PDA

View Full Version : upa help

ionut_mtb
27th September, 2010, 09:17 AM
hello. i have a problem with the upa usb programmer. i try to read an mc9sdg128e but no success. vdd/vcc out of range, 1 error found device mc....., at connection pin 9 vdd 11.42v Bad. The upa is recognized by the software. the connections are made like in pdf. strange is that one week ago i was reading an mcu with success, and after a day tring the same mcu with same connections and soldering and fail reading... same problem pin 9 vdd Bad..

thanks

racetu
27th September, 2010, 11:11 AM
Give a connection photo

newgeniehex
27th September, 2010, 12:19 PM
hello. i have a problem with the upa usb programmer. i try to read an mc9sdg128e but no success. vdd/vcc out of range, 1 error found device mc....., at connection pin 9 vdd 11.42v Bad. The upa is recognized by the software. the connections are made like in pdf. strange is that one week ago i was reading an mcu with success, and after a day tring the same mcu with same connections and soldering and fail reading... same problem pin 9 vdd Bad..

thanks
HELLO
that is this ,it is a dasboard?cas?or other
maybe it is securised!!!

ionut_mtb
27th September, 2010, 03:01 PM
i had used the connections like in uuprog pdf, with p9 lifted, also tried with pin6 lifted but no success, 2 different cables, and i verrified with multimeter the connections... problem i think it is with the programmer...

ionut_mtb
27th September, 2010, 03:02 PM
this is an airbag module..

newgeniehex
27th September, 2010, 08:15 PM
this is an airbag module..
hello
it is original upa or clone
try to read the simple eeprom

lamfame
27th September, 2010, 10:33 PM
Hello can anybody give connection pdf how to read eeprom of10v of golf3 with upa-usb

squirrelbandy
27th September, 2010, 10:46 PM
i think this is common problem , i have quite a few programmers and my upa ig genuine but i find it hard using it as the settings for each chip are so different . ive managed to read tms and hco5 ok but anything else i dont bother as cant seem to get settings right , maybe there is something somebody can share to show connection settings and i dont mean the pin settings that i already have. i mean what voltage setting for that chip ect ect.

Smac_a
28th September, 2010, 07:10 AM
Hi all,

Are you runnig airbag module on power supply? "Pin 9 vdd 11.42v Bad" - the voltage is way too high as upa can only deliver 5 volts (usb). It's also too high for motorola...

Hope it helps,
Smac_a

rj22
28th September, 2010, 08:03 AM
The AIR 0 285 001 249 is CR16

ionut_mtb
28th September, 2010, 09:32 AM
i'm using only the usb voltage, and if i power upa separatly i have almost same voltage..on P9

ionut_mtb
28th September, 2010, 09:34 AM
@newgeniehex

i dont know if it is a clone, what eprom you say i must read? the airbag module has procesor, not eprom...

Smac_a
28th September, 2010, 09:48 AM
Can you post some pictures (will be a lot easier). Although if there is motorola on pcb there is a good chance that dump you are looking for is stored there...

ionut_mtb
28th September, 2010, 10:14 AM
not so good pictures...

ionut_mtb
28th September, 2010, 11:05 AM
picture in upa soft

Smac_a
28th September, 2010, 12:27 PM
Hi, connections look ok (picture). But what is going on with voltages on upa? I usualy get voltages under 5v (4,8-4,95) since usb can only deliver 5v. Do you supply external power (12v?) to upa or directly to pcb? If you don't, something is wrong with upa (Vdd,Vcc out of range).
I never looked at upa hardware - maybe somebody else could help you or try contacting support... support@elrasoft.com

Regards,
Smac_a

ionut_mtb
29th September, 2010, 09:12 AM
hello, i power upa only from usb, this is the only power that i use. i sent few days ago an email to elrasoft but they told me that i must buy from them upa programmerm, for online help...

stundentas
29th September, 2010, 09:37 AM
picture in upa soft

did your UPA work on others mcu did try spi or somethink else?
I had like this problem when my UPA was broken

ionut_mtb
29th September, 2010, 09:53 AM
i made a hardware test maybe it will help. with this programmer i had read only mcu's when suddenly stopped reading.

stundentas
6th December, 2010, 12:54 PM
I THINK YOUR UPA IS BROKEN TEST YOUR COMPONENT N15 ON UPA , IT'S A FUSE. I HAD THE PROBLEM LIKE YOUR'S AND THE PROBLEM WAS A FUSE (THIS COMPONENT).

stundentas
3rd February, 2011, 08:43 AM
ionut_mtb did you solve this problem whith UPA?
I want to know , it was help.

Seby_TM
4th February, 2011, 09:01 PM
I think the problem in his UPA is MCU from USB module CY7C68013-56PVC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If some one have some information how to read an dump from this MCU and to write another new mcu and with what soft we can do this I will thanks to ho have the solution and tell us.
And in UPA USB programmer are also 2 IC erased near on the conector DB9, one is with 2 x 4 pin and I think is an PIC but I am not shure, if some one know please to tell us.
The second IC erased is 2 x 8 pins, this I don't know what ic it is, probablil some buffer or some logical ic, if some one know please shere with us or send me an mail to me !!!!

Thanks to all for you support :-)