PDA

View Full Version : Please keep me from butting the wall........

lewshanks
27th September, 2010, 11:09 AM
Ok time to seek the wise ones,
after my recent death of my best friend (max eurovox) the loss was lessened knowing the reds where not in the CL this year ,and we can be found popping up every now and again on 5 or even itv 4,anyway i feel i am now ready to start a new relationship enter the world of satellite ,having got all my viewing from ground level in the past ,the thought of poking things in the sky scares me a bit ......not from an installation point of view as the info on here is and always has been first class,..........its the tackle to buy" DBOX 500-600 700-7020 ,Eagle, Clone, not on a 500 but on a 600 Dont touch clones they brick on you, you need a 1.2 metere dish you need a 85 cm dish" you know where this is going .........so Basically
what box,what dish size ,what motors are best to use ..
Thanks Rant over :banghead: I know opinions will differ but you guys have never let me down before .........cheers once again

dick b
27th September, 2010, 12:39 PM
hello mate,your receiver advice I will leave to someone else as linux boxes are the fashion at the moment and I"m not into them.
as regards the dish/motor setup,I"m at latitude 54North and unless you are after difficult to get satellites a 1mt dish will be more than big enough.If you couple that with a technomate diseqc 2300 or 2600 motor,a wall or ground mount and just about any universal lnb.you have the basics.everyone will say the bigger the dish the better but unless as I said earlier that you want difficult channels its not neccessary.I run a 1mt televes dish in my back garden and an 85cm gibertini on my house wall and receive the same channels on that that I do with the 1mt one its just that the signal quality is a touch lower but not enough to get anywhere near unacceptable receiving all the main sats between 42E and 30W no trouble at all.

lewshanks
27th September, 2010, 05:29 PM
thanks dick, thought you could only get linux boxes anyway
opened up another can of worms for me .......

opsmonkey
27th September, 2010, 10:41 PM
if you are not techno savy you can buy one of the plug and play boxes such as the spiderbox that comes with a 'gift'...

if you have the patience mate then go down the linux route.. the learning curve is steep but once you find your way around you'll be clearing every game..

I originally had a plug and play box years back, saw most games.. upgraded to a D500 3 years ago.. been clearing EVERY game live.. ;)

Dish, go for a 1m and get it motorised

lewshanks
28th September, 2010, 10:22 AM
Am i ok to drop you a pm monkey?