PDA

View Full Version : max v firmware problem

mickyboy
2nd December, 2008, 04:54 PM
iv got the eurovox max v and it wont take the new firmware,, only had it a few days ,ive been updating manually,, could it be a cloned box and if so how do i get the new firmware to work ,,,,when i connect box to pc its not picking it up ,,any ideas ppl

dannyj
2nd December, 2008, 05:54 PM
are u using the right cable ? Make sure its a null-modem cable and not an rs232 cable, they look the same but the null-modem is a cross-over ?????? just a thought ! good luck with your firmware.

kam75
2nd December, 2008, 05:55 PM
:cobblers::cobblers::cobblers::cobblers::cobblers: :cobblers:
iv got the eurovox max v and it wont take the new firmware,, only had it a few days ,ive been updating manually,, could it be a cloned box and if so how do i get the new firmware to work ,,,,when i connect box to pc its not picking it up ,,any ideas ppl

mickyboy
2nd December, 2008, 05:55 PM
are u using the right cable ? Make sure its a null-modem cable and not an rs232 cable, they look the same but the null-modem is a cross-over ?????? just a thought ! good luck with your firmware.

thanks buddy ill look in to that the now ,,

kam75
2nd December, 2008, 05:56 PM
no i do not now sorry mate

mickyboy
2nd December, 2008, 05:57 PM
:cobblers::cobblers::cobblers::cobblers::cobblers: :cobblers:

cobblers about what ??

mickyboy
2nd December, 2008, 05:57 PM
no i do not now sorry mate

thanks anyway m8

chr15
2nd December, 2008, 08:13 PM
i have proper null modem cable, (bought 2 now) and my max v cant be detected by pc to load new firmware. atm its running s/w version 1.0 stc4 sep 06 2007. h/w version is 2.0t k5. (if it matters) no matter what i've tried it will not connect, and have latest firmware ready and waiting to go on. have tried other threads and posts but dont seem to be getting anywhere. can anyone help further please?

mickyboy
2nd December, 2008, 09:42 PM
i have proper null modem cable, (bought 2 now) and my max v cant be detected by pc to load new firmware. atm its running s/w version 1.0 stc4 sep 06 2007. h/w version is 2.0t k5. (if it matters) no matter what i've tried it will not connect, and have latest firmware ready and waiting to go on. have tried other threads and posts but dont seem to be getting anywhere. can anyone help further please?

just out of curiosity m8 what o/system you using is it vista ultimate ??

chr15
2nd December, 2008, 09:43 PM
no, xp. both mine and my mates.

mickyboy
2nd December, 2008, 09:46 PM
ma bro inlaw s got same box as me and i tried his cable with mine ,nothing but it worked on his im using vista and hees using xp ,,just a thought m8 its doin ma head in ive tried everything