PDA

View Full Version : mystery black wire peugeot 206cc

soulconnect
27th September, 2010, 06:31 AM
Hi

I am about to change the thermostat as well as the coolant sensor and found a broken black wire just on its own around this area. What would it be from please.

Photos attached.

Larue
27th September, 2010, 06:59 AM
If it is petrol engine, it may come from supressor which is bolted on ignition coil. They usually braking off.

soulconnect
27th September, 2010, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the reply and yes its petrol.

Do you have a diagram I can follow just to make sure?

Liteace
27th September, 2010, 08:32 AM
I think Larue is thinking of the earlier engine where the coil pack is bolted to the end of the engine and has HT leads, from the photo this looks like it has COP pack so I dont think it'll be from there. Is everyhting working OK on dash, does it have any fault codes

soulconnect
27th September, 2010, 09:18 AM
I think Larue is thinking of the earlier engine where the coil pack is bolted to the end of the engine and has HT leads, from the photo this looks like it has COP pack so I dont think it'll be from there. Is everyhting working OK on dash, does it have any fault codes

Hi

Thanks for your reply, everything is working fine no faults.

Larue
27th September, 2010, 10:33 AM
What engine code it has and which year is car? There are two engine manegement systems listed.

soulconnect
27th September, 2010, 11:44 AM
What engine code it has and which year is car? There are two engine manegement systems listed.

Hi

Engine No. is 10FX3V1718617 2003

Larue
27th September, 2010, 11:59 AM
Just had a look on Autodata, Esitronic and Sedre wiring diagrams. There is one little problem - they doesn't show colours. As frenches are doing all wires are numbered.
That engine code isn't wery helpful. Needs engine code from Vin number or at least which size engine it is 1.6 or 2.0 litres. From attached pictures it's 1.6 litre I'm thinking, just want to be shure.

Meat-Head
27th September, 2010, 02:34 PM
see if its live. ign on, then start agree with supresser idea.

yank like ~~~~ on it, soo if has connecter on it

Larue
27th September, 2010, 05:10 PM
Went throw all available engine management systems and couldn't find ignition suppression capacitor. It is listed on older systems, but not on newer.
If it's running without any faults lets think that wire is just for let us confused!:hmmmm2:

soulconnect
27th September, 2010, 11:18 PM
Just had a look on Autodata, Esitronic and Sedre wiring diagrams. There is one little problem - they doesn't show colours. As frenches are doing all wires are numbered.
That engine code isn't wery helpful. Needs engine code from Vin number or at least which size engine it is 1.6 or 2.0 litres. From attached pictures it's 1.6 litre I'm thinking, just want to be shure.

Its a 1.6 auto .

Larue
28th September, 2010, 08:19 AM
Ok. 1.6 litre engine use two engine management systems. Here are One folder with wiring diags from Bosch and another according to Autodata. It opens in Windows Explorer.

soulconnect
28th September, 2010, 09:07 AM
Ok. 1.6 litre engine use two engine management systems. Here are One folder with wiring diags from Bosch and another according to Autodata. It opens in Windows Explorer.

Hi Larue

Thanks for that I will look through it and get familiar with the diagrams which will take me a little while. Really appreciate your help.

I have one more question of the topic.

When I replaced my original clarion stereo in car with another clarion, my brother cut the stereo connectors of and joined the wires and plugged in RCA cables for the amps and speakers.

Now I have a new kenwood which I have connected and is working great but since it is a new system it has one blue wire with yellow stripe for the steering remote. Do I need an adaptor to use it or can I conect it to the steering remote stalk and if so what colour is the wire for this?

Larue
28th September, 2010, 12:16 PM
Which model is Your radio?
.....all are going for newer technologies, but I'm doing some AUDI 100 year 1980 with carburettor on five cylinder engine....quite nice car! Just been on road test and found it easier to drive and more comfortable than most of new stuff! And customer is happy with it as well. He boght it brand new.

Larue
28th September, 2010, 04:55 PM
About that wire. I don't think its good idea connect it to car. Usually that wire is for amplifier remote control....

Meat-Head
28th September, 2010, 09:19 PM
About that wire. I don't think its good idea connect it to car. Usually that wire is for amplifier remote control....

You what?

Could be for the 'Sideward Facing Foo-Foo Valve' not all models were fitted with them, but MOST had the wiring for it

soulconnect
28th September, 2010, 11:09 PM

No it isnt as I have already connected the remote wire for the amp as it had a label on it as all wires are labelled and this wire is specifically for the remote steering wheel stalk.

Just need to find out what wire it should connect to.

soulconnect
28th September, 2010, 11:11 PM
You what?

Could be for the 'Sideward Facing Foo-Foo Valve' not all models were fitted with them, but MOST had the wiring for it

The black wire is what you are referring to and not the remote steering wheel stalk remote.

But what is the 'Sideward Facing Foo-Foo Valve' and its purpose?

soulconnect
28th September, 2010, 11:13 PM
Which model is Your radio?
.....all are going for newer technologies, but I'm doing some AUDI 100 year 1980 with carburettor on five cylinder engine....quite nice car! Just been on road test and found it easier to drive and more comfortable than most of new stuff! And customer is happy with it as well. He boght it brand new.

Its a kenwood KDC-U7046BT

z786
29th September, 2010, 12:22 AM
sorry to butt in mate.

@soulconnect

if some1 is helping you, please press the little red thanks button on the bottom of their posts, it helps show you appreciate being helped

:D

z786
29th September, 2010, 12:25 AM
MH, you'v confused the poor gentleman with your sideways foo-foo valve

only MH can answer that 1 mate

RSwire
29th September, 2010, 12:51 AM
MH what the fu*k " foo foo valve" poor guy going nuts.

1) If every thing works, no codes FU*K the little black wire

2) unless you mounted the damn thing in the back seat reach over and turn the radio on/off up/down by hand, just that simple.

You need a lesson on being a redneck my friendlol
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

soulconnect
29th September, 2010, 01:10 AM
MH, you'v confused the poor gentleman with your sideways foo-foo valve

only MH can answer that 1 mate

Whos MH? And yes a little confused regarding foo-foo valve.

z786
29th September, 2010, 04:11 AM
Whos MH? And yes a little confused regarding foo-foo valve.

MH = Meat-Head

and this is the closest thing i could find to a foo-foo valve
http://cedsgt.com/teamblog/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Confused_face1.png http://us.cdn4.123rf.com/168nwm/dragon_fang/dragon_fang0901/dragon_fang090100284/4243562-closeup-of-a-young-child-making-a-confused-face-isolated-against-a-white-background.jpg

it jus means you stand there thinking what the fcuk is that supposed to do

soulconnect
29th September, 2010, 04:32 AM
MH = Meat-Head

and this is the closest thing i could find to a foo-foo valve
http://www.in-control.org.uk/site/INCO/UploadedResources/confused%20man%20in%20suit.jpg

it jus means you stand there thinking what the fcuk is that supposed to do

Thanks that was funny :congrats:

z786
29th September, 2010, 04:41 AM
dont thank me mate, MH motors holds sole copyright to the sideward facing foo-foo valve. just hope the chinese dont start cloning it lol

dont get confused mate, we like to have a laff n joke evry now and then on DK (Digital Kaos just incase your wondering):fight:

Larue
29th September, 2010, 07:08 AM
Thanks Meat-Head!
About Your interesting valve.....we weren't speaking about any....
I was trying to tell - that wire on soulconnect's radio is usually for external amplifier control. Bit later I will check wiring diagram for that radio at work.

soulconnect
1st October, 2010, 12:52 AM
I have attached the wiring diagram for the stereo mentioned, as you will see there is a wire for remote steering control apart from the remote for the amps.

The other picture shows the mystery black wire and a closer look shows it comes out of the wiring which leads to the connector marked in yellow.

Meat-Head
24th June, 2011, 01:33 PM
as this thread is now been bumped, thanks Z http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f4/member-makes-me-laugh-most-meat-head-212571/index2.html#post1151301

the wire, if you follow back 3 inches, goes to a non smokeable joint, it is power to the coils.

If you do a search on some inferior peugot based site you will find that Sagem coils needs it. ( i think)

Liteace
24th June, 2011, 04:17 PM
~~~~~ing ellllllllll Meat was you bored, last post before your's 9 months ago, how far did you have to look back to find this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

gregk
24th June, 2011, 06:30 PM
~~~~~ing ellllllllll Meat was you bored, last post before your's 9 months ago, how far did you have to look back to find this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:
Not very far as" Z" put the link on another thread linking me to this: to explain what this side facing foo foo valve is. :confused: Thanks Z