PDA

View Full Version : Best Decoder?

sxmaniac2003
2nd December, 2008, 04:30 PM
Hi Guys,
I have a motorised 80cm dish that I am about to get repaired, I originall had a Goldmaster box that could descramble TPS and some of the XXX channels on hotbird.

I am looking to buy a new box and wondered if anyone can suggest which is the best (within reason financially) at decoding the most channels?

Thanks in advance.

benny/9
2nd December, 2008, 04:55 PM
Hi Guys,
I have a motorised 80cm dish that I am about to get repaired, I originall had a Goldmaster box that could descramble TPS and some of the XXX channels on hotbird.

I am looking to buy a new box and wondered if anyone can suggest which is the best (within reason financially) at decoding the most channels?

Thanks in advance.
hi m8,
there's not a lot open at the moment now that premiere has changed and polsat is changing to nagra3 encyrption and tps has moved to astra 19e
and also changed encryption and not available, i would say you will get the best of whats available with a diablo cam, as for receivers the technomate is one of the cheapest on the market and is a good quality and easy to program,patch etc: if you dont want to spend to much

alunfennell
2nd December, 2008, 04:57 PM
well with the Encryptions changing all across Europe at the moment it is getting harder to get channels to open on what ever receiver you intend using, but there are a few ways to go at the moment such as Linux based receivers like the Dreambox or Technomate using card sharing & keys, also there are IP recivers that will run on a server unlocking certian channels.

On the other hand you can sit thight and hopefully new encrptions will be hacked using EMU / Keys in the future using standard based recivers.

I am sure other fourm member will add there views to this trend giving you a good overview of everything to point you in the right direction.

Regards:
Alun

.: JaCkPoT :.
2nd December, 2008, 05:11 PM
nothing much left.. you have channels like ORF, Rai and a few Viasat ones but the only package is DigiTV.... Patience is the key in the Sat world

sxmaniac2003
2nd December, 2008, 05:16 PM
Thanks guys, you have probably saved me a few quid, I think I will sit tight for a while and see what happens.

.: JaCkPoT :.
2nd December, 2008, 05:28 PM
thats your best bet m8

Curious123
2nd December, 2008, 10:10 PM
Get yourself a dreambox dm500 clone while you are sitting tight.