem tool and then re-flashing the box with 20th dec,then latest patch?? you could also try a box-to-box transfere. ive never had any firmware problems with my 9000hd although im going to sell mine as im sick of the disconnection problem/c**am 2.14 problem and "their refusal to admit the problem exists". although i didnt buy my 9000hd off a lsat directly its the first time ive had any of their products and it will probably be the last. regards mdt
Ya, as MDT says, send it back. I had a spiderbox for about four months and i had to get rid. The C ccam disconnecting was doing my head in.

notluckyuk
26th September, 2010, 01:21 PM
they posted an update for all new spiderboxes last night at 9pm, fix works and the other box is ok....

I have 3 stb's now and got to say I do like this box, takes 20 minutes to setup and when they finish the new gift server it should be quite stable, but my new 9750ip is a sweet box..