PDA

View Full Version : Forum Rules before you can post

the man
26th September, 2010, 03:28 AM
is there any way to make it so that new guy cant post until they read the rules?

it would stop alot of

help need free sky server
dreambox keys need now for fee sky
type posts , and overall make the site better. IMO

then if they read the rules and decided to post what they know they shouldn't just ban them.

only a thought

Grizz
26th September, 2010, 09:33 AM
is there any way to make it so that new guy cant post until they read the rules?

it would stop alot of

help need free sky server
dreambox keys need now for fee sky
type posts , and overall make the site better. IMO

then if they read the rules and decided to post what they know they shouldn't just ban them.

only a thought

well, im new but i can see how the same Q over and over would drive longstanding members nutz, (esp when a quick search would yield an answer(followed by a thanks!)) far be it from me to suggest something for what seems to be a perfect forum, but following on to what you say, maybe the rules on something like the EULAs on software that you have to scroll to end of text and click agree before entering?

opsmonkey
26th September, 2010, 09:33 PM
lol... its a good idea, but have you ever read the EULA's..? or just clicked on Agree..?? I know which i do

the man
26th September, 2010, 09:48 PM
lol... its a good idea, but have you ever read the EULA's..? or just clicked on Agree..?? I know which i do

but then there no reason to have rules?

if you agree to the rules and in you first post you brakes the rules then just ban the person its there fault

theres the guys who come on and type

my fav 1st post was

ten Characters then the dude just started downloading lol

satsmo
26th September, 2010, 09:56 PM
There would be a lot of bans by all accounts then.

As OPs said people do not read the rules most of the time on any registration and just click the "I Agree" box. If a new member posts something that is against the rules you may report it, (we will then deal with it), or you can direct them to Dreamer's thread in the intro section. This will then help them with future posts and how the forum works.

If they make more posts that break the rules after that well they are usually moderated and an infraction may be given. But it is very rare that we have to do this as the members here tend to look out for new members and direct them as said above.

The ban button is seldom used here on anyone new or old, we tend to ban spammers on a daily basis though, they are the "newbies" we do not want :)

Devilfish
28th September, 2010, 04:29 PM
I like the idea though, I've seen it on other forums, there's a countdown box before they can click agree, etc.

the man
29th September, 2010, 07:30 PM
how dose this site benofit from posts like this

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f2/introduce-myself-162061/

also there was a seller on ebay
saying buy my box and go to dk to get free sky tv... that cant be good?

cant you make it so you need to chip in to the site , not just smash and grab? i/e 10 good posts before you can start to download ?

l

aftermath
29th September, 2010, 07:33 PM
how dose this site benofit from posts like this

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f2/introduce-myself-162061/

also there was a seller on ebay
saying buy my box and go to dk to get free sky tv... that cant be good?

cant you make it so you need to chip in to the site , not just smash and grab? i/e 10 good posts before you can start to download ?

l

we dont benefit at all mate , we just hope that people remember where they got their help from and come back and help others.

but for every 1 leacher we get about 50 good members that stick around, so i guess its a good balance lol

gmb45
30th September, 2010, 02:50 AM
this has been debated time and time again, theres nothing that can be done really, if you increase the number of posts before they can download they just post any old shite any where ( bit like me really, before any one says it lol ) then the mods have to tidy things up, it happens on all forums, as aftermath said we get a lot more good members than bad so alls good :) theres always the report post button ( the little triangle bottom left of each post ) if you think somethings not right

cunny
30th September, 2010, 08:53 AM
There is always the option of putting your upload into a .rar file (using winrar) and passwording it. You could either get the people to pm you for the password or maybe something could be added to the forums so that once you've replied you see the password.

To be honest, if you password the .rar file, all you do then is either create a load of posts of thanks ect or allot of pms and posts asking for the password, i have seen these both scenarios on other forums.

Maybe once a user has registered, maybe as stated the rules stay on for 12 seconds before they can continue, but the, the only forums they can have access to is the intro section, along with the rules, until a intro post has been made, no access to the shoutbox ect either. But a dialog box/pm to remind them to post in the intro section to open up the forums to them?

Just a thought